PDA

View Full Version : NYRA-HD on Roku

garyoz
04-04-2014, 12:36 PM
The video feed is gorgeous.

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/the-new-york-racing-association-launches-roku-hd-channel-giveaway-planned-for-saturday-april-5/

JustRalph
04-04-2014, 01:23 PM
You have to be a rewards customer?

Why?

garyoz
04-04-2014, 01:36 PM
You have to be a rewards customer?

Why?

I have no idea. In fact I didn't know the CT residents could open an account until I looked at the web site when I was reading the press release. Opened an account today and sent a check to fund it. Only NY residents can bet on the Internet--others have to use phone wagering.

It had to buffer twice in the first hour for maybe one or two seconds, but other than that has been flawless. I know it is a Beta version.

JimG
04-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Can one apply for an account from another state that has horse race account betting just so that we can get the station on a roku? Since I already use a Roku, this would be a nice addition. Wish HRTV would add their site to the Roku as well.

Jim

garyoz
04-08-2014, 03:24 PM
I agree that ROKU is an excellent distribution medium for high def racing. On Saturday I heard the CEO for NYRA say that the NYRA-HD would be available to racing fans across the country. I assume that NYRA-HD beta will be expanded. Kudos to NYRA and let's hope they expand to their universe of players.

WJ47
04-08-2014, 07:42 PM
I love it, beautiful and crystal clear. It's still buggy though, went down 3x during the running of the Wood. I think it's going to be awesome for Belmont and Saratoga! :)

garyoz
04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
I didn't experience any bugs on Wood day. But tonight with their simulcast schedule there are buffering problems, plus what appears to be satellite issues with the feed. It is in a beta version.

I agree, can't wait for Belmont and The SPA in high def. I would guess they are going to do a broader launch of the service this summer.

As an aside, I do think HRTV should go to Roku. Their programming is actually not bad. I have an online subscription so watch them on occasion (they aren't on my cable system--TVG is--but that's another story).

SansuiSC
04-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Cant get it to work on my Roku. No place to enter code. :confused:
Beta is Beta, I'll wait for a finished product.
The HD video is great on my laptop through Rewards account though.

SansuiSC
04-09-2014, 02:32 AM
Can one apply for an account from another state that has horse race account betting just so that we can get the station on a roku? Since I already use a Roku, this would be a nice addition. Wish HRTV would add their site to the Roku as well.

Jim
WDTV live offers HRTV for around $5/month.
The NYRA feed is for it's customers for free.