PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Park

alhattab
04-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Monmouth Park barn area opens today. Word on the street is:

-the barn area is full for the first time in 6 years
-Trujillo staying at Gulfstream, Bravo trying New York
-Walder and Catalano each have a barnful

Training starts on Wednesday. With the winter we've had it's nice to see summer right around the corner! Here's to a great meet with full fields!

Delawaretrainer
04-12-2014, 02:23 PM
The bonuses do make a difference. Even though you may get a few gyps running for the money, it does attract the horses. Plus the workmans comp is paid for. Those two things are HUGE.

onefast99
04-13-2014, 08:38 AM
A new restaurant(just offf the picnic area) and concert venue are both on the horizon. A new OTW in Hillsborough will open around Preakness day. MP's brass is doing a lot to change the current landscape at the track. Future projects may include a hotel and water park! Our trainer will send 20 horses to MP this meet, things look good early on.

alhattab
04-13-2014, 11:10 AM
A new restaurant(just offf the picnic area) and concert venue are both on the horizon. A new OTW in Hillsborough will open around Preakness day. MP's brass is doing a lot to change the current landscape at the track. Future projects may include a hotel and water park! Our trainer will send 20 horses to MP this meet, things look good early on.

The Boardwalk area between the mini golf and where all the handicapped parking currently is along with the "beach" right near the picnic area gate will look nice, too. I know they said Italian for the restaurant. I don't get that- I'd go with barbecue or something like that nowhere around where you can get that sort of food and is a good compliment to the races. Hopefully the racing is good and competitive and the weather cooperates and they can build some momentum. Churchill raising prices only helps.

Clocker
04-13-2014, 02:05 PM
The Boardwalk area between the mini golf and where all the handicapped parking currently is along with the "beach" right near the picnic area gate will look nice, too. I know they said Italian for the restaurant. I don't get that- I'd go with barbecue or something like that nowhere around where you can get that sort of food and is a good compliment to the races. Hopefully the racing is good and competitive and the weather cooperates and they can build some momentum. Churchill raising prices only helps.

All that is icing on the cake. You had me at "full fields".

onefast99
04-14-2014, 10:09 AM
I know it isn't McLoones. Italian is fine but a good NY style steakhouse would be a win-win for all involved.