PDA

View Full Version : Past charts

ryoung0588
04-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Anyone know of a site that I can download past charts for a track "in bulk"? I'm trying to put together figures for my local track (I'm just getting into handicapping). I know DRF has the past chart for each race but that requires downloading each race individually.

Like I said, I'm new to this and am interested in setting up my own pace figures and would appreciate a point in the right direction if possible. I've read about the new software available and all but to get a deeper understand, since I'm just starting out, I want to work the numbers by hand first. Any suggestions (sites for charts/figures, general knowledge) is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger

PhantomOnTour
04-14-2014, 02:10 PM
If you are a BRIS member they have free chart archives for all North American tracks going back at least 10yrs.
You cannot get them in bulk, but they are there.
BRIS may have bulk archived chart files you can purchase, but not sure about that.

Robert Goren
04-14-2014, 03:55 PM
The historical charts are PDFs and are locked. There maybe a PDF converter out there that can unlock them. There are several that say they can unlock PDFs. They aren't cheap though. Your standard $100 PDF converter is worthless on these files. I know you can get back chart files quite a ways back from BRIS. Exact how far back I don't know. You can call them and they will tell you and a price. My experience with BRIS is that they will sell you almost anything, but expect to pay.

FrankieFigs
04-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Go to Brisnet's Chart Archives. They are free back to 1991.

Robert Goren
04-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Go to Brisnet's Chart Archives. They are free back to 1991.My point was that you can't do much with them. If you need to do see them, they are fine.

FrankieFigs
04-14-2014, 07:58 PM
My point was that you can't do much with them. If you need to do see them, they are fine.

Gotcha. Missed the "using with software" part.

They were invaluable to me 6 years ago when I fooled around with figures. Put each race in a spreadsheet and went from there. It was time consuming but I had a ball fooling with it.

Ted Craven
04-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Anyone know of a site that I can download past charts for a track "in bulk"? I'm trying to put together figures for my local track (I'm just getting into handicapping). I know DRF has the past chart for each race but that requires downloading each race individually.

Like I said, I'm new to this and am interested in setting up my own pace figures and would appreciate a point in the right direction if possible. I've read about the new software available and all but to get a deeper understand, since I'm just starting out, I want to work the numbers by hand first. Any suggestions (sites for charts/figures, general knowledge) is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger

TrackMaster (http://www.trackmaster.com)will sell you historical Result Charts in CSV or XML format for $1.50 each, cheaper I think as you bulk up. They'll send them how you need them: FTP download, DVD, thumbdrive ...

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Ted

BIG49010
04-14-2014, 10:17 PM
TrackMaster (http://www.trackmaster.com)will sell you historical Result Charts in CSV or XML format for $1.50 each, cheaper I think as you bulk up. They'll send them how you need them: FTP download, DVD, thumbdrive ...

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Ted

Bris is 50 cents per day, for each track. Every once in a while they have a 1/2 price sale, but it never seems to be when you need them.

ryoung0588
04-16-2014, 03:08 PM
I spoke with Bris, they said they'd put together a zip with all of the result charts from last year until present for $50.

Pigpen
04-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Go to Brisnet's Chart Archives. They are free back to 1991.

Never mind, I found the free ones.:bang:

Robert Goren
04-16-2014, 07:39 PM
I spoke with Bris, they said they'd put together a zip with all of the result charts from last year until present for $50.That is a pretty good deal if you can load them into excel.

dannyhill
04-16-2014, 08:09 PM
I spoke with Bris, they said they'd put together a zip with all of the result charts from last year until present for $50.
Guess they figure after raising takeout at Churchill, they could spare a penny.:)
That is a good deal though.