PDA

View Full Version : What is with all this ridiculous talk of "collapse?"

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Before I go off on my rant, let me just put out there that not too long ago, I posted on this board that my bias in the market was in the DOWN direction based on how the VIX has been behaving lately...I haven't changed my mind yet, and although it tried valiantly to get down to the 12 level not too long ago, it couldn't quite get there, and has been going up (and the market has been going down of course) ever since.

Now, on to my rant...

How is it that the media keeps referring to a stock market collapse? I mean, WTF?

Has anyone looked at a chart of the S&P? We are JUST NOW looking at a simple 50% retracement of the leg up that started around February 4.

A COLLAPSE would be the S&P breaking down past 1750. Not an S&P at 1815 as it currently stands.

This move is really NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. And it is no worse than the down move that happened back in January.

Does nobody look at a one year or longer chart anymore? :lol: :lol: :lol:

thaskalos
04-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Before I go off on my rant, let me just put out there that not too long ago, I posted on this board that my bias in the market was in the DOWN direction based on how the VIX has been behaving lately...I haven't changed my mind yet, and although it tried valiantly to get down to the 12 level not too long ago, it couldn't quite get there, and has been going up (and the market has been going down of course) ever since.

Now, on to my rant...

How is it that the media keeps referring to a stock market collapse? I mean, WTF?

Has anyone looked at a chart of the S&P? We are JUST NOW looking at a simple 50% retracement of the leg up that started around February 4.

A COLLAPSE would be the S&P breaking down past 1750. Not an S&P at 1815 as it currently stands.

This move is really NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. And it is no worse than the down move that happened back in January.

Reminds me of the reaction in the media whenever the gas prices drop bellow the $3 mark...as if $4 has now become the norm for a gallon of gas.

What a joke our news media has become...

highnote
04-18-2014, 12:29 AM
There was a weak sell signal back on February 3rd, 2014 when the "sell" volume to "buy" volume ratio was 9-1.

But then a couple weeks later on February 18th there was a major "Buy" signal. The ratio of the "up" stocks to "down" stocks over a ten day period was 2-1. That rarely happens. The last time it happened was in September of 2009 and it marked the beginning of a huge bull market.

The S&P was at 1,068.30 on September 18, 2009. Today it closed at 1864.85.

Interest rates are still extremely low. Where else can you put money to work?

Real estate might be a good option, but the stock market is much easier to enter into for most people.

I will stay long until I get a sell signal. If the S&P drops to around 1805 then I'd start selling.

Now, on to my rant...

pandy
04-18-2014, 08:59 AM

Now, on to my rant...

When the media STOPS talking about a collapse, that's when to short.