PDA

View Full Version : Fargo

Valuist
04-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Apparently its going to be a new show, starting tomorrow night on FX. From what I understand, kind of loosely based on the movie. The Coen brothers will be exective producers. If you are a fan of the movie, it might be worth checking out.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/fargo

Tom
04-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Great movie!

Zydeco
04-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Great movie! Plan on checking it out.

FantasticDan
04-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Great movie! Plan on checking it out.Oh yahh, you betcha! :ThmbUp:

Rookies
04-14-2014, 09:40 PM
LOVED the Movie! :ThmbUp:

Quirky, creepy, frozen, white people speaking in foreign tongues! What's not to love?

When I saw 'Nebraska' in early winter, I was immediately reminded of Fargo. ;)

Looking forward to it...

ldiatone
04-15-2014, 04:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Je2WxsqWA

Zydeco
04-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Pretty good review.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/fargo-once-more-across-the-frozen-plains-of-the-soul/2014/04/14/9ea356b8-c1cb-11e3-b574-f8748871856a_story.html

ArlJim78
04-15-2014, 06:11 PM
well this is good news for an otherwise sour tax day. I had not heard a peep about this series. you're darn tootin, I'll be there with bells on.

elysiantraveller
04-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Dvr recording it as I type this.

FantasticDan
04-16-2014, 12:36 AM
That was some wild premiere.. I'm hooked! :ThmbUp:

davew
04-16-2014, 02:03 AM
I was flipping stations and saw some guy bashing head of lady in with hammer - while I was eating ice cream - almost puked and probably done watching series.

Valuist
04-16-2014, 08:06 AM
Is it me, or does the Lundergaard type guy, Lester Nygaard, seem like a hybrid of Lundergaard and Jon White from HRTV?

Liked what I saw in episode 1. For Pete's sake.

ArlJim78
04-16-2014, 08:17 AM
pretty violent and dark, but overall pretty good.
the Billy Bob Thornton character reminded me of the Javier Bardem character in No Country For Old Men. Evil, soulless, using trivial wordplay.

magwell
04-16-2014, 08:38 AM
I miss "Justify" already.........

FantasticDan
04-16-2014, 10:23 AM
I miss "Justify" already.........How can you justify missing Justified if you can't even get the name right? :p ;)

magwell
04-16-2014, 11:23 AM
How can you justify missing Justified if you can't even get the name right? :p ;) Dan that's easy for me...... :D

Valuist
04-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Pretty good review of the show:

http://time.com/55550/fargo-fx-review/

I somehow missed Odenkirk. Saw Glenn Howerton (aka Dennis Reynolds from Always Sunny) make an appearance.

Actor
04-16-2014, 09:34 PM
I thought Billy Bob Thornton's last scene was pretty cool. I predict that, any day now, some citizen in the real world is going to try that line on a real cop and the cop is either going to arrest him or shoot him.

JustRalph
04-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Coen brothers. Love everything they do.

I do think it's a step down for Billy Bob though.

He has a long history and I think he's run out of people who will work with him. But he fits with this crew

Lester is a hoot

IrishRail76
04-17-2014, 10:04 PM
I am also a big fan of "Justified." Hope it's not gone too long. I like the story line and the writing.

"Fargo," to me, is a project, approved by the Coen brothers, that deserves the praise that it has been given.

Billy Bob Thornton had said that he wanted to do a TV show, but if it was successful, he didn't want to get stuck in TV for 6 or 7 years.

So, when he was told that the Coen brothers approved it, and that it would be a 10-episode project, he was in. Also, it was pitched as "like making a long independent film," which is a neat idea, as you can get the cast that you want because there is no "long term obligation."

(Remember the show "Lost"? Some movie actors who were offered parts refused them because they would have to move to Hawaii for an unspecified length of time.)

Actor
05-04-2014, 06:40 AM
At the beginning it has the "based on a true story" title, which is false. The whole thing is fiction. I'm surprised they could get away with that.

I've heard a story of some woman who saw the movie, went to Minnesota to look for the loot and froze to death. I don't know if that is true.

Valuist
05-04-2014, 10:08 AM
At the beginning it has the "based on a true story" title, which is false. The whole thing is fiction. I'm surprised they could get away with that.

