PDA

View Full Version : What is it?

senortout
04-19-2014, 04:56 PM
What is 'a challenging' pic 6?

The two talking heads on TVG just looked at each other and remarked that the upcoming pic 6 at such and such racetrack was 'a challenging' pic 6

Small talk notwithstanding, 'what nonsense' !

BettinBilly
04-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Yes. Most pick 6's are so easy.
Glad there is a challenging one now and then. :)

Robert Goren
04-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Some look easier than others when handicapping. But looks are deceiving.

fmolf
04-20-2014, 09:39 AM
i also have a laugh whenthey say"this is a good betting race" when their is no clear cut favorite and all the horses odds are between 4/1 and 7/1....to me this is a chaotic horrible betting race.To me a good betting race is one with a clear cut, over bet,and vulnerable favorite,that creates overlays on other horses!.....

Dark Horse
04-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Funny stuff.

It's what happens when cluelessness has to be dressed up into something more respectable, for the sake of public appearance. They're not allowed to say they don't have an effing clue.

acorn54
04-20-2014, 11:19 AM
mendacity runs rampant in tv land
people get paid to smile and promote the agenda of the people that are paying them
it is called job security.

AndyC
04-20-2014, 12:44 PM
What is 'a challenging' pic 6?

The two talking heads on TVG just looked at each other and remarked that the upcoming pic 6 at such and such racetrack was 'a challenging' pic 6

Small talk notwithstanding, 'what nonsense' !

Hardly nonsense. If a P-6 sequence had 6 races where there were 5-6 legitimate contenders in each race it would certainly be a challenging P-6.

AndyC
04-20-2014, 12:46 PM
i also have a laugh whenthey say"this is a good betting race" when their is no clear cut favorite and all the horses odds are between 4/1 and 7/1....to me this is a chaotic horrible betting race.To me a good betting race is one with a clear cut, over bet,and vulnerable favorite,that creates overlays on other horses!.....

So a race where there will necessarily be a fairly high payoff because there are no low priced favorites is a bad betting race?

senortout
04-21-2014, 12:44 AM
hmmm yes Andy, but my point is....most, if not all pic 6's are 'challenging' and nearly impossible for the average joe and therefore

DUH!

Hardly nonsense. If a P-6 sequence had 6 races where there were 5-6 legitimate contenders in each race it would certainly be a challenging P-6.

AndyC
04-21-2014, 11:13 AM
hmmm yes Andy, but my point is....most, if not all pic 6's are 'challenging' and nearly impossible for the average joe and therefore

DUH!

As a P-6 player for 30 years I find the comment perfectly fine. I didn't realize that all comments made on a racing channel should be geared to the so-called "average Joe". I wasn't aware that the average Joe actually tuned-in to the racing channels.

tanner12oz
04-21-2014, 12:27 PM
sequences where a lot of horses have question marks...doing something for the first time, lay off lines, firsters