PDA

View Full Version : FOX Sports1 Show

Tara73
04-12-2014, 09:34 PM
What a comedy of errors. TLG getting cut off before giving his selections. His non response when they cut to him. Microphones not working. You could even hear Andy's voice in the background the seconds before and after the commercials. The F Troop of broadcasters.

cj
04-12-2014, 11:58 PM
What a comedy of errors. TLG getting cut off before giving his selections. His non response when they cut to him. Microphones not working. You could even hear Andy's voice in the background the seconds before and after the commercials. The F Troop of broadcasters.

There were definitely some issues today, but past broadcasts have been good. This was what, the 3rd one? I'm willing to give it some time.

Tom
04-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Still better than TVG.
So far, the shows have been top notch. :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
04-13-2014, 12:36 AM
I looked everywhere and could not find that broadcast today.
May have been pre-empted by something local or regional.

luvalab
04-13-2014, 01:08 AM

Very possible. My NBC affiliate has not shown the Breeders' Cup for 2 years where I live.

Tom
04-13-2014, 08:35 AM
It was FOX1 live, the replayed of FOX2 around 9:30 lat night.
I only get 1, but I can hve 2 and 8 other channels (that Ii don't want)
for a low $8.95 a month!

clocker7
04-14-2014, 02:57 AM
I watched the broadcast. What a breath of fresh air.

The approach was wonderful: horse racing as light fun instead of the standard NBC treatment about personal tragedies, blah blah blah; or the Masters baloney where the announcers act like they are in a cathedral.

The scenes were gorgeous. The Keeneland experience was captured faithfully. A win for racing.

cutchemist42
04-14-2014, 09:38 AM
I watched the broadcast. What a breath of fresh air.

The approach was wonderful: horse racing as light fun instead of the standard NBC treatment about personal tragedies, blah blah blah; or the Masters baloney where the announcers act like they are in a cathedral.

The scenes were gorgeous. The Keeneland experience was captured faithfully. A win for racing.

Yeah I really hate the way NBC handles horse racing, but they must think its what the general public would want to see....

SandyLoam
04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
And they never mentioned that the BlueGrass winner is is a non-factor in the Derby. I thought Migliore was pretty much a lightweight. Other than that, they did a pretty good job.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2014, 06:50 PM
The approach was wonderful: horse racing as light fun instead of the standard NBC treatment about personal tragedies, blah blah blah; or the Masters baloney where the announcers act like they are in a cathedral.You're hilarious.

Light fun...as in the light fun of drugged up half-cripples breaking down on the backside, tossing their jockeys to the ground like rag dolls, with their wives left praying they don't get trampled and are able to get up off the ground and walk on their own again...you mean like that kind of light fun?

Or the light fun of some guy wagering $200 on a horse who has no shot because another horse trained by a cheat has the "right stuff" coursing through its veins today? That kind of light fun?

I can go on...

Your post above smacks of the days when the south talked about the "light fun" of having black people drink at separate water fountains...you know...to keep tradition going... :rolleyes:

cj
04-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Yeah I really hate the way NBC handles horse racing, but they must think its what the general public would want to see....

This is the biggest problem I see with these broadcasts. The general public doesn't want to see horse racing, so why are the networks catering to them? Fox is doing a good job not doing this. NBCSN is terrible in my opinion.

Football doesn't cater to the general public, they cater to football fans. The same goes for other sports. That is how the general public learns if they do happen to watch.

andtheyreoff
04-15-2014, 11:19 PM
You're hilarious.

Light fun...as in the light fun of drugged up half-cripples breaking down on the backside, tossing their jockeys to the ground like rag dolls, with their wives left praying they don't get trampled and are able to get up off the ground and walk on their own again...you mean like that kind of light fun?

Or the light fun of some guy wagering $200 on a horse who has no shot because another horse trained by a cheat has the "right stuff" coursing through its veins today? That kind of light fun?

I can go on...

Your post above smacks of the days when the south talked about the "light fun" of having black people drink at separate water fountains...you know...to keep tradition going... :rolleyes:

Don't think I've ever seen a more cynical post on this board, ever. And from the administrator, no less.

clocker7
04-16-2014, 07:19 AM
I can go on...

Please, pretty please, go on and on. Because, when you do, your readership gets more insight into the "thinking" that goes into the arguments from your side.

burnsy
04-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Don't think I've ever seen a more cynical post on this board, ever. And from the administrator, no less.