I've heard a story of some woman who saw the movie, went to Minnesota to look for the loot and froze to death. I don't know if that is true.

I used to think it was true as well but it isn't, although the link below says the movie may have been loosely tied to a murder in Connecticut in the 80s:

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/fargo.asp

Actor
05-04-2014, 04:43 PM
I used to think it was true as well but it isn't, although the link below says the movie may have been loosely tied to a murder in Connecticut in the 80s:

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/fargo.asp

Apparently the story of a Japanese woman freezing to death while looking for the fictitious stash is true. I binged "did woman die looking for fargo money" and found this link and and others.

http://business.highbeam.com/410578/article-1G1-83313093/japanese-woman-dies-hunting-fargo-treasure-us

Valuist
05-07-2014, 12:20 AM
In the show this week they had a flashback to 1987 and one of the characters discovers a briefcase filled with money buried in the snow. The same briefcase that Buscemi buried in the movie.

Actor
05-07-2014, 02:09 AM
In the show this week they had a flashback to 1987 and one of the characters discovers a briefcase filled with money buried in the snow. The same briefcase that Buscemi buried in the movie.Yeah. I new instantly he was going to find the money when I saw the ice scraper.

Which means that the show is not a rehash of the original movie but a sequel. :cool:

I'm having trouble keeping track of all the subplots. :bang:

IrishRail76
05-07-2014, 02:56 AM
In the show this week they had a flashback to 1987 and one of the characters discovers a briefcase filled with money buried in the snow. The same briefcase that Buscemi buried in the movie.

You're spot on. That guy who discovers the briefcase of cash is a younger
Stavros Milos, then broke and running away from bill collectors. Finding the cash at this time, his prayers have been answered, Stavros, we assume, uses the money to invest in grocery stores, and is now known as the "Supermarket King" of Minnesota.

Being blackmailed by Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton), Milos, who refuses to pay the ransom is then slowly broken down: drugs to poison him, his home is invaded, his dog is killed, a large amount of blood is added to his water line while he is taking a shower, his supermarket is flooded with crickets, plus there is surely more to come.

To me, FX and the Coen have hit a home run with this mini-series.

JustRalph
05-07-2014, 03:20 AM
Moves a little slow, but it's ok

The cops can't really be that dumb can they?

Adam Goldberg is phoning it in. Somebody told him he's a good actor and now he believes it

FantasticDan
05-07-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm not liking it as much as I originally did, but I'm still watching. :cool:

Valuist
05-21-2014, 11:02 AM
I see a few parallels between Fargo and Breaking Bad. Lester has clearly broken bad.

FantasticDan
05-21-2014, 11:33 AM
That was quite the eventful episode! :eek: :ThmbUp:

Watching Lester escape the hospital, I thought, "Wow, this is pretty out there", I never even considered he'd go back! :lol:

Valuist
05-21-2014, 11:38 AM
That was quite the eventful episode! :eek: :ThmbUp:

Lester escaping the hospital was far-fetched enough, I never even considered he's successfully go back! :D

And the fact his nephew saw him, nothing was said and Lester left. How long will it take to suspect Lester when the kid tries to go to school but sets off the metal detectors?

ArlJim78
05-21-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm liking it more and more, it certainly is not your run of the mill tv drama fare. when this first season is over I'm looking forward to binge rewatching the whole thing for a fresh perspective.

FantasticDan
05-21-2014, 12:27 PM
And the fact his nephew saw him, nothing was said and Lester left. How long will it take to suspect Lester when the kid tries to go to school but sets off the metal detectors?Wasn't Lester staying with his brother for awhile? The kid probably thought nothing of seeing him.. that's certainly the reaction he had.

Actor
05-21-2014, 12:36 PM
If the writers have done it right Malvo will survive the series (10 episodes). :ThmbUp: If not then he will be killed by Lester. :ThmbUp:

Of course the writers have probably screwed it up. :bang:

Valuist
05-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Wasn't Lester staying with his brother for awhile? The kid probably thought nothing of seeing him.. that's certainly the reaction he had.

At some point he was. Actually not really sure where Lester was staying going into last night's episode. We saw him in the hospital and the week before he was in a jail cell and in the trunk of a car.

JustRalph
05-28-2014, 01:56 AM
Lester gets to punch Kate Walsh's ticket in a somewhat graphic scene. Didn't see that coming.

Valuist
05-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Lester gets to punch Kate Walsh's ticket in a somewhat graphic scene. Didn't see that coming.

You aren't the only one that didn't see it coming. Kate didn't either. :D

FantasticDan
05-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Take that, Sam Hess!! :mad: :eek: :cool:

That was one wacky ep. Thinking mostly of Malvo's building rampage in front of the oblivious Key and Peele.. :p

JustRalph
05-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Take that, Sam Hess!! :mad: :eek: :cool:

That was one wacky ep. Thinking mostly of Malvo's building rampage in front of the oblivious Key and Peele.. :p

That was one brilliant way to shoot it though. They didn't have to take 10 days setting it up etc. I bet it was done in a day. I thought that very cool. Leaving it to our imagination.

Valuist
06-04-2014, 12:28 PM
How about Lester snagging that Asian girl? Didn't take him long to get re-married.

FantasticDan
06-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Last nite's ep was kind of a snoozer, even with the flash-forward..

Actor
06-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Last nite's ep was kind of a snoozer, even with the flash-forward..
Agreed. We seem to see less and less of Malvo with each episode, and he's the driving force behind the story.

Malvo grayed quite a lot in a year. Could he be made up? If so, which is the make-up, the gray or the jet black of previous episodes?

When the cops had Malvo they bought into his story of being a preacher from up north. Could that be true? Could his front be that he's a real preacher?

Could Boxcar be Malvo?

FantasticDan
06-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Man, Lester, that was COLD :( :ThmbDown:

MutuelClerk
06-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Love this show. looking forward to a Lester-Billy Bob showdown. I'm hoping they bring Fargo back next season.

BettinBilly
06-11-2014, 02:29 PM
After reading this thread, and liking the original movie, I'll have to give the series a look. I think I can order it on demand, so I can see the first episode and decide to continue or not from there.

I remember in about 1997 or 98 going to Minneapolis on business and the hotel shuttle driver (younger woman) sounded just like Jerry Lundegard's wife in the movie. So I said to her, "Wow, you really do talk like the people in the movie "Fargo" up here."
And she replied, "OHHH, GEEEEZZEE NOOOOOHHH!" :)

Cracked me up.

Valuist
06-12-2014, 07:44 AM
After reading this thread, and liking the original movie, I'll have to give the series a look. I think I can order it on demand, so I can see the first episode and decide to continue or not from there.

I remember in about 1997 or 98 going to Minneapolis on business and the hotel shuttle driver (younger woman) sounded just like Jerry Lundegard's wife in the movie. So I said to her, "Wow, you really do talk like the people in the movie "Fargo" up here."
And she replied, "OHHH, GEEEEZZEE NOOOOOHHH!" :)

Cracked me up.

For Pete's sake, you betcha she did.

So who will die first, Malvo or Lester? My money is on Malvo. And Lester will be pulled out of a window, underwear first, out of a cheap motel in Sioux Falls.

elysiantraveller
06-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Watched it last night because of the basketball game. That move by Lester was amazing. The diner scene was pretty intense as well. Best show on major programming right now.

senortout
06-12-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm liking it more and more, it certainly is not your run of the mill tv drama fare. when this first season is over I'm looking forward to binge rewatching the whole thing for a fresh perspective.

In 2012, it was announced that FX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX_%28TV_channel%29), with the Coen brothers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coen_brothers) as executive producers, was developing a new television series based on the Academy Award (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Awards)-winning film Fargo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_%28film%29) (1996).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-2) It was later announced that adaptation would be a 10-episode limited series

last episode will be June 17......

FantasticDan
06-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Altho FX hasn't officially announced it, the show's creator has a 2-year deal and has recently talked publicly about season 2 consisting of a new story and characters..

Accordingly, he described next week's finale as, "bloody". :blush:

JustRalph
06-12-2014, 02:14 PM
I found myself fast forwarding. Lost the element of surprise for me.

I predict Lester gets the best of Malvo in some freak way. Or Molly shoots him while he's having a gunfight with Lester.

Btw, casting the FBI agents was stupid. I get that they are trying to be funny, but those two guys? Just like the chief of police in Bimidji. I get they want to make the cops look stupid. I've been around some really stupid cops, they are pushing the envelope in this series.

