PDA

View Full Version : 88%

Tom
04-08-2014, 03:16 PM
That is what a woman working in the White House makes compared a man doing a similar job.

If Harry makes $100,000 a year, Harriet makes $88,000.

War on women is a republican thing?

Why has Obama not fixed this?
Where is the executive order?

Or, is Obama just keeping women down?
Are they allowed to wear shoes in the White House? :rolleyes:

davew
04-08-2014, 03:42 PM
What that can't be right, the census numbers say 77% and that is what they are pushing.

NJ Stinks
04-08-2014, 03:48 PM
That is what a woman working in the White House makes compared a man doing a similar job.

If Harry makes $100,000 a year, Harriet makes $88,000.

War on women is a republican thing?

Why has Obama not fixed this?
Where is the executive order?

Or, is Obama just keeping women down?
Are they allowed to wear shoes in the White House? :rolleyes:

The men have a better union. :faint:

PhantomOnTour
04-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Men make more per hour than women for doing the same job because:

> when you hear something go "bump" in the night, it is us who have to grab the bat or gun and go downstairs and maybe get killed
> when the unsinkable oceanliner begins to sink, you and the kids get off first and some of us have to go down with the ship

Now, rip me up Grits ;)

Tom
04-08-2014, 11:43 PM
If this news were about Bush, you two chuckle heads would not be so glib.
I think is a disgrace Obama makes a big deal out of equal pay and yet his own house is not in order.

Obama doesn't care about women, only publicity. he could fix this with the stroke of open, but he CHOOSES to allow women who work for HIM to be discriminated against.

Would it be funny if it were your wife, or Mother getting screwed by the POTUS?

I think not.

PhantomOnTour
04-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Chuckle
Chuckle

And, for the record, the President has never screwed my wife!
At least she isn't admitting to it :D

BlueShoe
04-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Congress is the exception to all this. Female members are paid exactly the same as their male counterparts. Which brings to mind an interesting question, the one about equal pay for equal work. If they were compensated strictly on what they have actually accomplished, what kind of a paycheck would such persons as Pelosi, Boxer, Waters, Wasserman-Schultz, et al., take home? Less than a beginning employee in a fast food restaurant? Less than that?

Robert Goren
04-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Congress is the exception to all this. Female members are paid exactly the same as their male counterparts. Which brings to mind an interesting question, the one about equal pay for equal work. If they were compensated strictly on what they have actually accomplished, what kind of a paycheck would such persons as Pelosi, Boxer, Waters, Wasserman-Schultz, et al., take home? Less than a beginning employee in a fast food restaurant? Less than that? you may not like what they have done, but they have gotten stuff done. Getting ACA passed was no small feat. Even the GOP controlled house can't get a budget bill enacted without their help. The only the male leadership there can do is beat their chest and say "I am for more tax breaks than the tea party challenger back home." and pass another phony bill going no where. They are ones who can't accomplish anything. The fast food worker get more accomplished in his or her first hour than those guys do in their two year term. Maybe you are one the guys who put spouting words before actually do what they say they are going to do. It seems a lot of people of your political bend have bought into their rhetoric and are not looking at how well they are at delivering. The all or nothing strategy may have got them votes from people like you, but you have gotten nothing but excuses for your vote.

BlueShoe
04-09-2014, 01:00 PM
you may not like what they have done, but they have gotten stuff done. Getting ACA passed was no small feat.
No, I do not like it one damn bit. :mad: And yes, they have gotten stuff done, passing ObamaCare was no small feat, you are correct. Dismembering and destroying the American health care system certainly did take a great dealt of time, effort and dedication. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
04-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Robert, once again you are out of touch.

They don't want to get anything done!!!

They are practicing gridlock on purpose!!

It has emasculated the messiah. Remember, when your opponent says he is going to bring a gun to a knife fight? How about "Mitt Romney killed a women"

The war on women? You want to play these games? You get nothing!

Gridlock is the founders way of evening out the playing field. Even Bill Clinton understood that. He actually got things done with Congress. Nope, not Barry. He is going to go down in history as a feckless **** who couldn't get anything done except using bribes to pass Obamacare.

Gridlock is good for the citizenry.......

davew
04-09-2014, 01:53 PM
No, I do not like it one damn bit. :mad: And yes, they have gotten stuff done, passing ObamaCare was no small feat, you are correct. Dismembering and destroying the American health care system certainly did take a great dealt of time, effort and dedication. :rolleyes:

although they couldn't be bothered to actually read it...

Clocker
04-09-2014, 02:25 PM
although they couldn't be bothered to actually read it...

What difference does that make? Obama and Sebelius didn't read it either, and are just doing whatever they want without regard to what the law says.

CryingForTheHorses
04-09-2014, 02:29 PM
If this news were about Bush, you two chuckle heads would not be so glib.
I think is a disgrace Obama makes a big deal out of equal pay and yet his own house is not in order.

Obama doesn't care about women, only publicity. he could fix this with the stroke of open, but he CHOOSES to allow women who work for HIM to be discriminated against.

Would it be funny if it were your wife, or Mother getting screwed by the POTUS?

I think not.

