PDA

View Full Version : BetMix-Reviews?

Flysofree
04-13-2014, 10:05 PM
I was hoping someone here would write up their likes or dislikes of this program?

Moto Pete
04-15-2014, 05:41 PM
I've been messing around with the free race of the day the past week. By pure luck it gave me 2 long shot winners the first 2 races I used it. I have trouble figuring out how to weigh the factors. Should I give Last Best Turn Time 40. 50 or 60? I know I can guarantee getting the chalk if I use certain criteria a certain way. The secret is finding the ones that are under the radar that pertain to the conditions of the race. It's an interesting tool but there are too many intangibles involved in a race that it doesn't cover for me to ever use it as a stand alone product.

Moto Pete
04-15-2014, 09:11 PM
I capped SUN9 with TFUS and came up with 11,1,10. I capped with BETMIX and got 11,1,5. Result was 11,1,5. I passed on the race due to low odds. I'm beginning to think there's more to BETMIX than I first thought but a lot more testing needs to be done for sure.

Verticalplay
04-16-2014, 07:55 AM
I actually found this forum searching for some feedback about Betmix, so this is my first post.

Like you, I started off with the Free Race and either through skill or blind luck came up with a very nice trifecta. I decided to purchase the monthly subscription and didn't fair as well over the first few days.

What I have done recently is use the Create My Report tool to focus on specific race types. To me, that has been the "big breakthrough". Using that tool you can search for a specific race type (I used 7F claiming at Keeneland), and then see those races on one screen. As you manipulate the sliders you can see how you would have done in the results box. I was able to create a mix that was positive on win bets and exacta bets for that group of races. I saved that mix and then went forward with it at Keeneland and have done better than I expected.

They do need to add in more factors, and do a better job of displaying the running lines. I have contacted them about those issues and they have assured me that it is in the works.

Focus on testing your mixes in the results tool or in the Test My Report tool and you should be in good shape.

I know that they have a Mix Library where people can share mixes, but I dont know if people are contributing their best stuff there...

JimG
04-16-2014, 08:31 AM
Unless you are a very casual player that does not want to spend any money on handicapping files nor worry about whether you lose at a weekend of racing, I would not recommend Betmix. For me it falls under the category of looks pretty, but not much below the surface, at least at this point.

Jim