PDA

View Full Version : TVG in HD

cj
04-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Simon Bray ‏@SimonTVG (https://twitter.com/SimonTVG) 18m (https://twitter.com/SimonTVG/status/452123292573241344) Each distributor can elect to show TVG’s programming in HD if it so desires

Clocker
04-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Simon Bray ‏@SimonTVG (https://twitter.com/SimonTVG) 18m (https://twitter.com/SimonTVG/status/452123292573241344) Each distributor can elect to show TVG’s programming in HD if it so desires

Much better picture on DISH today. It still doesn't fill the screen side to side, but wider than before and sharper.

Now if they can just stop gushing over the Keeneland opening like it was the second coming and cover some horse races. :rolleyes:

cj
04-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Much better picture on DISH today. It still doesn't fill the screen side to side, but wider than before and sharper.

Now if they can just stop gushing over the Keeneland opening like it was the second coming and cover some horse races. :rolleyes:

It will be up to providers to give TVG an HD channel. Apparently you can see it on some of the Fox Sports channels that show TVG today.

the little guy
04-04-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm happy to hear it's finally going to be on my cable in NYC.

classhandicapper
04-04-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm happy to hear it's finally going to be on my cable in NYC.

Are you Time Warner?

BettinBilly
04-04-2014, 01:53 PM
No joy on ATT U-Verse. Too much hassle to switch to Time Warner. I'll have to be happy with my TVG account online.

cj
04-04-2014, 02:01 PM
No joy on ATT U-Verse. Too much hassle to switch to Time Warner. I'll have to be happy with my TVG account online.

I've been holding out hoping it would come back, but I think the call to Dish Network is coming soon.

BettinBilly
04-04-2014, 02:05 PM
I've been holding out hoping it would come back, but I think the call to Dish Network is coming soon.

Me too CJ. Me too. IMO, U-Verse is a superior multimedia delivery product, but the lack of TVG has been a real sore spot for me. I'm happy with them except for that. I've called their CS department to discuss the lack of TVG, and sent them numerous emails, but no real movement. I'm staying with U-Verse but don't blame you for hopping to Dish.

BIG49010
04-04-2014, 02:05 PM
RTN - on Dish has a HD channel for Keeneland today.

JustRalph
04-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Not here, same old same old

Shelby
04-04-2014, 02:14 PM
WOW it looks great! And a new studio. Nice :)

olddaddy
04-04-2014, 02:18 PM
How many tracks actually have a HD feed?

olddaddy
04-04-2014, 02:23 PM
i sure dont like showing tampa and aqueduct on a 1/2 screen.

pandy
04-04-2014, 02:24 PM
For some reason they're showing the Aqueduct races with a big box to the left of the screen that shows the fractions and takes up a third of the screen. Weird and bad. I don't know why they're doing that.

But at Keeneland the races are full screen. No HD yet on RCN cable but hopefully that changes.

Clocker
04-04-2014, 02:25 PM

If you have TVG on DISH, you will also have HRTV. It's nice to have both sometimes for more coverage. Both will show Santa Anita and NYRA races. For example, today TVG is also covering Keeneland and Tampa, while HRTV is covering Gulfstream and Pimlico.

redshift1
04-04-2014, 02:37 PM
In SoCal with Cox Cable it's scheduled for Fox sports @ 12:30 pacific time in HD.
That said Cox usually throttles the bandwidth to HD light with low viewership stations, will see what they do today.

pandy
04-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Someone at TVG had a major brain fart today. Now they're showing the Tampa and Aque. races with a huge box to the left of the screen. I had to switch to HRTV to watch the last race.

JustRalph
04-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Keeneland is not HD on my set. It's DISH

The shaking camera is killing me.......

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 03:26 PM
No full screen? Im watching the races in a little box with flashing graphics underneath. Yikes.

Its not even HD either, the picture quality is just the same as it normally was for me before, only 1/4th the size.

redshift1
04-04-2014, 03:31 PM
No full screen? Im watching the races in a little box with flashing graphics underneath. Yikes.

Full screen here, try switching TV options between SD, Stretch or full screen and HD.

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Full screen here, try switching TV options between SD, Stretch or full screen and HD.

Thanks.

cj
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
If you have TVG on DISH, you will also have HRTV. It's nice to have both sometimes for more coverage. Both will show Santa Anita and NYRA races. For example, today TVG is also covering Keeneland and Tampa, while HRTV is covering Gulfstream and Pimlico.

Yep, I'm aware, had it before. I switched to uVerse because they had both as well and overall it is better here, particularly in tornado alley. Dishes not always great in storms. The picture is also better on uVerse. But alas, I still want TVG, so I just have to convince the family it is ok to switch.

cj
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Its not even HD either, the picture quality is just the same as it normally was for me before, only 1/4th the size.

Wow.

redshift1
04-04-2014, 03:39 PM
In SoCal with Cox Cable it's scheduled for Fox sports @ 12:30 pacific time in HD.
That said Cox usually throttles the bandwidth to HD light with low viewership stations, will see what they do today.

Ok, Fox is up and running nice HD and a upgrade on the sound quality as well.
Toggling between TVG and Fox feeds shows marked improvement in HD on my Panasonic plasma.

The Hawk
04-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Yep, I'm aware, had it before. I switched to uVerse because they had both as well and overall it is better here, particularly in tornado alley. Dishes not always great in storms. The picture is also better on uVerse. But alas, I still want TVG, so I just have to convince the family it is ok to switch.

If you can get Verizon Fios, HRTV and TVG are both available there.

JustRalph
04-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Tampa Bay looks like this

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Wow.

Seems like Tampa race are in the "small box" and i did see Keeneland in full screen.

maybe you're seeing Tampa in full screen?

cj
04-04-2014, 03:51 PM
If you can get Verizon Fios, HRTV and TVG are both available there.

I'll check, don't think so though.

cj
04-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Seems like Tampa race are in the "small box" and i did see Keeneland in full screen.

I'm not seeing anything, as I've stated, I no longer have TVG.

Clocker
04-04-2014, 04:06 PM

Aqueduct is boxed on TVG, but SA is full screen. I wonder if the difference is the feed from the track, and TVG is trying to keep the race as sharp as they can. HRTV is showing Aqueduct full screen, but it is a lot grainier than the smaller TVG image.

The TVG video from Santa Anita is full screen and definitely HD.

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Aqueduct is boxed on TVG, but SA is full screen. I wonder if the difference is the feed from the track, and TVG is trying to keep the race as sharp as they can. HRTV is showing Aqueduct full screen, but it is a lot grainier than the smaller TVG image.

I agree, the Santa Anita feed that i saw looked nice, not sure it was brilliant HD like you see for major sporting events, but it did look nice. The Tampa and Aqu feeds, in the small boxes, didnt appear that 'sharp' to me, still looked ok, but didnt seem as sharp as the SA or KEE feeds.

GMB@BP
04-04-2014, 04:14 PM
I agree, the Santa Anita feed that i saw looked nice, not sure it was brilliant HD like you see for major sporting events, but it did look nice. The Tampa and Aqu feeds, in the small boxes, didnt appear that 'sharp' to me, still looked ok, but didnt seem as sharp as the SA or KEE feeds.

So this can be viewed when one of the Fox Sports affiliates shows the races but not on TVG itself?

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 04:18 PM
So this can be viewed when one of the Fox Sports affiliates shows the races but not on TVG itself?

Not sure, i have all the fox sports affiliates, i'll have to check that out when it comes on tv and let you know.

cj
04-04-2014, 04:20 PM

Until providers give TVG an HD channel, you won't get HD. It isn't any different than any other channel. On uVerse, for example, we had BBC America for a long time in standard definition even though it was broadcast in HD. Enough people kept complaining and eventually, uVerse assigned it an HD channel and now it is shown in HD.

Just because a station broadcasts in HD doesn't mean providers will allot them a channel. I would hope TVG did some legwork beforehand to know it will happen pretty soon.

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Wow, i have a MUCH better picture on the fox affiliate than i do on actual TVG.

