PDA

View Full Version : Question

Thebigguy
04-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Keeneland 8-10 pick 3 today paid $2,510 for $2. My buddy has it for 50 cents, but its a ticket from the local OTB, so there is takeout. Is it a signer or not?
Appreciate the help.

Stillriledup
04-18-2014, 08:57 PM
If his ticket is worth 600 bucks on a 50 cent bet, its a signer but no takeout.

If you ever arent sure that you have a signer, slip it into one of the SAM machines and if its a signer, it will say "take this to window" if its not a signer, it will just cash the ticket.

Unfortunately, his ticket JUST is over the signer threshold by about 110 bucks.

Thebigguy
04-18-2014, 09:02 PM
If his ticket is worth 600 bucks on a 50 cent bet, its a signer but no takeout.

If you ever arent sure that you have a signer, slip it into one of the SAM machines and if its a signer, it will say "take this to window" if its not a signer, it will just cash the ticket.

Unfortunately, his ticket JUST is over the signer threshold by about 110 bucks.

The confusion is that he thinks when he puts the ticket into a self serve that w/ the takeout it will be like $570.

Stillriledup
04-18-2014, 09:05 PM
The confusion is that he thinks when he puts the ticket into a self serve that w/ the takeout it will be like $570.

The track takeout is already factored into the price that's paid. He won't be able to cash it on self service, i've accidentally put a "signer" in a SAM machine one time and it came up "take to window" nothing happens, it just spits the ticket back out.

Also, his ticket is not subject to any withholding, he will get 627 or something like that, but he has to go to a window and sign paperwork.

Thebigguy
04-18-2014, 09:06 PM
The track takeout is already factored into the price that's paid. He won't be able to cash it on self service, i've accidentally put a "signer" in a SAM machine one time and it came up "take to window" nothing happens, it just spits the ticket back out.

Also, his ticket is not subject to any withholding, he will get 627 or something like that, but he has to go to a window and sign paperwork.

Cool. Appreciate it.

Stillriledup
04-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Cool. Appreciate it.

No prob, any time.

Just a Fan
04-18-2014, 09:16 PM
I think there is a misunderstanding here... some OTB's (such as upstate New York OTB's) take a surcharge off of the track payoffs, so the OTB payoffs are lower... which in this case could be a break for the bettor. I think when the OP mentioned takeout he may have been referring to this surcharge.

If your OTB takes off 5% (like they did at Capital OTB's 20 years ago when I lived there) then the price drops under the $600 threshold.

where's your OTB?

Stillriledup
04-18-2014, 09:20 PM
I think there is a misunderstanding here... some OTB's (such as upstate New York OTB's) take a surcharge off of the track payoffs, so the OTB payoffs are lower... which in this case could be a break for the bettor. I think when the OP mentioned takeout he may have been referring to this surcharge.

If your OTB takes off 5% (like they did at Capital OTB's 20 years ago when I lived there) then the price drops under the $600 threshold.

where's your OTB?

Aah, thanks for clarifying, i don't know anything about OTB rules, good catch JAF.

Thebigguy
04-18-2014, 09:22 PM
It is capital, and thats what I meant. He thinks the ticket will be like $570. Theres another separate takeout, we were in an OTB not using accounts. Account he would have had track price.

Stillriledup
04-18-2014, 09:24 PM
It is capital, and thats what I meant. He thinks the ticket will be like $570. Theres another separate takeout, we were in an OTB not using accounts. Account he would have had track price.

Sorry Big Guy for the bad info.

I guess the question would be if they withhold money, does he still have to "sign"? The usual signer price is 600, so if he gets back under 600, he shouldnt have to sign.

Let us know how it turns out.

Thebigguy
04-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Sorry Big Guy for the bad info.

I guess the question would be if they withhold money, does he still have to "sign"? The usual signer price is 600, so if he gets back under 600, he shouldnt have to sign.

Let us know how it turns out.

I will, were going back tomorrow for at least the first 4 at Keeneland.

Thebigguy
04-18-2014, 10:34 PM
My buddy went to a O'Toole's that has the OTB machines. No signerr, returned 588$