PDA

View Full Version : On the morning of April 19, 1995

Grits
04-19-2014, 04:26 PM
19 years ago, as a nation, we came face to face with terrorism for the first time on a scale unlike anything we'd ever experienced. The advent of social media helps us to remember and mourn those lost on this day, as well as on 9-11.

I had all but forgotten the actual date of the OKC bombing. Though I do recall, vividly, the truck was parked directly by the building's daycare center located on its ground floor. Children. :( Its unbelievable that more lives were not lost that day.

On the morning of April 19, 1995, Timothy McVeigh parked a rental truck with explosives in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and at 9:02am, a massive explosion occurred which sheared the entire north side of the building, killing 168 people.

http://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/secondary.php?section=1

Finding the link on Facebook, viewing it for the first time, its a beautiful memorial.

"On this Easter weekend, may God Bless and keep those who were lost, and their loved ones who carry on without them".

fast4522
04-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Sometimes at a loss of what to say, but in this case I believe we are way too lenient with these degenerate low life's who do not value life in general. Life in prison is not harsh enough, and death should be more excruciating rather than humane.

Robert Goren
04-19-2014, 04:42 PM
The act of terrorism that everybody tries to forget. We don't want to admit that Americans (me including) could do this. I remember think at the time that Islamic terrorist must have done it although I thought it was strange they pick on Oklahoma City. This occurred not too long after the first attempt to bomb the World Trade Center by the blind sheik. 19 years, it doesn't seem that long ago.

JustRalph
04-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Police officer stops a car for a license plate violation and captures the bomber without even knowing it. Serendipity saves months of investigation

cj's dad
04-19-2014, 06:22 PM
If you ever have a chance to visit the memorial do so. I did and it was one of the most moving experiences of my life.