The fox affiliate is a second or two behind my TVG, but its a much better picture.

redshift1
04-04-2014, 04:26 PM

My guess is not all tracks have HD cameras on track so they will not be seen in HD no matter what TVG does. Explains the quality variance between feeds.

GMB@BP
04-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Until providers give TVG an HD channel, you won't get HD. It isn't any different than any other channel. On uVerse, for example, we had BBC America for a long time in standard definition even though it was broadcast in HD. Enough people kept complaining and eventually, uVerse assigned it an HD channel and now it is shown in HD.

Just because a station broadcasts in HD doesn't mean providers will allot them a channel. I would hope TVG did some legwork beforehand to know it will happen pretty soon.

Thanks, that is what I thought, welcome to the late 1990's as a HD early user.

cj
04-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Wow, i have a MUCH better picture on the fox affiliate than i do on actual TVG.

The fox affiliate is a second or two behind my TVG, but its a much better picture.

Well, yes, standard def vs HD. Like was mentioned, it won't matter much for the tracks that don't broadcast in HD.

pandy
04-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Tampa Bay looks like this

I'm shocked that they're showing the races like this, really bad. Made me switch to HRTV.

BettinBilly
04-04-2014, 06:44 PM

Fox Sports on Att U-Verse HD channel 1774 tonight from 6:00 to 7:30, TVG Trackside live. Well, at lease us U-Verse guys get a teaser.

SandyW
04-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Is this TVG nuts, are they going to keep cutting the screen in half when they show the races. It is unwatchable. We don't need a giant TVG logo on the screen during the race plus all the other junk in that box, I think that we all know what channel we are watching.

TVG's new era going backwards. :bang:

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Is this TVG nuts, are they going to keep cutting the screen in half when they show the races. It is unwatchable. We don't need a giant TVG logo on the screen during the race plus all the other junk in that box, I think that we all know what channel we are watching.

TVG's new era going backwards. :bang:

I have 4 large books blocking the bottom part of the screen because my eyes can't handle the constant flashing in the grid. I dont need a flashing grid, i have a computer and i can check odds and results on that, i dont need TVGs odds and results *thank them very much*

pandy
04-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Everyone should email them. I did. What good is a big screen TV if they block half the picture?

Those of you who are seeing it in HD, is it just the actual races? And is it all the tracks or just Santa Anita and Keeneland?

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Everyone should email them. I did. What good is a big screen TV if they block half the picture?

Those of you who are seeing it in HD, is it just the actual races? And is it all the tracks or just Santa Anita and Keeneland?

The bottom grid is unnecessary, EVERY. SINGLE. HORSEPLAYER. has a laptop or computer up running live odds and results, we don't need the screen blocked with graphics, we can get any result we want at the click of a mouse in 5 milliseconds, i know personally i would rather see full screen horses, especially since i DVR all these shows and refer back to them during future handicapping.

SandyW
04-04-2014, 07:45 PM
You can't make out the numbers at the Meadowlands with this new format.
Is this what we have to look forward to with these idiots at TVG.
You would think that the hosts would at the least explain what the hell is going on.

This is like watching TV in 1977.

SandyW
04-04-2014, 07:50 PM
My guess is not all tracks have HD cameras on track so they will not be seen in HD no matter what TVG does. Explains the quality variance between feeds.

Why can't they show full screen SD or HD ???

What is the problem ???

tanner12oz
04-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who can't see at meadowlands...it was already hard to decipher now its 50% smaller..this tvh product is NOT ready for primetime and hopefully we can these bugs out...its unwatchable in the current format

tanner12oz
04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
The bottom grid is unnecessary, EVERY. SINGLE. HORSEPLAYER. has a laptop or computer up running live odds and results, we don't need the screen blocked with graphics, we can get any result we want at the click of a mouse in 5 milliseconds, i know personally i would rather see full screen horses, especially since i DVR all these shows and refer back to them during future handicapping.

I like that we have a screen that says $5000 claimers that's the same size as the freaking race

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 08:00 PM
I like that we have a screen that says $5000 claimers that's the same size as the freaking race
:D

:(

What do you expect from people who don't think like horseplayers and don't know what horseplayers really want.

SandyW
04-04-2014, 08:02 PM
TVG's Handle will suffer if this keeps up, no doubt about it.
This was done because of Hong Kong.
If you don't have PP's like Equibase has, Hong Kong will be a non starter in the US.
It is 8:00 AM in Hong Kong now.
Does TVG expect us to stay up all night to bet races from Hong Kong ???
Uproot the whole system for a pie in the sky.

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Their format is geared for an HD channel, but TVG isnt an HD channel. The fox sports broadcast just ended, so i switched back to TVG and i'm watching Meadowlands, in small screen NOT in HD, so i'm not really sure what's happening, its just bad all the way around.

senortout
04-04-2014, 08:04 PM
If you have a track which has already installed hd cameras for in-house use, as does Keeneland, TVG wil be transmitting this signal. If they elect to bring even more hd equipment of their own to Keeneland, they will be sending clearer pictures of areas not covered by track managed equipment.

As to whether or not you see this razor sharp format..well, that will depend upon your carrier. In my case, for instance, the hd coverage of EVERY CHANNEL AVAILABLE TO ME is shown on my menu guide, alongside regular SD channel. And that's not yet been made available on my Dishnetwork set-up. However, if you want to set your tvs to 16/9 format, at least now you will not introduce stretch distortions on the signal from Keeneland, or Churchill in a few short weeks, (who also have HD cameras installed) And naturally, since the Ky Derby is broadcast on most everyones locale, that HD coverage is provided by NBC for the one event, and you will receive HD coverage for all the triple crown races thru your local networks and their cameras. The reason you now have a deteriorated view on other tracks is so they can maintain a semblance of order in their system. If they showed the races from those tracks full-screen and you'd already set your format to 16x9 the distortion would be quite obvious. This is a trade-off at best. Someone correct me on these points if they detect errors. Thanks for reading.

Why can't they show full screen SD or HD ???

What is the problem ???

SandyW
04-04-2014, 08:08 PM
If you have a track which has already installed hd cameras for in-house use, as does Keeneland, TVG wil be transmitting this signal. If they elect to bring even more hd equipment of their own to Keeneland, they will be sending clearer pictures of areas not covered by track managed equipment.

As to whether or not you see this razor sharp format..well, that will depend upon your carrier. In my case, for instance, the hd coverage of EVERY CHANNEL AVAILABLE TO ME is shown on my menu guide, alongside regular SD channel. And that's not yet been made available on my Dishnetwork set-up. However, if you want to set your tvs to 16/9 format, at least now you will not introduce stretch distortions on the signal from Keeneland, or Churchill in a few short weeks, (who also have HD cameras installed) And naturally, since the Ky Derby is broadcast on most everyones locale, that HD coverage is provided by NBC for the one event, and you will receive HD coverage for all the triple crown races thru your local networks and their cameras. The reason you now have a deteriorated view on other tracks is so they can maintain a semblance of order in their system. If they showed the races from those tracks full-screen and you'd already set your format to 16x9 the distortion would be quite obvious. This is a trade-off at best. Someone correct me on these points if they detect errors. Thanks for reading.

But why the 50% smaller picture at most racetracks ??

SandyW
04-04-2014, 08:20 PM

TVG refuses to answer anybodies e-mails.

A classless bunch of jerks.

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 08:28 PM
TVG refuses to answer anybodies e-mails.

A classless bunch of jerks.

The only person who ever answers e mails is Gino, Sarge and Rich Perloff. Anyone else, just ignores your e mail and you never hear from them. Gino is on tv right now, so maybe he will address your e mail: Mail@tvg.com

Give it a shot!

senortout
04-04-2014, 08:36 PM
As I mentioned, if you blow up the 4:3 picture into 16:9 the distortion on a full-track image would be quite noticeable..they have chosen to fill the screen to reduce distortion most likely.

But why the 50% smaller picture at most racetracks ??

tanner12oz
04-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm not a tv scientist I just want to watch a 55inch horse race on a 55 inch tv

redshift1
04-04-2014, 09:39 PM
I think it's a good start for TVG considering their dealing with different feeds from different tracks. Whatever complaints can be addressed in the future. Let's see what HRTV does with their broadcast.

Storm Cadet
04-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I just sent tvg a twitter message asking them how come they do not show NYRA races on DirecTv in hi def now that NYRA has a hi def feed!

Their only reply was to direct me with a link to the 2-3 hours a day they show hi def on those Fox Sports channels

wisconsin
04-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Sorry, TVG. You guys really don't get it. Most annoying night of watching ever. I don't inderstand. :ThmbDown:

pandy
04-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Sorry, TVG. You guys really don't get it. Most annoying night of watching ever. I don't inderstand. :ThmbDown:

It's puzzling. It can't be that they have no control over it. Obviously the producers made a decision to cut off 40% of the picture. Bizarre.

SandyW
04-04-2014, 10:31 PM
It's puzzling. It can't be that they have no control over it. Obviously the producers made a decision to cut off 40% of the picture. Bizarre.

I would rather watch full screen no matter what it looks like then suffer thru this video back step.

I sent emails to everybody including Gino and received zero answers to if this is going to be a permanent thing in our lives.

SandyW
04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Gino explained that TVG is trying to force the tracks that don't have HD to go out and buy the equipment needed for HD.

Good luck as I don't see any more tracks coming on board anytime soon.

When it come to spending money, most of these tracks will make the indian ride the buffalo before they spend a nickel to improve their product.

So it looks like we are going to be stuck with this format for the foreseeable future.

GMB@BP
04-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Gino explained that TVG is trying to force the tracks that don't have HD to go out and buy the equipment needed for HD.

When it come to spending money, most of these tracks will make the indian ride the buffalo before they spend a nickel to improve their product.

So it looks like we are going to be stuck with this format for the foreseeable future.

HD camera's are not crazy expensive, may not be cheap but were not talking millions of dollars here. What they need 1 or 2 cameras?

Why would you wan to present your sport in the best possible light, that makes sense and this is horse racing.

pandy
04-04-2014, 11:05 PM
But the Meadowlands announced that they are broadcasting in HD and the screen is blocked.

andtheyreoff
04-04-2014, 11:11 PM

No, not everyone has a computer going at the same time. HRTV doesn't have odds all the time and it drives me nuts. Best to keep the odds (and bring back the old screen).

duncan04
04-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Wow in the fourth race at Los Alamitos they had the race call while the horses were standing in the gate. :bang: I guess the ultimate tape delay??

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 11:20 PM
No, not everyone has a computer going at the same time. HRTV doesn't have odds all the time and it drives me nuts. Best to keep the odds (and bring back the old screen).

If you dont have a laptop running live odds, video streaming and results at the click of a mouse, you're the only one and i dont think TVG should be catering to people living in the stone age. If 99% of their customers have odds and results at the tip of a finger, i think the fair thing to do would be to show the actual races and if you don't have results or odds, that's on you.

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 11:23 PM

Today was a clown show, "americas" horse racing network acted like they didnt know horses have 4 legs.

Its one thing to make a small screen, its quite another to make the small screen and essentially make the other part of the screen blank. Who cares about the race conditions, we all have those in our PPs

Totally agree with the comment of "bizarre".

andtheyreoff
04-04-2014, 11:40 PM
If you dont have a laptop running live odds, video streaming and results at the click of a mouse, you're the only one and i dont think TVG should be catering to people living in the stone age. If 99% of their customers have odds and results at the tip of a finger, i think the fair thing to do would be to show the actual races and if you don't have results or odds, that's on you.

Still, shouldn't the option be there for the customer in a state without ADWs, or whose computer isn't working? You're being quite shortsighted and presumptous here.

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 11:49 PM
Still, shouldn't the option be there for the customer in a state without ADWs, or whose computer isn't working? You're being quite shortsighted and presumptous here.

Do you think its fair that TVG should cater to those who have computer issues? This is 2014, how many serious bettors are watching tvg or HRTV without their laptop open and logged into their ADW while having the live stream of the track they are following front and center?

thespaah
04-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Should you decide to move forward with Dish and you have any questions, feel free to ask. Or you may PM me.
I was a Dish and Directv tech for 12 years.

