PDA

View Full Version : Oaklawn Handicap

andtheyreoff
04-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Nice field- Will Take Charge and Moreno, part five, plus Revolutionary tries to bounce back and Golden Lad hopes to keep improving.

http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=OP&race=10&param1=3200&param2=960&param3=1591060

horses4courses
04-09-2014, 07:48 PM
If he gets a reasonable pace on a fair track, WTC should win.

Cratos
04-09-2014, 10:15 PM
I like D. Wayne and WTC in this one.

Valuist
04-10-2014, 10:58 AM
On paper, there appears to be some speed. Right to Vote only knows one way to race and Moreno doesn't seem to want to rate. Is Golden Lad good enough? He should get the perfect trip but may not be good enough to hold off Will Take Charge.

precocity
04-11-2014, 12:07 AM
TAHTS MY BOY Moreno WILL SEE? STILL WORTH A W/P? :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
04-12-2014, 06:35 PM
looks like he could come down.

he was going to beat those horses, but sometimes it's hard to say that with certainty at that point in the race while judging.

Izzy2742
04-12-2014, 06:41 PM
A real rodeo down the stretch. Not sure if any of them ran a straight line.

Robert Fischer
04-12-2014, 06:42 PM
It's hard to take down the star horse, but he can't just wipe out his competitors at the top of the stretch, whether he's superior or not.

- Update, there will be no change. Best horse stays up here.

cj
04-12-2014, 06:46 PM
It's hard to take down the star horse, but he can't just wipe out his competitors at the top of the stretch, whether he's superior or not.

- Update, there will be no change. Best horse stays up here.

Wipe them all out? That is a bit of a stretch.

Robert Fischer
04-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Wipe them all out? That is a bit of a stretch.

True. That was a stretch. Maybe the 6 horse, or whoever that was.

WTC was much the best and the contact probably hurt his margin if anything. The 6 looked to be praying for a minor placing at that point as well.

I'm happy with the call.
The consensus seems to be that obvious best horses should stay up.

I'd still like to have heard a rules clarification, and know that there is a general consistency in how this type of contact is treated.

When you have a rainbow-6 in play, or a track is looking to have to pay out a 2.20 minus pool in a weeknight race, you'd like to be confident that the interpretation would be consistent.

Oaklawn John
04-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Can't beat that home cooking!

davew
04-12-2014, 06:57 PM
$213K in show pool sweating bullets

Dark Horse
04-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Figures. I had Revolutionary.

Why did it take them that long? Anybody can see right away that Revolutionary is cut off at the top of the stretch. Just a wrong ruling.

Bullet Plane
04-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Figures. I had Revolutionary.

Why did it take them that long? Anybody can see right away that Revolutionary is cut off at the top of the stretch. Just a wrong ruling.

Agree!

And I had nobody in that race...

senortout
04-13-2014, 02:01 AM
I cash me a nice ticket to show if the winner is dq'd, not for minor brushing with the other placed horse, but with the serious interference he caused with the six horse....was counting my money I was that sure

Stillriledup
04-13-2014, 04:52 AM
I cash me a nice ticket to show if the winner is dq'd, not for minor brushing with the other placed horse, but with the serious interference he caused with the six horse....was counting my money I was that sure

They weren't going to ever DQ Willis Horton in Oaklawn.

porchy44
04-13-2014, 08:46 AM
We have had this discussion before on this board. I contend that the stewards factor in the "odds of the horse" and "who the horse is" in their determination of who is taken down. Most people disagree with that.
I base this on a much higher percentage of favorites being left up than longshots being left up after an inquiry.

Fager Fan
04-13-2014, 09:02 AM
The stewards made the right call. The only horse impacted was the one who finished last, and he was squeezed by both WTC (who came in) and Revolutionary (who came out). No way that horse should've been put ahead of either of those two as he clearly wasn't going to win or place second. Revolutionary sure wasn't negatively impacted by WTC which is what they were looking at.