Maybe not.......

Actor
06-12-2014, 06:21 PM
In one of the "scenes to come" at the end of one episode, didn't we see Lester firing one of his brother's big guns? I don't think we've seen that yet.

Dark Horse
06-12-2014, 06:23 PM
The twists are fun, the acting is good, but the writing suffers from its own Fargo universe, with zero accountability for gaping holes in the story.

Valuist
06-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Altho FX hasn't officially announced it, the show's creator has a 2-year deal and has recently talked publicly about season 2 consisting of a new story and characters..

Accordingly, he described next week's finale as, "bloody". :blush:

I would say there was plenty of blood in this week's penultimate episode.

FantasticDan
06-12-2014, 10:58 PM
I missed the first 20 minutes of the last ep, so I just watched it on-demand..

So Malvo is obviously an assassin of many skills, including professional dentistry? I suppose it's a requisite for all sadistic killers.. :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what Lester's motivation was for insisting that Malvo acknowledge him in Vegas? The whole, "you really want do this?", thing?

I know it's the "new Lester", but what was the point of forcing the issue with Malvo? Lester knows what Malvo is capable of, knows he can bring down in his new fairy tale life in an instant, so why push?

Other than him being an arrogant prick, that is...

senortout
06-13-2014, 12:50 AM
ohh geees so out of character!....why WOULD Lester approach Malvo in such a manner?

But the best.....sending a woman (his wife yet) to get the money at the insurance office.....so creepy. Is Lester worse than Malvo?

So Malvo is obviously an assassin of many skills, including professional dentistry? I suppose it's a requisite for all sadistic killers.. :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what Lester's motivation was for insisting that Malvo acknowledge him in Vegas? The whole, "you really want do this?", thing?

I know it's the "new Lester", but what was the point of forcing the issue with Malvo? Lester knows what Malvo is capable of, knows he can bring down in his new fairy tale life in an instant, so why push?

Valuist
06-13-2014, 01:23 PM

The new Lester is loaded with confidence, and I think he had a resentment that in the past, guys like Malvo and Hess would walk all over him. But it does appear his confidence has rolled into arrogance.

FantasticDan
06-13-2014, 02:00 PM
For me it just smacks of an illogical plot contrivance. We need Lester and Malvo to have a final face-off and wrap up the story, so we have them bump into each other in Vegas and Lester inexplicably gets all up in his face, blowing Malvo's year-long undercover of being a dentist so he can collect a $100K bounty.

Makes perfect sense :D :p

ArlJim78
06-13-2014, 03:51 PM
The odds of those two bumping into each other in the Vegas lounge.:rolleyes:

Maximillion
06-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Gets points from me for avoiding a cliched shoot-em-up finish.Enjoyed the last episode.
Imo the show was at its best when focusing on the main characters....one of the strengths of the Coen bros movies (producers?) is that less often = more.

DRIVEWAY
06-18-2014, 10:47 AM
In the final analysis, the mailman stamps out crime.

Actor
06-18-2014, 06:02 PM
The odds of those two bumping into each other in the Vegas lounge.:rolleyes:I was required to read Aristotle's Poetics in college. According to Mr. A improbable coincidences are permissible in fiction as long as it moves the story along. :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
06-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Gets points from me for avoiding a cliched shoot-em-up finish.Enjoyed the last episode.
Imo the show was at its best when focusing on the main characters....one of the strengths of the Coen bros movies (producers?) is that less often = more.
I give the series high marks too on the whole.
The other cliche they skipped was the situation at the end when Gus walks around in front of Malvo, gun aimed directly at him. Most shows will have the Gus character start talking on and on, then getting nervous, then falling for some distraction from the person in Malvo's postion, and end up getting the worst of things while the other one manages to escape.

Instead Gus walked around in front and within no more than 5-10 seconds fires three rounds into his chest, then for good measure one to the temple. no miraculous escape for Malvo this time. no long speech from Gus, just aha, I've got you, blam, blam, blam!

magwell
06-18-2014, 06:27 PM
I expected a better ending........:ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Maximillion
06-18-2014, 08:30 PM
I give the series high marks too on the whole.
The other cliche they skipped was the situation at the end when Gus walks around in front of Malvo, gun aimed directly at him. Most shows will have the Gus character start talking on and on, then getting nervous, then falling for some distraction from the person in Malvo's postion, and end up getting the worst of things while the other one manages to escape.