Stillriledup
04-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Should you decide to move forward with Dish and you have any questions, feel free to ask. Or you may PM me.

I have Directv and when i hit "previous channel" it seems to take "forever" to switch.....the "lag" time got longer as time wore on...is this something a tech can fix if he pays a house call?

JustRalph
04-05-2014, 07:52 AM
I have Directv and when i hit "previous channel" it seems to take "forever" to switch.....the "lag" time got longer as time wore on...is this something a tech can fix if he pays a house call?

Turn the unit off for an hour and see if it does it after it cools.

Sometimes this is a symptom of overheat

upthecreek
04-05-2014, 07:57 AM
TVG posted the question on twitter asking for any complaints So I tweeted the items mentioned here and also told them to check out the PA forum( I doubt they will)

Also I dont like the new color scheme on the results ticker-it makes it harder to make out the track,wager and prices?

If this took them a year to get ready,maybe they should have taken 2 years!

tanner12oz
04-05-2014, 08:12 AM

if tvg thinks tracks like will Rogers and fort Erie will ever be getting hd then they need their head examined...the game is dying...75% of tracks won't replace a light bulb let alone change there signal....tvg playing a game of chicken where the customer loses

Tom
04-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Turn the unit off for an hour and see if it does it after it cools.

Sometimes this is a symptom of overheat

I have this on TWC - have to reboot the box literally every day - sometimes twice.

cj
04-05-2014, 10:58 AM

Thanks, appreciate it.

Storm Cadet
04-05-2014, 11:37 AM
I would rather watch the hi def feed from NYRA on my computer or tablet than to watch the non HD picture TVG shows on my HDtTV...

Clocker
04-05-2014, 01:03 PM
They're still blocking the picture today, just watched the first at Tampa.

I saw it too. I noticed that the video from Tampa is 4x3 format, so it appears that they are using the box on the left to fill in the 16x9 screen, rather than put black bars on the sides. I think that would be better, at least the picture would be in the center of the screen.

Oops, the Aqueduct video is 16x9, and they are putting the box there too. HRTV is showing it full screen, and it is not nearly as sharp as it is on TVG.

pandy
04-05-2014, 01:06 PM
They're still blocking the picture today, just watched the first at Tampa. Good thing I have HRTV.

PhantomOnTour
04-05-2014, 01:09 PM
They're still blocking the picture today, just watched the first at Tampa. Good thing I have HRTV.
Same here.
The HRTV picture isn't as good but at least it's full screen.

How long can TVG keep this up?
They've got to be getting hammered over this.

Clocker
04-05-2014, 01:24 PM

I doubt anything can be changed over the week-end. The suits will have to do studies and write memos and have meetings about it starting Monday morning.

BettinBilly
04-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Since U-Verse does not carry TVG, I end up watching HRTV. At least they provide this channel. But it's SD.

Does anyone have this in High Def? I'm not sure it's available anywhere in HD. Doesn't look like it from what I can find Online, but just putting the question out there.

-Billy

Stillriledup
04-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Same here.
The HRTV picture isn't as good but at least it's full screen.

Its incredible. I'm watching the 5th from Big A now and its a small screen and the picture is awful, nothing even close to HD.

But, this is to be expected from the racing industry, make a big overhaul, make lots of changes, but make it worse. If i'm going to watch a little screen, i may as well just watch my laptop.

cj
04-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Since U-Verse does not carry TVG, I end up watching HRTV. At least they provide this channel. But it's SD.

Does anyone have this in High Def? I'm not sure it's available anywhere in HD. Doesn't look like it from what I can find Online, but just putting the question out there.

-Billy

HRTV is not broadcast in HD.

Tom
04-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Thank God it's not - TVG is un-watchable.
Even the races are like cartoons, not all like real life. And the whole thing keeps pixelating out. Can't read any of the graphic, including the odds, unless I am right up in front of the screen.

Giant step backwards IMHO.......now I need the mute button for the on-air idiots and the off button for the picture. :bang:

I miss YouBet.

Stillriledup
04-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Thank God it's not - TVG is un-watchable.
Even the races are like cartoons, not all like real life. And the whole thing keeps pixelating out. Can't read any of the graphic, including the odds, unless I am right up in front of the screen.

Giant step backwards IMHO.......now I need the mute button for the on-air idiots and the off button for the picture. :bang:

I miss YouBet.

They just showed a very annoying shot of a jockeys head bobbing up and down, i had to turn away from the screen because it was giving me a headache and bothering my eyes.

MAKE IT STOP TOM MAKE IT STOP!@!!!!!!!! :bang:

Tom
04-05-2014, 05:12 PM
The people look like the Coneheads.
I stopped watching it completely.
Now I know who designed the DRF website! :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
04-05-2014, 06:55 PM
They're putting up the wrong payouts too, every race, they're putting up a 2 dollar exa price when they're showing the 1 dollar price.

ronsmac
04-05-2014, 07:12 PM
My provider doesn't have tvg as an hd channel, so it's not going to benefit me.

thespaah
04-05-2014, 10:32 PM
The only thing I can think of is processor lag due thr had drive.
If you have several hours of recordings saved, this can slow response time.
Note the operative 'hard drive'...
A DVR is like a computer. The more info the hard drive has to search through, the longer the processor takes to obey the command.
If there are just a few hours( remember HD recordings take up to 7 times the space of standard def) then the possibility is the thing is simply wearing out.
1. if in the event of lots of recordings, dump them.
2. If you don't have a lot of recordings stored, try a hard reboot.
....Unplug the receiver for about a minute. Plug it back in and let it reset.
3. If the receiver is perhaps more than two years old it's on it's way out. Then you may want to call Directv to get a tech out.
Or, you can just tell them the receiver is working "intermittently"...That could get you an upgraded model.
What is the model number of your receiver?

Stillriledup
04-05-2014, 11:27 PM
The only thing I can think of is processor lag due thr had drive.
If you have several hours of recordings saved, this can slow response time.
Note the operative 'hard drive'...
A DVR is like a computer. The more info the hard drive has to search through, the longer the processor takes to obey the command.
If there are just a few hours( remember HD recordings take up to 7 times the space of standard def) then the possibility is the thing is simply wearing out.
1. if in the event of lots of recordings, dump them.
2. If you don't have a lot of recordings stored, try a hard reboot.
....Unplug the receiver for about a minute. Plug it back in and let it reset.
3. If the receiver is perhaps more than two years old it's on it's way out. Then you may want to call Directv to get a tech out.
Or, you can just tell them the receiver is working "intermittently"...That could get you an upgraded model.
What is the model number of your receiver?

Wow, awesome, thanks for the info. I have a ton of stuff recorded, i have like 15% remaining, but i need all that stuff (lol) so i'd rather have slow response time than erase all of it. My DVR is OLD, ..the model number is: HR22-100 and it was made in Sept of 2008.

:(

dirty moose
04-06-2014, 12:51 AM
I don't see this chan, I'm in nyc and have FIOS. Am I missing something?

tzipi
04-06-2014, 01:00 AM

You get it if you have the "Ultimate HD package". If not, you have to pay extra for it.

dirty moose
04-06-2014, 01:07 AM
You get it if you have the "Ultimate HD package". If not, you have to pay extra for it.

What chan is it? Thanks

tzipi
04-06-2014, 01:09 AM
What chan is it? Thanks

fmolf
04-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Tvg does not care about nyra or any other racing entity or track that does not grant them exclusivity.The exception are the California tracks,I will be watching HRTV a lot more now and following their tracks in the future.I belive this will work itself out as the larger tracks begin to purchase HD equiptment to send out their signal with.This of course will take time!

pandy
04-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Yesterday they still had the dreaded box (on Wood Memorial day) for Aqueduct but they did away with it for the Meadowlands.

Tom
04-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Head aches.

Clocker
04-06-2014, 12:50 PM
More TVG problems today. No sound from Tampa Bay, not even the call of the race. They do have sound from Keeneland for the little feature stories with the motion sickness inducing helmet cam.

cj
04-06-2014, 12:55 PM
More TVG problems today. No sound from Tampa Bay, not even the call of the race. They do have sound from Keeneland for the little feature stories with the motion sickness inducing helmet cam.