Well I guess you have not read some of his posts....Clocker7 is under the impression that the only ones that care about cheating are "girls with multiple handles on the internet." Or somehow its a democratic vote where only a minority of people want immediate action. Like at this point theses a choice or a ballot. So somehow that's ok. People like this don't realize the window for change has a time limit.....and its closing sometime soon if things don't progress. They will also be crying the loudest when the govt' steps in. This attitude almost guarantees that happening.

clocker7
04-16-2014, 07:28 AM
This was about the quality of the FoxSports1 broadcast, and the approach they use.

Evidently some here must feel that the announcers have to frown and grouse endlessly about drug cheaters, and about how rotten a sport horse racing is?

OK, let's make a deal. Some of us will watch the Kentucky Derby broadcast, even if it is tired, old NBC. The rest of you? Play a loop of the PETA video to get your downer fix.

thespaah
04-16-2014, 10:23 PM
I looked everywhere and could not find that broadcast today.
Fox Sports 1 is a national sports network. There is no 'local' programming with which to preempt.
That would be like ESPN in your area being preempted to show a series of 30 minute infomercials.
Check your program guide or go to your provider's website to locate the channel number for Fox Sports 1....Oh, this is very important. Make sure you are subscribed to the channel.

thespaah
04-16-2014, 10:26 PM
NBC televises horse racing as though the complete novice is their core audience..
They insist on doing these sappy human interest stories as filler.
Or they will go into a horse's difficult road to racing due to some rare dysfunctional blah blah blah....

Valuist
04-16-2014, 10:53 PM
NBC televises horse racing as though the complete novice is their core audience..
They insist on doing these sappy human interest stories as filler.
Or they will go into a horse's difficult road to racing due to some rare dysfunctional blah blah blah....

Don't forget the sappy music and the bad camera angles that NBC loves.

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Please, pretty please, go on and on. Because, when you do, your readership gets more insight into the "thinking" that goes into the arguments from your side.First off, I don't have any "readership."

This isn't a blog. This is a message board. My posts count as much or as little as anyone else's.

Second, my comment had nothing to do with the Fox broadcasts, but everything to do with your constant desire to see racing portrayed at every turn as some wholesome fairy tale endeavor, whose problems are minuscule and easily corrected.

Obviously, my point was lost on you and others. For that, I will blame my poor writing skills in this instance.

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2014, 01:19 PM
This was about the quality of the FoxSports1 broadcast, and the approach they use.

Evidently some here must feel that the announcers have to frown and grouse endlessly about drug cheaters, and about how rotten a sport horse racing is?

OK, let's make a deal. Some of us will watch the Kentucky Derby broadcast, even if it is tired, old NBC. The rest of you? Play a loop of the PETA video to get your downer fix.This wasn't the point at all...but if you feel you must twist it this way, be my guest.

For the record, I really don't have any problem with the NBC or FOX broadcasts...

What I have a problem with is someone like you who has the rose-colored glasses permanently affixed to your face.

clocker7
04-17-2014, 01:24 PM

I can go on...

What does this baloney have to do with the way the the Keenland races were run, how Fox people televised this program and the way I characterized it? Did you even watch the broadcast? Other people liked it too, are you going to badger them?

rupiefied
04-17-2014, 01:30 PM
When is this show supposed to be on I don't see anya horse show listing on Saturdays or sunday

clocker7
04-17-2014, 01:33 PM
When is this show supposed to be on I don't see anya horse show listing on Saturdays or sunday
It was last weekend.

I was switching back and forth between the Masters. In doing so, it struck me that one set of broadcasters treated Augusta like they were at Arlington National Cemetery, whole the Fox guys seemed to be enjoying themselves at a fun place. Now the site guy here is on my case about it.

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2014, 03:10 PM
What does this baloney have to do with the way the the Keenland races were run, how Fox people televised this program and the way I characterized it? Did you even watch the broadcast? Other people liked it too, are you going to badger them?Oh, so now I'm badgering you? :lol:

rupiefied
04-17-2014, 06:44 PM
It was last weekend.

I was switching back and forth between the Masters. In doing so, it struck me that one set of broadcasters treated Augusta like they were at Arlington National Cemetery, whole the Fox guys seemed to be enjoying themselves at a fun place. Now the site guy here is on my case about it.

That's golf for you. I played that game with my dad since I was old enough to be let on the course and play. I rodein the cart before that. He got a kick out of happy Gilmore and all that stuff because that's how we were swearing and stuff on the golf course. But we are a working class family and didn't have much money heck my first set of clubs were probably close to thirty years old when I got them