PDA

View Full Version : Dave Clark 5 Documentary

Ocala Mike
04-08-2014, 08:26 PM
This is on right now. Check your local PBS listings, especially if you're of "a certain age."

http://www.thirteen.org/13pressroom/tca-tour/great-performances-glad-all-over-the-dave-clark-five-and-beyond/

Shemp Howard
04-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Glad All Over.

Ocala Mike
04-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Very well done. I had no idea that this band had that much of an impact; right up there with the Beatles and the Stones. Also never heard of that mucical, "Time." Guess it didn't come across the pond from the UK.

Dave Schwartz
04-08-2014, 10:31 PM
LOL - An early prediction from one David E. Schwartz, then of Hollywood, Florida:

"The Dave Clark Five will make you forget the Beatles."

Yeah, not one of my smarter moments.

pandy
04-08-2014, 10:35 PM
A friend of mine is a publicist and music historian and he has met Dave Clark several times. Dave Clark is kind of weird. He is over protective of their music to the point where it's hard to buy it.

cj's dad
04-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Glad All Over is the theme song of BPL team "Crystal Palace". The teams entrance onto the field along with the crowd's singing is -IMO- the best in the BPL. I love it !!

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P94S8IAv94w

dartman51
04-08-2014, 11:33 PM
My favorite DC 5 song was BECAUSE. :ThmbUp:

Tom
04-08-2014, 11:50 PM
I remember BITS and PIECES of that one ;)

Great rivalry back in the day.....used to save up to but the albums of both for the whopping price of.....$1.97, in monoral, which, they said, would never be obsolete!

XoRLIJJSG4o

Robert Goren
04-09-2014, 09:53 AM
LOL - An early prediction from one David E. Schwartz, then of Hollywood, Florida:
Yeah, not one of my smarter moments.A high school classmate of mine when we were sophomores said that "They would be the death of the Beatles" He followed by noting that some of the girls we went to kindergarten with had gotten to be really good looking. Well, Bob got it half right.

Dave Schwartz
04-09-2014, 10:42 AM
A high school classmate of mine when we were sophomores said that "They would be the death of the Beatles" He followed by noting that some of the girls we went to kindergarten with had gotten to be really good looking. Well, Bob got it half right.

LOL - And where are those girls now? I'll tell you: They're OLD!

CryingForTheHorses
04-09-2014, 05:44 PM
I remember BITS and PIECES of that one ;)

Great rivalry back in the day.....used to save up to but the albums of both for the whopping price of.....$1.97, in monoral, which, they said, would never be obsolete!

XoRLIJJSG4o

Geeze,I forgot all about these guys,Thanks for the music..Brings back a lot of memories

Ocala Mike
04-09-2014, 06:07 PM

Mine too. I had just met my wife of more than 48 years when that song was popular. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: