PDA

View Full Version : Finger Lakes ?

edmond1
04-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Is it true that Finger Lakes is now a member of Churchill Downs Incorporated ??

lamboguy
04-18-2014, 07:25 PM
their signal is now distributed by Churchill Downs. their handle just took a nose dive, look for the same thing to happen to Canterburry when they open, they also have chosen that route.

lamboguy
04-18-2014, 07:27 PM
the signal fee went up once they took over the distribution. that is the greatest way to cut wagering on a product.

Maximillion
04-18-2014, 07:27 PM
their signal is now distributed by Churchill Downs. their handle just took a nose dive, look for the same thing to happen to Canterburry when they open, they also have chosen that route.

Everything they touch just turns into gold.

Al Gobbi
04-18-2014, 07:55 PM
no Finger Lakes on XB - dispute.

Tom
04-18-2014, 08:59 PM
ATTENTION: LIVE RACING HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR MONDAY, APRIL 21. LIVE RACING WILL RESUME ON TUESDAY, APRIL 22. - See more at: http://www.fingerlakesgaming.com/Racing-Schedules.aspx#sthash.cGEnFrnt.dpuf

Off to a great start - cancelled Day#3!~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

traynor
04-18-2014, 11:30 PM

I don't understand. Are you saying that CDI is (or will be) involved in the ownership/management of FL and Cby? Or that they are only involved in the signal transmission end? In short, will the CDI relationship to FL and Cby be similar to FG, EmD, and the other CDI tracks?

lamboguy
04-19-2014, 05:54 AM
they don't own those race tracks, they own the right to distribute the race tracks signal's. there are other tracks that they are distributing as well in Ohio. a track sells their signal for points off the takeout. triple crown and breeders cup races are as high as 11 points. on regular days the signal's sell between 3-5 points. some tracks don't charge anything, most tracks still distribute their own signals. last year Sufolk Downs rebate went down over 2%. that difference went to TVG as far as i know. because i am not as good a handicapper as most are here and the fact that i was having trouble with picking Sufolk with a normal rebate, i gave up betting on that track.
the same is going to hold true for Canterburry and Finger Lakes and the other tracks that will be changing. the signal fee that i lost on Sufolk i believe went to TVG in that case.

the added percentage is a big deal to larger players like myself. therefore it makes a big difference to the smaller player that has a smaller rebate or no rebate at all. they have lost the opportunity to get my money and other guys like myself in the pools that they bet. when fees go up it also effects business's that sell handicapping products. if i stop playing a track, its one less racing form or equibase program that i need to buy.

i bought the data on Hong Kong tracks, it cost me $4000 for the year and i don't plan on making a bet at those tracks until i go through a practice run handicapping those tracks. it will probably take me about 6 months to learn. its going to be less time consuming for me as well, its only 2 days a week. there are regular races there that have $20 million in the win pool, probably by the time i bet them they will have $25 million. i already made a deal to pay less takeout than any other north american track. i am going to give up betting tracks here all together. eventually other places will pick up the Hong Kong model, but with 14 horse fields for most races and big pools i really don't need other tracks. i also plan on taking a trip to observe the race tracks of Hong Kong in person to see what i can pick up on them first hand.

traynor
04-19-2014, 09:32 AM
they don't own those race tracks, they own the right to distribute the race tracks signal's. there are other tracks that they are distributing as well in Ohio. a track sells their signal for points off the takeout. triple crown and breeders cup races are as high as 11 points. on regular days the signal's sell between 3-5 points. some tracks don't charge anything, most tracks still distribute their own signals. last year Sufolk Downs rebate went down over 2%. that difference went to TVG as far as i know. because i am not as good a handicapper as most are here and the fact that i was having trouble with picking Sufolk with a normal rebate, i gave up betting on that track.
the same is going to hold true for Canterburry and Finger Lakes and the other tracks that will be changing. the signal fee that i lost on Sufolk i believe went to TVG in that case.