No sound from Tampa is a problem?

Clocker
04-06-2014, 12:59 PM
No sound from Tampa is a problem?

So I'd rather watch a horse race in Tampa than a helmet cam on an exercise rider in Keeneland. There's no accounting for taste.

dirty moose
04-06-2014, 01:10 PM

That's just TVG, I'm still looking for the HD chan.

Ocala Mike
04-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Has anyone but me noticed that their "crawl" showing the results from Keeneland (and possibly other tracks) is incorrect with regard to the exacta prices?

For example, in today's 1st race they had the 5/6 exacta paying $12.80 for $2, while that is actually the $1 price.

I sent them an e-mail about it, but it hasn't been fixed yet, I don't think.

tzipi
04-06-2014, 02:15 PM
That's just TVG, I'm still looking for the HD chan.

Could be wrong, but I don't think FIOS has TVG in HD.

SandyW
04-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Has anyone but me noticed that their "crawl" showing the results from Keeneland (and possibly other tracks) is incorrect with regard to the exacta prices?

For example, in today's 1st race they had the 5/6 exacta paying $12.80 for $2, while that is actually the $1 price.

I sent them an e-mail about it, but it hasn't been fixed yet, I don't think.

Does TVG really care about this ???

If they did care it would be fixed by now.

Stillriledup
04-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Does TVG really care about this ???

If they did care it would be fixed by now.
this has been going on for days now.

Tall One
04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
DirecTV subscriber here, and those who have Dish and at least the OPTION to watch HRTV instead....i envy you. Xpressbet member in good standing so my solution is run an HD cord from the laptop too my 55" screen and watch the races from the on-track feed from whichever track I'm playing.

Tom
04-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Seriously, what idiot thought that taking away half the screen to post incorrect graphics instead of the race itself was good idea?

And what idiot hasn't fired him yet?

With TVG, it has always been about the air-talking heads, not the racing.
MPO, they can't hold a candle to the HRTV team.

Stillriledup
04-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Seriously, what idiot thought that taking away half the screen to post incorrect graphics instead of the race itself was good idea?

And what idiot hasn't fired him yet?

With TVG, it has always been about the air-talking heads, not the racing.
MPO, they can't hold a candle to the HRTV team.

And, when you criticize their 'releasing' of 'talent tickets' people say "well, they're just doing their jobs".

I was asking very nicely in another thread about them providing an ROI for the "talent" tickets and people kind of poo poo'd the idea essentially saying nobody cares. Now, they have the 'back door' stuff where you have to be a TVG member or paying customer in order to see Todd or Simons tickets..isnt that a hoot?

And yes, the graphics were driving me crazy, and then they eventually fixed it, but had it wrong for so long, i didnt know what to believe....i had to look carefully at the price and try and do the math to figure out if what they're posting is correct or not.

SandyW
04-18-2014, 01:51 PM
How long are the idiots at TVG going to keep cutting off 1/3 of the screen from some of the tracks?
When will they put the viewers first?

Tom
04-18-2014, 05:17 PM
It is TVG.....never!

Even when the screen is not filled with BS stuff, the picture is horrible.
Did DRF buy TVG?

Stillriledup
04-18-2014, 06:08 PM
For some reason, the TVG channel (602 on Directv) is NOT an hd channel, that's probably on Directv or whatever carrier you currently have.

Its anyone's guess as to why.

Dave Schwartz
04-18-2014, 07:28 PM

Clocker,

That may be a setting on your TV as mine fills the screen completely.

BTW, there are two Keeneland channels listed. Perhaps one is HD?

Tom
04-19-2014, 06:45 PM
My god, this talking head they have on for the ill Derby coverage is the absolute worst I have ever heard anywhere. He hasn't shut his mouth or taken a breath in over 20 minutes! he talks fast - is marijuana legal in Illinois now?
Non stop babble and hasn't said a word.

Pretty bad when you have 3 guys and Paulie looks like the smart one!

Good thing Chuck Town is on HRTV tonight....I could take another race from this bunch.