PDA

View Full Version : Again!

Tom
04-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Another Fort hood shooting.
And more phony tears from Obama.

If the POS GAS, he would be making sure the victims of the first shooting got the benefits they have been robbed of by his lying administration pushing a political agenda about the well being of our troops.

What a scumbag he is.

Marshall Bennett
04-03-2014, 10:24 AM
There were all kinds of red flags surrounding the shooter (scumbag-coward). Apparently, as with most cases like this, the people closest to the perpetrator either don't want to get involved or simply don't care. It's sickening that it keeps happening more and more and nothing's being done to address what's become a serious problem. No Tom, Obama doesn't care and yes, he's part of the problem.
Until the proper authority begins to get serious, just chalk it up to another military nutcase allowed to run lose and destroy lives. The asshole was in Iraq for four months, why did he wait till he came home to unleash his madness?

DJofSD
04-03-2014, 11:33 AM
There were all kinds of red flags surrounding the shooter (scumbag-coward). Apparently, as with most cases like this, the people closest to the perpetrator either don't want to get involved or simply don't care. It's sickening that it keeps happening more and more and nothing's being done to address what's become a serious problem. No Tom, Obama doesn't care and yes, he's part of the problem.
Until the proper authority begins to get serious, just chalk it up to another military nutcase allowed to run lose and destroy lives. The asshole was in Iraq for four months, why did he wait till he came home to unleash his madness?
I watched the breaking news coverage last night.

Obviously, there has been more information made available since then, so, can you expand on what authorities failed and what they could have done differently or better?

As I understand it, the weapon used was legally purchased. However, what is not known to me is how it got onto the base past the sentries.

Marshall Bennett
04-03-2014, 12:10 PM
I have no information other that what I heard on the news when I got up this morning. They said lots of red flags surrounding his mental condition were present, also that he was being treated for mental illness.
Authorities I refer to would be those overseeing both his condition and military status. It's been addressed all morning on news networks. I don't believe I should have to post links and sources to verify anything.

DJofSD
04-03-2014, 12:17 PM
So basically you're repeating the speculations of the media.

What the general stated during the press conference was the dead shooter was being treated for PTSD. Very little else was told the press about the shooter -- he was male, the local law official that was involved was a female and he died of a self-inflicted gun shot.

Red flags is nothing but red meat.

DJofSD
04-03-2014, 12:26 PM
More info: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-02/shootings-reported-at-texas-s-fort-hood-with-casualties.html

JustRalph
04-03-2014, 12:48 PM
The sentries don't check cars, they don't check people. It's an honor system.

If you have a sticker in the right place on your window, you get in. Positive control of the stickers etc is what they rely on. Been like that forever. They do randomly pull cars out, search them etc. but 90% get a waive through the gate unless they are in lockdown or in an excercise

There is no way to stop this stuff if somebody really wants to kill. They can do it. Response times to these issues is the only way to cut down the threat. Allowing more armed personnel might make a difference, as a deterrent. This guy takes a few rounds from the MP's his way and decides it's over. Typical. Too bad somebody wasn't firing back at him sooner.

NJ Stinks
04-03-2014, 04:30 PM
No Tom, Obama doesn't care and yes, he's part of the problem.

What exactly has given you guys the impression Obama doesn't care and is part of the problem?

I look forward to your response.

incoming
04-03-2014, 05:11 PM
What exactly has given you guys the impression Obama doesn't care and is part of the problem?

I would start with Benghazigate.

fast4522
04-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Not the same story but a very troubling time our country is having. . . .

"At least 22 veterans commit suicide each day"

DEFENSE How Can Government Battle a 'Suicide Epidemic' Among Veterans?

http://www.nationaljournal.com/defense/how-can-government-battle-a-suicide-epidemic-among-veterans-20140403

fast4522
04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
I would start with Benghazigate.

Good point!

NJ Stinks
04-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Not the same story but a very troubling time our country is having. . . .

"At least 22 veterans commit suicide each day"

DEFENSE How Can Government Battle a 'Suicide Epidemic' Among Veterans?

http://www.nationaljournal.com/defense/how-can-government-battle-a-suicide-epidemic-among-veterans-20140403

I had no idea, Fast, the numbers are staggering.

From Fast's article:

At least 22 veterans commit suicide each day, according to the Veterans Affairs Department. This adds up to more than 2,000 veterans killing themselves so far this year alone, and the military community is facing what advocates refer to as a suicide epidemic.

Rookies
04-03-2014, 09:20 PM
I had no idea, Fast, the numbers are staggering.

From Fast's article:

At least 22 veterans commit suicide each day, according to the Veterans Affairs Department. This adds up to more than 2,000 veterans killing themselves so far this year alone, and the military community is facing what advocates refer to as a suicide epidemic.

Is this a dramatic increase? I would take it that it is.

And how is someone taking anti-psychotics and being treated for PTSD able to buy guns?

Tom
04-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

Because he will not classify the first Ft Hood shooting as a terrorist attack. By calling it workplace violence, he denies the victims and their families many benefits. But this way, he gets to once again gloss over terrorism and not have to face reality that a real attack has taken place. It is politics, and the price is paid by people who do not matter to him - our military.

The man is a scumbag. And a huge phony.

JustRalph
04-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Is this a dramatic increase? I would take it that it is.

And how is someone taking anti-psychotics and being treated for PTSD able to buy guns?

It's an increase, but not dramatic. Lots of data out there. Google it. The problem with the data is that it uses such a broad scope that includes all age groups, vets from every single war, and other factors to paint a very discordant picture.

One reason it's high is that males between 20-25 yrs old make up a huge part of the military. They are also a group that commit suicide more often. Depending what numbers you use, age, race, physically ill, mentally ill, injured on duty vs non injured, combat vets vs non combat vets, it gets quite murky. Splitting the groups up is hard, because you have to decide where to draw the liunes.

Thousands of articles by the press using the overall numbers to inflame, sell papers and make the military look bad. I've read about ten different groups opinions on it and I really don't know who to believe.......it's tough. Look online, lots of info. Lots of stuff repeated over and over. It appears that there is an increase, but not a dramatic one, depending the groups you use.

As to your second question, it's against the law in the US to share someone's medical records. Even with the local gun store..........

fast4522
04-04-2014, 08:04 AM
There is a link that goes way back to June 6, 1944 at Omaha Beach, on that day the United States military understood that it was not natural even after basic training for humans to kill. Changes to basic training would include and not limited to brainwashing to alter a percentage (15% to 17%) that would not kill even facing death themselves. Our military personnel have been guinea pigs from that time on, psychological and required injections for a host of elements that may harm them in the combat environment. Today it is well understood that non military American gun owners have that same (15% to 17%) that will not kill even when confronted with dire circumstances. The point being made is that they are real good at altering that human psychological percentage so there is no hesitation or unwillingness, there is a dark side perhaps not mentioned.