the added percentage is a big deal to larger players like myself. therefore it makes a big difference to the smaller player that has a smaller rebate or no rebate at all. they have lost the opportunity to get my money and other guys like myself in the pools that they bet. when fees go up it also effects business's that sell handicapping products. if i stop playing a track, its one less racing form or equibase program that i need to buy.

i bought the data on Hong Kong tracks, it cost me $4000 for the year and i don't plan on making a bet at those tracks until i go through a practice run handicapping those tracks. it will probably take me about 6 months to learn. its going to be less time consuming for me as well, its only 2 days a week. there are regular races there that have $20 million in the win pool, probably by the time i bet them they will have $25 million. i already made a deal to pay less takeout than any other north american track. i am going to give up betting tracks here all together. eventually other places will pick up the Hong Kong model, but with 14 horse fields for most races and big pools i really don't need other tracks. i also plan on taking a trip to observe the race tracks of Hong Kong in person to see what i can pick up on them first hand.

Thanks for the clarification. I think you will find (as others have) that getting involved with wagering on the Sha Tin/Happy Valley circuit is a game changer.

Tom
04-19-2014, 11:41 AM
If FL hooked up with CDI, it was huge mistake.

edmond1
04-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks for info...That explains why Betfair can no longer offer their markets. Finger Lakes now off my list. Too bad I enjoyed betting on their races on Mondays and Tuesdays........

lamboguy
04-19-2014, 02:51 PM
2013 opening day Finger Lakes handle==$860,000 2014==$609,000---down 31%.

therussmeister
04-19-2014, 04:54 PM
2013 opening day Finger Lakes handle==$860,000 2014==$609,000---down 31%.
They opened on a Saturday last year. I don't know how much difference that makes.

Tom
04-19-2014, 05:14 PM
The weather here was perfect.
Lots of local press about the opening, and it was a Holiday.

lamboguy
04-19-2014, 09:10 PM
same date last year $800,000, 2014 $400,000.

Cratos
04-20-2014, 01:44 AM
Finger Lakes is a very good minor track, but it is the "redhead stepchild" in New York state racing and I don't believe that will change anytime soon.

Tom
04-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Off to a great start - cancelled Day#3!~ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now cancelling Saturday, 4/26....second weekend of the year!
No racing Sundays.

Sounds like the end is near.
If you can't fill races now, forget it.

Tom
04-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Blamed on lack of fit horses due to long winter.

Maximillion
04-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Outhandled by Will Rogers on 4-22,and nearly doubled up on by Turf Paradise.

Bealuh was actually not far behind them.
Thanks again,CDI.

BettinBilly
04-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Finger Lakes was my first foray into Thoroughbred Racing. 1982? Guessing. Company trip. The V.P. wanted to spend an afternoon at the track.

Don't remember much, except I loved it.

Haven't been back in a very long time. May have to make the trip in the next few years. Hopefully they will still be racing.

thespaah
04-23-2014, 11:45 PM
It's been a long rough winter. Today's high in Farmington was 45*..15 below normal. I think there's plenty of horsemen who have just not thought of shipping in or bringing in their stables just yet.
They have to race. They will be there.

FantasticDan
04-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I don't see the point if criticizing or mocking FL for this, hard to argue that their explanation isn't reasonable. March was every bit a hard winter month this year, and I'm sure training schedules were delayed accordingly. Give the place a break.

mistergee
04-24-2014, 12:28 PM
personally I love to go to Finger Lakes during the summer however I have not determined that they run it like crap because no one is coming or no one is coming because they run it like crap. Looks like they are trying to run the operation on a shoestring

Tom
04-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Used to open the first of March and race in the snow.
An argument could also be made that during July and August they don't have many racing-fit horses on the grounds. :rolleyes:

FantasticDan
05-29-2014, 10:35 AM
BUMP

Racing cancelled today, it was announced yesterday. They did the same thing to their first THU card a couple weeks ago, I can only assume this is more of the same, since no explanation was offered..