I thought the reason most women in the white house drew smaller wages because of their type of job,Something about this on the news last night,Didnt he sign something yesterday?..You guys love to complain about everything that Obama does..Is there ever going to be a president that everybody is going to be happy with..Seems I remember Bush getting bashed like this for 8 years :lol:

Tom
04-09-2014, 02:34 PM
He signed an Executive Order to force others to pay equal to women, but not the WH. While he talks down about other people not paying the same, he is doing the exact same thing.

If this is the type of low-life you are happy to have in the WH, have at it.
I prefer to have someone who doesn't discriminate against women.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Seems I remember Bush getting bashed like this for 8 years :lol:Thank goodness somebody other than me remembers that!! :ThmbUp:

Hcap will be by shortly to tell us how much WORSE the Obama bashing is...and he'll probably subconsciously allude to the reason being mired in racism.

JustRalph
04-09-2014, 03:25 PM
The crap he signed yesterday only forces Federal contractors to comply

It's friggin worthless except for a photo op and a distraction

CryingForTheHorses
04-09-2014, 03:36 PM
He signed an Executive Order to force others to pay equal to women, but not the WH. While he talks down about other people not paying the same, he is doing the exact same thing.

If this is the type of low-life you are happy to have in the WH, have at it.
I prefer to have someone who doesn't discriminate against women.

Well if he just signed this order...Sounds like all were discriminating against women..NOT just him??..Of course he is the prez and of course its his fault.
!! :D

Tom
04-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Wouldn't it be the right thing to do to make sure YOU are paying equal wages to YOUR employees before you start shooting your mouth off about how other people are unfair for doing it?

Lot more male chauvinists around than I thought.
Do make your women walk behind you? :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
04-09-2014, 04:04 PM
One big reason women make less $$ than men is because women leave the workforce temporarily to have children. When they eventually come back to work, they have fallen behind men who never left the job.

Just sayin'.

CryingForTheHorses
04-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Wouldn't it be the right thing to do to make sure YOU are paying equal wages to YOUR employees before you start shooting your mouth off about how other people are unfair for doing it?

Lot more male chauvinists around than I thought.
Do make your women walk behind you? :rolleyes:

You do have a point there!!!...Yes it would have been a good example if he had done that !

CryingForTheHorses
04-09-2014, 05:29 PM
One big reason women make less $$ than men is because women leave the workforce temporarily to have children. When they eventually come back to work, they have fallen behind men who never left the job.

Just sayin'.

They may leave to have kids but men also take the same leave to raise them!

hcap
04-09-2014, 05:38 PM
On this board, Obamabashing is leading BushBashing 5:1. Easy, no sweat
We have non-stop 24/7/365 'round the clock Obama Derangement syndrome bordering on the insane. :eek:

Clocker
04-09-2014, 05:57 PM
On this board, Obamabashing is leading BushBashing 5:1.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. We don't have Bush to kick around any more.

hcap
04-09-2014, 06:15 PM
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. We don't have Bush to kick around any more.I agree. But PA and I differ on relative intensities of each derangement syndrome.

I did say Obama Derangement borders on the insane, and it sounds to me like the REAL squeaky wheels are the purveyors of the ODS propaganda.

Real squeaky :lol:

BlueShoe
04-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Kind of like the old saying about whose ox is being gored? Big Media has supported Obama rather that criticize him by at least the same 5 to 1 ratio. During the Bush Adminstration he was bashed by the Media far, far more than has Obama during his.

For anyone ambitious enough to do so, am sure that a search back on PA from 2000-2008 would turn up a huge volume of shrieking from the leftists of the forum, telling all about the real and imagined faults of GW, a few of whom are no longer active here. In fact, the blame Bush crowd has only recently quieted down a bit, they were still very active into Obama's second term.

Tom
04-09-2014, 09:03 PM

Just sayin'.

Man, you will say anything to protect your boy. :lol:
What about all those YOUNG women who have never left a job and STILL start out at a lower level?

Tom
04-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Nice dodge of the facts here, hcap.
You got nothing and it shows. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
04-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by hcap

Some very smart people post on this board.
And it shows. :lol: :lol:

nGHhqV_QhzE

elysiantraveller
04-09-2014, 09:24 PM

Just sayin'.

I agree but is that wage discrimination?

Using the 88% number previously mentioned if a male and female both have the exact same job and start off at the same base but the women leaves the workforce for 3 years for kids. Assuming no promotions for the male employee just a annual 3% raise if the female returns to same job she will automatically be making 9% less than her male counterpart.

NJ Stinks
04-09-2014, 11:19 PM
I agree but is that wage discrimination?

Using the 88% number previously mentioned if a male and female both have the exact same job and start off at the same base but the women leaves the workforce for 3 years for kids. Assuming no promotions for the male employee just a annual 3% raise if the female returns to same job she will automatically be making 9% less than her male counterpart.

I don't believe it is wage discrimination.

dartman51
04-10-2014, 12:13 AM

Just sayin'.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

LottaKash
04-10-2014, 12:32 AM
We have non-stop 24/7/365 'round the clock Obama Derangement syndrome bordering on the insane. :eek:

x

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/lottakash/img45_zpse860d38b.jpg (http://s405.photobucket.com/user/lottakash/media/img45_zpse860d38b.jpg.html)