PDA

View Full Version : DeJean Jackson

NJ Stinks
04-02-2014, 05:58 PM
How much baggage does this guy carry?

It must be staggering considering these three items:

1. Last year Jackson (age 27) had 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns on 82 catches. That does not include running back punts when the team needed a big return. That he was released and the Eagles got nothing in return seems almost impossible.

2. The Eagles also dumped the two guys who were supposedly closest to DeJean on the team - namely Michael Vick and and Jason Avant.

3. Not one Eagle still on the team has publicly questioned the move or even said Jackson will be missed as far as I can tell.

ManU918
04-02-2014, 06:09 PM
How much baggage does this guy carry?

It must be staggering considering these three items:

1. Last year Jackson (age 27) had 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns on 82 catches. That does not include running back punts when the team needed a big return. That he was released and the Eagles got nothing in return seems almost impossible.

2. The Eagles also dumped the two guys who were supposedly closest to DeJean on the team - namely Michael Vick and and Jason Avant.

3. Not one Eagle still on the team has publicly questioned the move or even said Jackson will be missed as far as I can tell.

It comes down to Chip Kelly not wanting him in his locker room. That's it. As far as Vick and Avant go... they were never returning in 2014 regardless of their affiliation with Jackson.

People think that there is "more to the story" like there is all of a sudden going to be a murder or some sort of crime linked to Jackson... That's not the case at all. This is all Chip Kelly.

Also, notice how not one team in the NFL even bothered offering anything for Jackson and the one team who did sign him was Washington... No surprise there. Snyder will sign anyone. There was supposedly a mystery team in the mix but I highly doubt that. You said it... No one on the team is saying anything because they know how the previous years have been with Jackson in the locker room.... It's a huge relief for them.

horses4courses
04-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Snyder will sign anyone.

Ain't that the truth? :lol:
The Redskins franchise summed up in one small sentence. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
04-02-2014, 07:14 PM
It comes down to Chip Kelly not wanting him in his locker room. That's it. As far as Vick and Avant go... they were never returning in 2014 regardless of their affiliation with Jackson.

People think that there is "more to the story" like there is all of a sudden going to be a murder or some sort of crime linked to Jackson... That's not the case at all. This is all Chip Kelly.

Also, notice how not one team in the NFL even bothered offering anything for Jackson and the one team who did sign him was Washington... No surprise there. Snyder will sign anyone. There was supposedly a mystery team in the mix but I highly doubt that. You said it... No one on the team is saying anything because they know how the previous years have been with Jackson in the locker room.... It's a huge relief for them.

I agree with your first two points but the third I'm not so sure. Several insiders said several teams were interested in him and the contract he got is indicative that there was some competition. Not saying Snyder isn't known to throw stupid money at questionable players but that contract seems aggressive even for him given a known commodity.

Robert Fischer
04-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I figure Kelly thinks he can get 80 catches of production for far less than $10 million.

Jackson is an exciting player, but he's pretty much a finesse guy. He was also more a 60 catch guy than an 80 catch guy before Chip Kelly came in and transformed the offense.

Kelly can get a fast WR or two, and something like a good defensive role player for $10 million or less.

I doubt Kelly will have trouble putting together a good passing team.

cj's dad
04-03-2014, 12:57 AM
Jackson is one of a majority of players in the NFL who have more money and publicity than they can handle. Is he a gang member ? who konows. The NFL apparently thinks he is; the Eagles would not trade him because in their opinion he is damaged goods.

Few want to face the fact that the NFL is populated by those of a thug mentality. It is happening on a regular basis. Assault (Ray Rice) drugs (multiple offenders), murder (Ray Carrouth). The NFL will never clamp down on the players for one reason-- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ManU918
04-03-2014, 06:59 AM
The NFL apparently thinks he is; the Eagles would not trade him because in their opinion he is damaged goods.

If the NFL thought he was a gang member he wouldn't be playing in the league.... And the Eagles tried trading him to every team in the NFL but there were no takers. They started trying at the combine and the talks with teams went until the end of the owners meetings. No takers.

horses4courses
04-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Close ties to known gang members in LA?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/source-lapd-confirms-jacksons-gang-ties-49ers-raiders?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

RaceBookJoe
04-03-2014, 12:53 PM
I agree with your first two points but the third I'm not so sure. Several insiders said several teams were interested in him and the contract he got is indicative that there was some competition. Not saying Snyder isn't known to throw stupid money at questionable players but that contract seems aggressive even for him given a known commodity.

As the only? resident Redskin fan here, I actually think the contract was decent. Snyder has made some dumb moves, but he really hasn't been in the equation in a couple years. The problem with Snyder is he gave some massive $ to utter failures, but there had been some really good free agents brought in...none leading to a championship but some good players regardless. Being cut so late also knocked out a few teams cap-wise, ie Chiefs/Reid would have taken him but they have cap issues. Im sure Dallas would have loved him, but they are in cap hell. 49ers would have been a logical landing spot, but Kap is rumored to be looking for $18-20M/yr soon. Best thing for 'Skins is that they get a proven pro-bowler while taking one away from an nfc east team. Im not saying the 'Skins are front runners now, but they are close to Philly than they were last year.

PhantomOnTour
04-03-2014, 01:09 PM
DeJean ?

TJDave
04-03-2014, 01:38 PM
DeJean ?

It's French for Levi.