From 5/13:

http://www.drf.com/news/finger-lakes-cancels-thursday-card

Tom
05-29-2014, 11:35 AM
I'll see what I can find out.
Good night to stop by the Racino for Vegas style buffet dinner! mmmm mmmm mmmm

FantasticDan
05-29-2014, 12:15 PM
I'll see what I can find out.I looked deeper into their twitter, and they offered up this reason to someone who asked:
@FlGaming: Unfortunately we're still seeing the effects of the harsh winter; too cold/snow limits practice, limiting entries

"Practice", huh? :rolleyes:

Tom
05-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Practicing what?
Fading in the stretch, missing the break, going wide?:D

davew
06-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Finger Lakes on XpressBet today

FantasticDan
07-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Thought maybe FL would cancel today, as the NWS has issues separate heat and hazardous weather advisories in expectations of the heat index going over 100 today. This is "dangerous" heat/humidity in other words.. I know I hate watching horses run in heat like this, and I refuse to bet on these sorts of days.

But it looks like FL is going ahead with the card. Not surprising, MON and TUE are their best handle days when NYRA is dark.

FantasticDan
07-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Wanted to give some credit to FL, they've been putting together cards with very good field sizes lately, and the handle has responded accordingly. Today they did over a million in handle, which is almost unheard of for them on a Friday, or any day when NYRA and other major tracks are running..

Hope they keep up the good work! :ThmbUp:

Tom
07-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Hope they keep it up.
I plan to go there Friday, for Saratoga opening day.
With all those cancelled days, I wanted to wait until i was sure they used up all the old hot dogs.

bello
07-13-2014, 11:48 PM
I just read the conditions for race 1 July 14. I had to do a double take.

This is a new one....I guess there are some trainers that have to pay their rent but I have never seen conditions for trainers and not horses.

Condition reads...."TRAINERS who have not won a race at time of entry and stabled currently on the grounds which have not won a race since April 18, 2014."

Total count for the race. The trainers are 0-93.

cmp92
07-14-2014, 01:10 AM
Hope they keep it up.
With all those cancelled days, I wanted to wait until i was sure they used up all the old hot dogs.
I haven't been there yet this year. I always tell myself I'll stop in for the NY Derby and then never go. I'll get there eventually this summer.

JustRalph
07-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Hope they keep it up.

That's a thinking man!

Remember never order fish on Saturday-Tues either..... :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
07-14-2014, 05:56 AM
I just read the conditions for race 1 July 14. I had to do a double take.

This is a new one....I guess there are some trainers that have to pay their rent but I have never seen conditions for trainers and not horses.

Condition reads...."TRAINERS who have not won a race at time of entry and stabled currently on the grounds which have not won a race since April 18, 2014."

I've been preaching this for a while here at PA, write this stuff into the conditions, i love it!

Tom
07-14-2014, 07:35 AM
We call that the feature race!

turfeyejoe
07-14-2014, 01:21 PM
The intent to get some purse money to a struggling trainer didn't work out. Clear-cut favorite won from Tim Snyder, who had started only 1 horse at the meet who finished second.

therussmeister
07-14-2014, 05:20 PM
The intent to get some purse money to a struggling trainer didn't work out. Clear-cut favorite won from Tim Snyder, who had started only 1 horse at the meet who finished second.
I've seen these types of conditions before at Finger Lakes, but usually they state the trainers have to have had a certain minimum number of starters. Works better that way.

thaskalos
07-14-2014, 05:25 PM

Could a race tailored for struggling jockeys be far behind?

FantasticDan
07-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Huge chalk-fest yesterday at FL.. they had one of their handicapping contests, and :7: (out of 397) entries had perfect scores, 8/8 races.

Normally for this contest, these folks would split an additional $10K prize for sweeping the card, but they suspended that in advance since there was only 8 races carded, instead of the usual 9. Good call.. :rolleyes: :D

FantasticDan
08-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Finger Lakes cancels their final two NY Bred stakes races of the season and diverts the monies into overnight purses:

http://www.drf.com/news/finger-lakes-cancels-two-statebred-stakes

FL has also transitioned into an 8 race card most days, instead of their usual 9.