Instead Gus walked around in front and within no more than 5-10 seconds fires three rounds into his chest, then for good measure one to the temple. no miraculous escape for Malvo this time. no long speech from Gus, just aha, I've got you, blam, blam, blam!

Exactly.
The guy is overmatched,in over his head,nervous as hell and solely focused on protecting his wife,daughter and unborn child.....to over- dramatize it with a Dirty-Harry type speech would have killed the scene.

Dave Schwartz
06-18-2014, 10:27 PM
This show has been cancelled, right?

JustRalph
06-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Rumors it will come back in a year with all new characters

It was so so of an ending. I was hoping Molly would get to shoot him.

FantasticDan
06-18-2014, 10:41 PM
This show has been cancelled, right?FX has not yet green-lit a second season, but there's an excellent chance they will soon.

magwell
06-18-2014, 10:44 PM
FX has not yet green-lit a second season, but there's an excellent chance they will soon.I miss justified ......;)

ronsmac
06-18-2014, 11:00 PM

Other than him being an arrogant prick, that is...Good points.

FantasticDan
06-18-2014, 11:09 PM
It was so so of an ending. I was hoping Molly would get to shoot him.Agreed, the bear trap was great, but then I found Malvo's end to be sort of anti-climactic. And for Molly to be on the sidelines for it all was indeed surprising.

But at least Gus finally found his bravery by emptying his gun into a gravely wounded guy sitting on a couch :p

JustRalph
07-21-2014, 03:24 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/561507/fargo-renewed-for-season-2-by-fx-but-is-the-cast-returning

Renewed

New cast

JustRalph
07-25-2014, 11:28 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/24/minnesota-man-guns-down-teen-girl-after-she-asks-him-to-stop-riding-lawnmower-in-her-yard/

Bemidji keeping the story alive.............?

Lots of people seem to get shot there......... :lol:

JustRalph
12-11-2014, 11:46 PM
This show has been cancelled, right?

Coming back, new cast. Story to revolve around Molly's Dad as a younger man

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/12/kirsten-dunst-jesse-plemons-fargo-season-2

Kirsten Dunst

FantasticDan
10-25-2015, 12:22 PM
BUMP

A couple episodes into season 2 already. As expected, it's very watchable stuff. Altho I'm finding the Dunst character (and her stupid decisions) pretty annoying.. :p

Trailer for this season:

HSX5kMM8rpE

Valuist
10-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Its been a little slow, but season 1 started a little slow and got better further into the season.

ManU918
11-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Its been a little slow, but season 1 started a little slow and got better further into the season.

Have you continued to watch this season? I just started watching yesterday and I'm three episodes in. I'm enjoying it so far... Just hoping it gets a little bit better. Will probably be totally caught up by tomorrow.

MutuelClerk
11-19-2015, 06:47 PM
It does get better Man U. Are we to ASSume that the little girl Molly is the lady cop from the first season?

Valuist
12-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Have you continued to watch this season? I just started watching yesterday and I'm three episodes in. I'm enjoying it so far... Just hoping it gets a little bit better. Will probably be totally caught up by tomorrow.

Yes, I've watched this season. Last year was better, although this season has gotten better recently.

Mutuel Clerk-

I thought the name sounded familiar, but I think you are exactly right. The little girl Molly in this season, would become the cop for what we saw in last season.

Haven't heard the name of the Indian. I wonder if that was Shep Proudfoot?

There was a number of scenes in last week's episode which were straight out of the movie.

ManU918
12-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Yes, I've watched this season. Last year was better, although this season has gotten better recently.

Mutuel Clerk-

I thought the name sounded familiar, but I think you are exactly right. The little girl Molly in this season, would become the cop for what we saw in last season.

Haven't heard the name of the Indian. I wonder if that was Shep Proudfoot?

There was a number of scenes in last week's episode which were straight out of the movie.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I think this season is a lot better than last season... Everything from the story line to the acting... Bokeem Woodbine is terrific.

