PDA

View Full Version : Harness Software

cosmo96
04-16-2014, 01:52 PM
I was mostly a thoroughbred player. I went into a serious slump, so I switched to the standard breds. I am doing very well, and I love to watch the trotters and pacers. The trouble is I am not familiar enough to do my own handicapping. I'm a computer guy, and I like the software. Could someone please recommend some good programs for harness handicapping. I have been making my selections with handicapping services. But, I am a hands on guy, and want to do it myself. Thank you.

Ray2000
04-16-2014, 02:22 PM
TrackMaster has a decent one of their own.

http://www.trackmaster.com/harness/hpr.htm

and their data is used in these three 3rd party programs
Pandy's Diamond Sytem is listed there but I think he has a new one coming out.

http://www.trackmaster.com/retail/3rdparty.htm#harness

If you'd like a early spreadsheet version of my "SulyPicker" it is described in this thread. Reply #10

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55607&page=1&pp=10

but those links are dead, it's now located here.

http://ge.tt/5FkJ76b1/v/0?c

Good Luck

LottaKash
04-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Pandy's Diamond Sytem is listed there but I think he has a new one coming out.

http://www.trackmaster.com/retail/3rdparty.htm#harness

I had purchased Pandy's Diamond System a good while ago, and, I really liked it, but it was way too clunky trying to go back and forth from one race to another, as well as going back and forth from one track to another....If it wasn't for that I would still be using it to one degree or another....

If and when Pandy gets around to releasing a new and up to date program that is more in tune with the Current Windows UI, I do believe that I would be one of the first in line to make the upgrade...

There are some very powerful features and insights built into the Diamond System, I just wish it was less tedious and more user friendly to work with, especially the organization of saving files for easy viewing and manipulation...And adding perhaps, a way to incorporate my own "Pace Pattern Numbers" into the mix, as well (wishful thinking, I know)

C'mon Bob P. , get going !.....:jump:

mrroyboy
04-16-2014, 04:47 PM
I would get it too. It does need to be upgraded to windows 7 etc.

Postime
04-16-2014, 07:11 PM
I had purchased Pandy's Diamond System a good while ago, and, I really liked it, but it was way too clunky trying to go back and forth from one race to another, as well as going back and forth from one track to another....If it wasn't for that I would still be using it to one degree or another....

If and when Pandy gets around to releasing a new and up to date program that is more in tune with the Current Windows UI, I do believe that I would be one of the first in line to make the upgrade...

There are some very powerful features and insights built into the Diamond System, I just wish it was less tedious and more user friendly to work with, especially the organization of saving files for easy viewing and manipulation...And adding perhaps, a way to incorporate my own "Pace Pattern Numbers" into the mix, as well (wishful thinking, I know)

C'mon Bob P. , get going !.....:jump:

I bought it and I totally agree with (but it was way too clunky trying to go back and forth from one race to another, as well as going back and forth from one track to another....If it wasn't for that I would still be using it to one degree or another....) You have to print the screens to get each page of data, it's not a windows program more like an old Dos.

LottaKash
04-16-2014, 07:30 PM
I
it's not a windows program more like an old Dos.

Yes Postime, that is it, it is based on an old DOS DB program FoxbasePro....Too bad about that.....

I was so glad to kiss the "DOS Days" goodbye....What a drudge...C:\... haha..

Postime
04-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Ray's excell spreadsheet is as good as it gets, you have to get your factors weighted correctly and it will give you winners and Tri's. I also have Joe Zambuto's it's not bad, not windows based not easy to use. Trackmaster programs are Windows based and easy to use. When you are using average's
always remember it's half right and half wrong.

pandy
04-17-2014, 10:37 PM
I bought it and I totally agree with (but it was way too clunky trying to go back and forth from one race to another, as well as going back and forth from one track to another....If it wasn't for that I would still be using it to one degree or another....) You have to print the screens to get each page of data, it's not a windows program more like an old Dos.

I can download the file from trackmaster and run the Diamond System is about 30 seconds, total time including the download. You can view or print the screens. It's so easy to use, a child could do it. It's not a dos program, it runs on windows. You don't have to print the screens, you can view them. But, you can't please everyone.

mrroyboy
04-18-2014, 01:27 PM
No Pandy
It's a good program but it should be upgraded. I understand you are working on a new one. Hope that is true.

pandy
04-18-2014, 01:51 PM
No Pandy
It's a good program but it should be upgraded. I understand you are working on a new one. Hope that is true.

I'm working on a new book, not a new computer system. I am working on an upgrade for the Harness Diamond System, but that's just for track to track adjustments (shippers). We have added features to it from time to time, so there are several different types of ratings that it produces.