PDA

View Full Version : Obama got bin Laden and Bush had nothing to do with it.

mostpost
04-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Ever since bin Laden was killed in his compound in Pakistan, Republicans and their minions on this Forum have been claiming that it was all possible because of information obtained using enhanced interrogation techniques authorized by George W. Bush. That turns out to be untrue. Not only is it untrue, but the CIA lied about and conflated information about interrogations in order to make their methods seem more effective than they actually were.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/cia-misled-on-interrogation-program-senate-report-says/2014/03/31/eb75a82a-b8dd-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html
From the report:
A report by the Senate Intelligence Committee concludes that the CIA misled the government and the public about aspects of its brutal interrogation program for years — concealing details about the severity of its methods, overstating the significance of plots and prisoners, and taking credit for critical pieces of intelligence that detainees had in fact surrendered before they were subjected to harsh techniques.

“The CIA described [its program] repeatedly both to the Department of Justice and eventually to Congress as getting unique, otherwise unobtainable intelligence that helped disrupt terrorist plots and save thousands of lives,” said one U.S. official briefed on the report. “Was that actually true? The answer is no.”

In the case of bin Laden the claim was made that Hassan Ghul revealed the code name of bin Laden's top courier as a result of enhanced interrogation including waterboarding.

According to the report: Ghul disclosed that detail while being interrogated by Kurdish authorities in northern Iraq who posed questions scripted by CIA analysts. The information from that period was subsequently conflated with lesser intelligence gathered from Ghul at a secret CIA prison in Romania, officials said.

That is just one example according to those who have been briefed on the report from the Senate Intelligence. The conclusions are that the CIA took credit for information obtained by other means and by other agencies. That the enhanced techniques, including waterboarding were ineffective in obtaining new and relevant information and that the CIA used methods well beyond those authorized by superiors.

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2014, 02:16 AM
I think we should go back to ticking their feet with a feather and having virgins feed them grapes by hand.

That ought to get the info out of them...enough of this silly bullying...

Bullying is so out of style anyway these days... :rolleyes:

davew
04-01-2014, 02:42 AM
I agree it was all Barack Osama

I watched Zero Dark Thirty and Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden. The progres and investigation was pretty much dead until dems took over, added resources and finished failed Bush attempt. Whats up with the lady writing a book with all that gibberish?

Barack just called some of his worldwide friends and said the US is really disappointed in what that Osama guy did. Could you let me know if you see him... done deal, diplomacy at it best.

reckless
04-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Obama put our economy into the tank.

Obama also destroyed the future of this once great country.

Obama made the United States a third-rate military power.

Obama has treated our terrorists enemies with more respect than he has our allies.

And, Obama is also responsible for the USA losing its standing as a beacon of hope, decency and democracy for every single person around the world.

And Bush had nothing to do with it.

Tom
04-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Here here!!
BTW, mostie is wrong.
But what else is new?

HUSKER55
04-01-2014, 10:15 AM
hey Tom,

imagine that you HAVE to go into battle and BO is leading the charge...

tucker6
04-01-2014, 10:22 AM
hey Tom,

I do not want to be a frenchman.

FantasticDan
04-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Obama put our economy into the tank.
Obama also destroyed the future of this once great country.
Obama made the United States a third-rate military power.
Obama has treated our terrorists enemies with more respect than he has our allies.
And, Obama is also responsible for the USA losing its standing as a beacon of hope,
decency and democracy for every single person around the world.
FiC2Y25rC1k

mostpost
04-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Here here!!
BTW, mostie is wrong.
But what else is new?
The phrase is hear, hear as in everyone should hear what that guy is saying.
Here, here is what you say when you are calling your dog.

horses4courses
04-01-2014, 11:16 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mostpost
04-01-2014, 11:17 AM
I think we should go back to ticking their feet with a feather and having virgins feed them grapes by hand.

That ought to get the info out of them...enough of this silly bullying...

Bullying is so out of style anyway these days... :rolleyes:
In spite of your phony machismo, it is well established that torture is the least effective way of obtaining information. A skilled interrogator knows how to establish a rapport and trust with a detainee. That is where you get your most valuable information. The FBI does it in domestic crimes. The police do it locally.

When the police use torture as John Burge did years ago here in Chicago, you end up with a lot of innocent people going to jail. You also end up with a lot of guilty people out on the street.

mostpost
04-01-2014, 11:19 AM
hey Tom,

I'm having difficulty imagining Tom going into battle. Om my God, it's the Barcalounger brigade.

woodtoo
04-01-2014, 11:22 AM
You should see the looks I get when I call my dog.

