PDA

View Full Version : IN ALL LIKELYHOOD

v j stauffer
04-10-2014, 01:17 AM
Thurs. Apr. 10 would have been opening day of the 2014 Spring/Summer meeting at Hollywood Park.

It's been said Time Heals All Wounds.

If true not enough has passed for me.

Profound sense of emptiness and loss.

Stillriledup
04-10-2014, 01:53 AM
The emptiness and loss for you is due to fact that this was much more than a job for you, the passion you had for this track, those people, the horses and this game is why the cut is so deep.

They can't take the amazing memories from you and the fans, we thank you for the incredible calls over the years, your voice made the place better no doubt.

BombsAway Bob
04-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Thurs. Apr. 10 would have been opening day of the 2014 Spring/Summer meeting at Hollywood Park.

i for one, would sure love to hear you calling races there again.
Joni Mitchell said it best,
"They paved Paradise...to put up a parking lot."

xWwUJH70ubM

PhantomOnTour
04-10-2014, 12:25 PM
...and Talking Heads said:

This was a parking lot - now it's all covered in daisies

Fingal
04-10-2014, 01:22 PM
A calendar is how one measures time, but mine was different that the usual chronological one.

The new year starts the day after Christmas when Santa Anita opens.

Spring was making the trip down to Hollywood Park & leaving the heat of the valley behind.

And around this time in our group we'd be thinking of opening day, that it's not to far away.
When that day comes & goes like any other......

That's when it's really going to hit us.

Augenj
04-10-2014, 01:58 PM

I always thought you called great races with your "radio perfect" voice. Any chance we'll hear you in the future? I read an interview with Trevor Denman awhile back and who seemed a little tired of the extra days at Santa Anita. He craves his long vacation layoffs.

elhelmete
04-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I have to go to the Forum on the 26th and I'm not looking forward to seeing what the old place next door might look like.

brivolta
04-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Vic I think I've said this on here before but you are my favorite race caller around. Your anticipation for what might happen, the picture you paint as the race sets up, and your ability to interject entertainment without going overboard make you great. The only other person (for me anyway) that has a similar style and can pull it off is John G Dooley.

Stillriledup
04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I always thought you called great races with your "radio perfect" voice. Any chance we'll hear you in the future? I read an interview with Trevor Denman awhile back and who seemed a little tired of the extra days at Santa Anita. He craves his long vacation layoffs.

That would be great to hear Vic call some races at the great race place.

wisconsin
04-10-2014, 06:51 PM
I have to go to the Forum on the 26th and I'm not looking forward to seeing what the old place next door might look like.

When Sportsman's finally closed, it was so sad to look at it awaiting the wrecking ball. My dad had harness horses that ran there, we spent a lot of time there, and then as a horseplayer, I went probably 100 more times.

You will have memories of Hollywood. I was there just once.

gheuks
07-14-2014, 09:03 PM
They are replaying the 97 breeders cup on hrtv. How things have changed. Once worthy of hosting one of racings biggest days and brightest stars, now awaiting the wrecking ball. Sad.