PDA

View Full Version : Off the rails. Soc Security going after kids

JustRalph
04-11-2014, 04:45 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/social-security-treasury-target-hundreds-of-thousands-of-taxpayers-for-parents-old-debts/2014/04/10/74ac8eae-bf4d-11e3-bcec-b71ee10e9bc3_print.html

If you don't think this government has gone off the rails, please read this article.

This country has been hijacked. We let them get away with this crap

-snip-

A few weeks ago, with no notice, the U.S. government intercepted Mary Grice’s tax refunds from both the IRS and the state of Maryland. Grice had no idea that Uncle Sam had seized her money until some days later, when she got a letter saying that her refund had gone to satisfy an old debt to the government — a very old debt.

When Grice was 4, back in 1960, her father died, leaving her mother with five children to raise. Until the kids turned 18, Sadie Grice got survivor benefits from Social Security to help feed and clothe them.

-snip

Dave Schwartz
04-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Wow. So, a 4-year old is responsible for her parents' mistakes or even crimes? Worse, the 4 year old is responsible FOREVER?

What's next? Debtors' prison for your parents' bankruptcies?

boxcar
04-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Cut poor Uncle Sam some slack. He's broke. Anything and anyone is fair game.

Boxcar
P.S. Also, it's all for the public good, since we know the government knows how to budget and spend money wisely.

Tom
04-12-2014, 10:11 AM
This government is a disgrace to humanity.
I hope personal tragedy befalls whose eve this idea was - serious personal tragedy.

If we found out who, protesters should make his/her life a living hell.
It is high time we got personal with theses government a-holes.

classhandicapper
04-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Our government at all levels is full of horrible, despicable, wretched, corrupt, incompetent excrement masquerading as humanity.

They force me to spend many hours of my life trying to figure out how to protect myself from their financial corruption, incompetence, and war mongering interference in the affairs of others etc...

I hope there is a God, that the universe is just, that karma is real etc... because I want something greater than myself to judge them and strike them all to hell.

Tom
04-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Our days of greatness are behind us.
Nothing to be proud of here.

fast4522
04-12-2014, 05:37 PM
This government is a disgrace to humanity.
I hope personal tragedy befalls whose eve this idea was - serious personal tragedy.

If we found out who, protesters should make his/her life a living hell.
It is high time we got personal with theses government a-holes.

Tom, sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to come back. We all have to look into the mirror because we are the government. Communist have integrated into our system, Joseph R. McCarthy was correct.

Tom
04-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Far worse than commies, democrats!:eek:

NJ Stinks
04-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Our days of greatness are behind us.
Nothing to be proud of here.

Can't disagree with you here, Tom. This is beyond pathetic.

Tom
04-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Wow, we have bi-partisanship! ;)
Agreed on who is the biggest low-life in the country!

newtothegame
04-13-2014, 01:03 AM
Sadly, this government will stop to whatever level they have to (as is evidence by the above story) to save itself.
This is exactly the things we have been talking about for sometime with big government. Yet, mosty and others here would have you believe that the IRS will not come after you over the ACA mandate......:lol:

Read this story again, then look back at the DELIBERATE targeting by Lerner and her crew.....Look at the lack of response by the DOJ.....Look at the large ammo purchases by DHHS.....Look at Obama's own words about brown shirts.....

Now, tell me again the government wont come after their mandate money with the IRS??? I know, it's all just one big conspiracy theory....but tell that to this lady who was 4 and now is paying for it!

Boris
04-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Sadly, this government will stop to whatever level they have to (as is evidence by the above story) to save itself.
This is exactly the things we have been talking about for sometime with big government. Yet, mosty and others here would have you believe that the IRS will not come after you over the ACA mandate......:lol:

Read this story again, then look back at the DELIBERATE targeting by Lerner and her crew.....Look at the lack of response by the DOJ.....Look at the large ammo purchases by DHHS.....Look at Obama's own words about brown shirts.....

Now, tell me again the government wont come after their mandate money with the IRS??? I know, it's all just one big conspiracy theory....but tell that to this lady who was 4 and now is paying for it!
Don't forget the NSA data collecting that allows pinpoint accuracy. But we have nothing to hide, until they know everything about us, and share it with the IRS, DOJ, and DHHS.

Tom
04-13-2014, 09:04 AM
The IRS is being beefed up for a major assault on our freedom and liberty.
Their Brown Shirts or on order as we speak.

Hank
04-13-2014, 02:22 PM
No worries gents.2016 will bring forth a savior who will have the magical symbol R before his name and this great man will surely put all things right.Dimwits in 2008 voted for the much less magical D savior and therein lies the problem.No worries its an easy fix.

Tom
04-13-2014, 02:29 PM
You've been watching FOX Hank.
Good on ya! :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
04-14-2014, 06:51 PM
and just like that they've ended the practice of indiscriminately seizing tax refunds.

The Social Security Administration announced Monday that it will immediately cease efforts to collect on taxpayers’ debts to the government that are more than 10 years old.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/social-security-stops-trying-to-collect-on-old-taxpayer-debts/2014/04/14/9355c58e-c40f-11e3-bcec-b71ee10e9bc3_story.html

JustRalph
04-14-2014, 09:41 PM
and just like that they've ended the practice of indiscriminately seizing tax refunds.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/social-security-stops-trying-to-collect-on-old-taxpayer-debts/2014/04/14/9355c58e-c40f-11e3-bcec-b71ee10e9bc3_story.html

amazing what a little bad press does for you

Striker
04-14-2014, 10:50 PM
I would think the IRS/FBI might focus a little more effort on the problems in the below story, instead of going after those mentioned in this thread.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/04/10/bogus-tax-refunds-problem/7557897/

JustRalph
05-27-2014, 09:54 PM
In the same vein.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/141735-fought-wwii-d-day-now-says-va-cut-benefits-6-month/

WWII Vet is having his small pension seized for a government mistake

BlueShoe
05-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Far worse than commies, democrats!:eek:
Same thing. Just different branches of the same movement.