PDA

View Full Version : Danny Holmes

Valuist
04-03-2014, 02:36 PM
In the interview area, there's an interview with Danny Holmes. Who is he? I've been following the game for over 30 years and I've never heard of him. Did he have some type of software?

Overlay
04-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Whatever other credits he may have, he's the author of a handicapping book called Ten Steps to Winning (http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Steps-Winning-Professional-Selecting/dp/0897091728). (I don't know whether there's companion software based on the book, or not.)

Overlay
04-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Also, here's a link from the interview thread to a PaceAdvantage post:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3837

(I had not realized that Mr. Holmes was deceased. I apologize for that oversight.)

v j stauffer
04-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Danny and I hosted the Handicapping Seminar at the Sonoma County Fair ( Santa Rosa ) for about 10 years. 1995 to 2005 ish. Good guy. RIP

Capper Al
04-04-2014, 07:56 AM
I was fortunate to have interviewed Danny with my friend turfway ed. Mr. Holmes truly was a capper that shared his knowledge freely and helped other handicappers grow. He was a good teacher of the game. His book, Ten Steps to Winning, is highly recommended for the novice player wanting to make the move to becoming an intermediate level player or simply a good review for the advanced player. His money management is the best and most practical in print.

WATT Wizard
04-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Liberty Publishing Company, Inc. published Danny Holmes' book TEN STEPS TO WINNING many years ago. Very good handicapper. Every handicapping book has a diamond in it. His was the "Class maiden closest to the wire" rule.

LPC publishes many e-books on handicapping (probably the largest list in the industry) and is considering publishing his book in e-book format but has been unable to contact his widow to be sure the original contract is in good stead. She would receive the royalty benefits from his work.