Tom
08-14-2014, 01:05 PM
I noticed that the other day while I was feeding my database.
I thought I missed some races.

Stillriledup
08-14-2014, 04:36 PM
7's are wild today!

Stillriledup
08-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Make sure you time it so your feature race goes off exactly at the same time the first leg of the late pick 4 at the spa.

Great job guys!

Tom
08-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Saratoga should have realized it the was the FEATURE race. :rolleyes:

Billnewman
08-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Can't find the results of Mondays pick 5. Is there a carryover going into Tuesday.

FantasticDan
08-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Can't find the results of Mondays pick 5. Is there a carryover going into Tuesday.I believe so, think it's around $10K? I had the stream on in the background and think I heard Tony Calo say that..

FantasticDan
08-19-2014, 11:00 AM
I believe so, think it's around $10K? I had the stream on in the background and think I heard Tony Calo say that..Confirmed now on their twitter feed, carryover over $10K, starts with race one at 1:10.

Billnewman
08-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Thanks my friend! Wonder why they don't show the pay off in the chart maybe it's because it's a relatively new bet

bello
08-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Race 1 won by longest shot on board beating everyones 2-5 single. If the 2 loses race 2 get ready for a three day carryover. Put FL on the map

FantasticDan
08-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Race 1 won by longest shot on board beating everyones 2-5 single. If the 2 loses race 2 get ready for a three day carryover. Put FL on the mapLooks like every horse is covered in the last leg. 50 cent payoffs range from $1240 on the :3: to $4500 on the :8:

bello
08-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Looks like every horse is covered in the last leg. 50 cent payoffs range from $1240 on the :3: to $4500 on the :8:

I had 1/2/6/78/457......Missed leg 1 by a nose. Bittersweet hit as I continued the 2/6/78/457 in the P4

Billnewman
08-19-2014, 04:09 PM
Ouch..I was alive to lunch with Godzilla for $3600 for $.50

Stillriledup
09-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Anyone know why there is an entry in the 7th today when those 2 horses ran against each other last time uncoupled?

FantasticDan
09-26-2014, 04:41 PM
The :3: got up in time today in the 6th at 97-1! :eek:

Tom
09-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Stable needed travel money to get to the Breeders' Cup.

Exotic1
09-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Stable needed travel money to get to the Breeders' Cup.

That's funny. As an extra pony.

Stillriledup
09-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Interesting scenario in finale at FL.

Winner ran for purse money only, all your "Refunds" for pick 4s went on the post time fave who finished a lackluster 3rd.

Imagine if this winner was your single and they announce 5 MTP that you're getting another horse and then have to watch your pick win?

:D

Charli125
09-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Interesting scenario in finale at FL.

Winner ran for purse money only, all your "Refunds" for pick 4s went on the post time fave who finished a lackluster 3rd.

Imagine if this winner was your single and they announce 5 MTP that you're getting another horse and then have to watch your pick win?

:D

What caused that? I had the 6 in a contest, watched her win, then didn't get any money. Why, and more importantly when, was she switched to purse money only?

Charli125
09-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Here's the interesting equibase record for the horse.

Race: 9 Changes Time Posted
#6 The Lost Tigress Scratched - Reason Unavailable 4:46 PM ET
Will Run (Previously Reported as scratched) 4:50 PM ET
Scratched - Reason Unavailable 4:50 PM ET
Will Run (Previously Reported as scratched)

Stillriledup
09-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Here's the interesting equibase record for the horse.

Race: 9 Changes Time Posted
#6 The Lost Tigress Scratched - Reason Unavailable 4:46 PM ET
Will Run (Previously Reported as scratched) 4:50 PM ET
Scratched - Reason Unavailable 4:50 PM ET
Will Run (Previously Reported as scratched)

Tony Calo announced that she didnt have rear shoes... but i dont know what that has to do with her not running as a betting interest.

Charli125
09-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Pretty funny really, Out of 5 races I picked 4 winners and a 2nd. Didn't get credit for one of the winners, and couldn't bet it at all because CDI is negotiating their signal.