PDA

View Full Version : 4/12 - Arkansas Derby Day R9-11 & Keeneland Blue Grass Stakes

luvalab
04-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Below are the links to my blog for the selections for each track. I will update once the scratches are posted.

4/12 - Oaklawn Park - Arkansas Derby Day Races 9-11 (http://moneyonthenose.blogspot.com/2014/04/4-12-2014-oaklawn-park-arkansas-derby.html)

4/12 - Keeneland - Blue Grass Stakes Race 11 (http://moneyonthenose.blogspot.com/2014/04/4-12-2014-keeneland-blue-grass-stakes.html)

clemkadiddle
04-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Saw your picks for the Arkansas and the Bluegrass...

Kiss your money goodbye...

Extrasexyhippzter takes the Bluegrass...

Commissioner takes the Arkansas...

luvalab
04-12-2014, 12:03 PM

That's the best part about pari mutuel wagering - it pays to disagree! We'll see how it turns out. Good luck!

luvalab
04-12-2014, 08:48 PM

I was fortunate enough to catch the Exacta in the Blue Grass. Since Dance With Fate won, my top exacta hit. A 750% ROI on my listed play in the Bluegrass wasn't too bad for "kissing my money goodbye". But I will say, Tapiture didn't run as I expected in the Arkansas Derby.

HoofedInTheChest
04-13-2014, 10:03 AM

........ as he walks away with his tail between his legs.

11th and 6th respectively, there's the pot calling the kettle black.

Nice work luvalab. :ThmbUp:

luvalab
04-14-2014, 12:18 AM
........ as he walks away with his tail between his legs.

11th and 6th respectively, there's the pot calling the kettle black.

Nice work luvalab. :ThmbUp:

I learned a long time ago never to criticize selections by someone else, because when the gates open it's easy to be wrong. One of the things that has taught me the most about handicapping has been when someone disagrees with me to ask, "Why do you like that horse?" It has to be something major that I have missed in order for me change my selections on the spot based on the opinion of someone else, but by asking that question and listening I just might learn something.

For instance, in 2012 at Colonial Downs I had been sitting beside a man all night. We talked off and on about who we liked in each race. About mid way through the card he asked me, "Who do you like in this race?" I replied with the numbers I liked and he stated his, which were a little different from mine. I asked, "Why do you like that horse?" and he gave me his reasons. But then he added, "Don't bet that #2 you like!" (I'll never forget the #). I asked why and he replied, "He's coming off an injury and he needs a couple of races." I immediately replied with, "How do you know this?" He said, "Because I am the owner."

I replaced him with another horse and that tip helped me catch the trifecta in that race. His #2 ran evenly, but was flat in the stretch. I'll never forget that.