PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista? Still supported By Microsoft?

Flysofree
04-13-2014, 10:03 PM
I have a friend running Vista and he says it's still supported? (I might be wrong, I thought Vista was older than XP?)

headhawg
04-13-2014, 10:37 PM
This is not likely to change, but you never know. Lifecycle Fact Sheet (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle)

Flysofree
04-14-2014, 03:33 AM
Thanks Headhawg. I'm not a computer person, but of course hear how people absolutely LOVE their APPLE . Is lower price the biggest reason most people buy Microsoft computers or is it more that other programs (particularly for us as handicappers), won't run on an Apple?

HUSKER55
04-14-2014, 11:17 AM
GO price an apple and then let us know which computer your program will be running on.

Flysofree
04-14-2014, 01:23 PM
GO price an apple and then let us know which computer your program will be running on.

That's what I said. : Apple computers are expensive. The thing is I've bought 5 computers including my first one with Windows 98. One Apple may have been the same price...but can the software for horse racing programs be run on an Apple? I don't know the answers,..all I know is or all I never hear those users complaining of problems..

JustRalph
04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
You can run windows on an Apple . Look it up.

Apple not only charges a premium, they force you to upgrade often times. I mean force

Flysofree
04-14-2014, 03:06 PM
You can run windows on an Apple . Look it up.

Apple not only charges a premium, they force you to upgrade often times. I mean force
Ok well thanks..so I don't see any advantage to buying an Apple. I am sick and tired of having to buy a new computer each time something new comes out.. I never really cared much until Windows 7 and I could not run my DOS program..Bettor Keep Track..so went back and spent another $100. and countless hours of aggravation to get the XP mode to work... Now no more XP more and I'm not going to buy an 8 Or Windows 9 unless it comes READY to run old programs..... Not going to tax my brain on what should be FUN!