MutuelClerk
12-06-2015, 06:47 PM
It's like chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream when debating the two seasons of Fargo. Win-win. I'll take season one by a neck in a great stretch battle. However season two isn't over. Looking forward to Monday as it winds down. SPOILER ALERT........What made the Indian do what he did in the last episode???

MutuelClerk
12-06-2015, 06:49 PM
I've seen tributes or homage paid to Miller's Crossing and Big Lewbowski this season.

ManU918
12-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Excited for tonight's episode.

ManU918
12-08-2015, 08:48 PM
It's like chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream when debating the two seasons of Fargo. Win-win. I'll take season one by a neck in a great stretch battle. However season two isn't over. Looking forward to Monday as it winds down. SPOILER ALERT........What made the Indian do what he did in the last episode???

Last nights episode should've at least forced an inquiry.

MutuelClerk
12-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Really liked it. Only one episode left, right?

Valuist
12-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Really liked it. Only one episode left, right?

Yes. Will they try to come back for a third season?

MutuelClerk
12-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Why wouldn't they? Two outstanding seasons. The flying saucer was pretty bizarre. Takes you back to the room at Ted Danson's house. Will we find out what that was all about?

schweitz
12-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Already approved---third season story will take place in 2009.

Tor Ekman
12-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Very disappointing finale, IMO

MutuelClerk
12-16-2015, 01:46 AM
Agreed. Season 1 wins. I didn't like how the black dude ended up in a small office. You never found out what happened to the youngest Gerhardt who was in jail. Not much was made of the UFO hovering over the shootout. Peggy and Ed wasn't really much of an ending.

Still a very good season. I just really liked Season 1. What I loved most about Season 2 was the soundtrack. The songs were great with the scenes. Looking forward to next season. The first two years of this series have been really good.

_______
12-18-2015, 01:29 AM
"It's just a flying saucer, hon."

ArlJim78
12-18-2015, 02:00 AM
What I like about Fargo

the look, the sound, the style, the creativity, the rhyming with prior Fargo's and other Coen brother movies.

What I don't care for;
Since they tell the whole story in 8-9 episodes it moves too fast, you just get introduced to the Gerhardt's and the Kansas City people and then they starting dying off in shootouts right away. I would have liked to have seen more of both groups in action, flesh out the characters more. they had some real good characters but not so much time to develop them out. seems like they could play it out over a couple seasons.

all in all a really good show, I thought both seasons were top notch.

Rookies
12-18-2015, 01:06 PM
"You'll know the angels when they come, because they'll have the faces of your children."

Nice. Really, really nice. :ThmbUp:

I like the whacky offbeat characters, in their whacy, offbeat settings, in the depths of Minnesnowta. :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
04-18-2017, 11:11 AM
BUMP

The latest Fargo story starts tomorrow nite (4/19), 10pm on FX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7NB0YQBQWI

MutuelClerk
04-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Sweet. Saul is putting me to sleep.

Valuist
04-21-2017, 05:00 PM
The opening scene was set in East Berlin in 1988. I still don't know what that was all about. Maybe it comes to light next week.

_______
04-21-2017, 06:41 PM
The opening scene was set in East Berlin in 1988. I still don't know what that was all about. Maybe it comes to light next week.

I'd be shocked if they tie that in so soon. I think it's meant to marinate in the back of your mind a little longer.

Maybe the gangsters who "invested" in the successful brother's business?

Nah. Too obvious.

if you remember the bright lights from Season 2- episode 1, that didn't come back until the bloodbath at the motel.

It'll be something weird and wonderful.

Valuist
04-25-2017, 01:08 PM
Anyone else notice the last name they used for one of the characters (Armentrout)? Seems to have been "borrowed" from Better Call Saul.

FantasticDan
04-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Anyone else notice the last name they used for one of the characters (Armentrout)? Seems to have been "borrowed" from Better Call Saul.I noticed, but I did some checking and the name used on Fargo was apparently "Ermentraub", and not Saul's "Ehrmantraut".. :cool:

JustRalph
04-25-2017, 06:05 PM
Snoozer so far

MutuelClerk
04-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Snoozer so far

Completely disagree. But that's par for us Ralph..lol. I think it sets up to be a very good season. As usual time will tell. Time is undefeated.

Valuist
05-02-2017, 05:34 PM
I think its been solid. Haven't seen episode 3 of Saul from last night, but I've heard it was good.