PDA

View Full Version : Hoppertunity vs Wicked Strong

Smarty Cide
04-19-2014, 01:40 PM
Who is the better derby prospect?

PoloUK6108
04-21-2014, 11:41 PM
Smarty Cide I think we like the same horses. You posted the thread about betting Chrome, so you definitely like him. Then, you've been posting all these polls comparing contenders to Hoppertunity. So you like him too. Am I right? Only reason I notice is because I love Hoppertunity and Chrome scares me.

Smarty Cide
04-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Smarty Cide I think we like the same horses. You posted the thread about betting Chrome, so you definitely like him. Then, you've been posting all these polls comparing contenders to Hoppertunity. So you like him too. Am I right? Only reason I notice is because I love Hoppertunity and Chrome scares me.

no not really, i got a few polls with hoppertunity because if you notice i kinda went tournament style. hoppertunity and wicked strong each won the previous 2 polls. thus this is like the 'finals'. obviously iv left chrome out cause he would win every poll.... but find it interesting to see who the majority think is his biggest threat

Matt Bryan
04-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Who is the better derby prospect?

I'd currently side with Hoppertunity, for various reasons. However, I do plan to take a hard look at Wicked Strong, although I suspect he'll be an underlay by post time.

There are a lot of obvious reasons to like CC, but also enough not to like for this particular race. I'll be surprised if he's not in the money, but as mentioned numerous times already - this is the KY. Derby.

lamboguy
04-28-2014, 05:38 PM
i have always said that horse racing is not about picking winners, its about evaluating risk. i will look at this matchup the day of the race and evaluate it at that time.

Leparoux
04-28-2014, 07:44 PM
i have always said that horse racing is not about picking winners, its about evaluating risk. i will look at this matchup the day of the race and evaluate it at that time.
Great way to look at it. All my instincts say try to beat Chrome but I've yet to land one one (or two) who I'm confident in doing so.

HUSKER55
04-28-2014, 10:19 PM
I keep getting the feeling that CC is vulnerable. It seems the other contenders have competition ranked higher. If the speed holds CC will be a tough nut.

There is a lot of consistent horses running.

Opinions???