PDA

View Full Version : finger lakes question for "tom"

shanta
04-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Tom, i see that fridays card at the "finger" are all races at 4.5 furlongs. Is this usual for their opening?? I don't remember seeing this before but i also don't remember what i had for lunch the other day!! :) thanx Richie

cj
04-15-2004, 09:21 AM
I looked at last year's charts, and the first three days had every race carded at 4.5 furlongs. It was probably more days than that, but I got tired of looking after three :)

shanta
04-15-2004, 09:43 AM
thanx cj for checking it out. i like the "finger" but i ca't do these 4.5 fur.races cause my software can't do them. thanx again
Richie

Tom
04-15-2004, 05:56 PM
For as long as I can remeber, 4.5-5.0 fulrongs dominate the first few weeks of racing each year. It is the golden period in my book.
I do my best on these mini races of many unraced horses. It it the one time of year I pay real close attention to trainers. Many easy scores are there for the taking for the next couple of weeks.
Visual inspection of the horses is a key, too. Some are sooooo far out of shape, even I can spot it. But most people will be sitting fromt of VLTS, hoepfully.
I will be printing out a list of 4.5 furlong winners to refer to - many FL horse only win at 4.5, and many of them at huge odds year after year.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2004, 10:52 PM
From what I remember (I haven't placed a bet on FL in years), they run these short races in the beginning because a majority of the horses stabled at FL have been off since the end of the prior FL meeting in the fall. Right Tom?

Tom
04-16-2004, 08:31 PM
PA,
Correctamundo.
FL is still an old fashioned track in that way-they actually have a season!
Many, many horses lay up over the winter and it serves many of them well. A lot of horse with failry good looking form will ship in and get clobbered by fresh FL horses, many of whom really have a lot of back class and four bad legs. They run well early and eventually tail of and by now, all thier good races are out of the last 10 lines so they look bad. These shippers are often stale from too much running. Formulator lets me see the lifetime PPs so that is a great help. A tip for anyone playing - no matter how good a shipper looks, if it shows over 5 start in the last 100 days, I will prefer a FL lay off horse who either showed good races this time last year or frrom a trainer who points to this time period.
A lot of 8-5 whots will not hit board for the next couple of weeks.

Good luck, and may the "thumb" be with you

Figman
04-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Tom,
That 1st race at FL today was a doozie. All the horses that had previously run, 9 of them, were collectively beaten by 200 lengths in their last race. The favorite had two races this year and was drubbed in both races finishing far back. The winner the only first time starter in the race and it had three recent works over the track. The winning mutuel $24.00++. What a putover! Hope all those "off shore" people that take FL got their money in the pools. Not!

The Hawk
04-16-2004, 10:23 PM
The offshore books took a bath on this one. I heard there were several "max" bets made on that one, across the board and in the exacta...

Zaf
04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
I read on another board, thats accounts were opened just to bet on that race and there is an investigation in progress.

ZAFONIC

kenwoodallpromos
04-19-2004, 08:38 PM
During the investigation they should read the AM workouts, and the full charts. Valid reasons for the 2 early leaders to lose and the winner to win are there! There was no scam- the fav went off at 1.95-1 so no real favs. This was an "anybody race" with a negative rail bias and horses that could not run straight! The fav finished 4th I believe. The overall track is still pretty slow. Book joints are just welchers and sore losers! / A few well-placed $500.00 show bets with my consistency system and they would be screaming about massive negative pools!

Tom
04-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Keep your eye on this trainer. Not a lot of history, but he has already shown he knows how to train and spot his horses.
I predict he will be top 10 material at the thumb this year.
et the odds while you can.

Tom
04-19-2004, 09:29 PM
More about the off shore baths taken at FL...

http://therxforum.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc

http://therxforum.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=100090022&f=988094022&m=204106431

Holy Cow! AndI thought we had some salted nuts on this board! These guys are a gas!

Figman
04-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Tom, This trainer is a young woman!

Tom
04-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Figman
Tom, This trainer is a young woman!
Oops!
All the more reason to keep your eye on HER! :D