Taxi!!! Taxi!!!! :p

HUSKER55
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
so mosty, you would have no problem following BO like the charge of the light brigade?

Tom
04-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Here, here!
Get yer BS here!
mostie has a big spoon and he's dishing it out!

Clocker
04-01-2014, 12:59 PM

And look who answered the call. :p

JustRalph
04-01-2014, 01:58 PM
If I had backed this loser, I might be inclined to dig deep to find something to brag about.........

Especially after the entire world writing articles about how weak he is. Children laughing at him in Iran. Etc etc.......

Give Mosties a break, this is the one thing they can hang their hats on.....

chrisl
04-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Mostie is an expert on interrogation. Wow he is so smart. I want to be a postman so I can be all knowing. I guess if you have touched some mail going to the CIA you must be a secrete agent.

Tom
04-01-2014, 02:59 PM
He's not a trained interrogator, but he stayed at a Holiday Inn and read their mail. :lol:

reckless
04-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Am I on your ignore list, my dear fellow comrade, Mostpost?

::sniff, sniff:: ... ::sniff, sniff::

I am near tears; almost beside myself... Not real sure if I can handle all this.

I showed you the courtesy of responding to your post that started this thread ... didn't call you a dope, a leftie, or even a government employee.

Some of our friends here also contributed to the thread. And what did you do?? You responded to each and every one of them while totally ignoring me!!

What did I ever do to you, mostie? ::sniff, sniff::

This saddens me... I must go now... right now!

I can't handle this rejection. Don't you know that I have feelings too, mostie??

::sniff, sniff::

PS: And Bush had nothing to do with it.

thaskalos
04-01-2014, 03:57 PM
And, Obama is also responsible for the USA losing its standing as a beacon of hope, decency and democracy for every single person around the world.

And Bush had nothing to do with it.

I have not read enough of your posts to know how good your sense of humor is...so I cannot properly assess your comment here.

BUSH had nothing to do with "the USA losing its standing as a beacon of hope, decency and democracy for every single person around the world"?

It's got to be a joke...right?

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Here, here is what you say when you are calling your dog.That was a dick move.

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
In spite of your phony machismo, it is well established that torture is the least effective way of obtaining information. A skilled interrogator knows how to establish a rapport and trust with a detainee. That is where you get your most valuable information. The FBI does it in domestic crimes. The police do it locally.

When the police use torture as John Burge did years ago here in Chicago, you end up with a lot of innocent people going to jail. You also end up with a lot of guilty people out on the street.What machismo? What the hell are you talking about?

Where in that post did I advocate for machismo? I said to tickle their feet and feed them grapes by the virgin's hand! :lol: :lol:

Can't get any less macho than that Mr. Spell Checker.

JustRalph
04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
" A skilled interrogator knows how to establish a rapport and trust with a detainee. That is where you get your most valuable information. The FBI does it in domestic crimes. The police do it locally. "

I guess it's official. Working for the post office makes you an expert on interrogation

There are days surreal isn't a big enough word

newtothegame
04-01-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm having difficulty imagining Tom going into battle. Om my God, it's the Barcalounger brigade.

For someone who is the resident spell checker .......I just can't seem to see the chanting of a mystical syllable necessary in here.......:bang:
Then again, that's just me....:lol:

mostpost
04-01-2014, 06:32 PM
For someone who is the resident spell checker .......I just can't seem to see the chanting of a mystical syllable necessary in here.......:bang:
Then again, that's just me....:lol:
Don't tell me you have never heard of the great god, OM.
Shocking.

mostpost
04-01-2014, 06:36 PM
That was a dick move.
Don't blame me if the guy doesn't know the correct terminology. It's not the first time he has used the incorrect phrase. He should be thanking me for setting him straight.

mostpost
04-01-2014, 06:40 PM
What machismo? What the hell are you talking about?

Where in that post did I advocate for machismo? I said to tickle their feet and feed them grapes by the virgin's hand! :lol: :lol:

Can't get any less macho than that Mr. Spell Checker.
Your comment was replete with sarcasm. "tickle their feet and feed them grapes by the virgin's hand." Clearly you think those namby pamby methods are ineffective.

newtothegame
04-01-2014, 06:40 PM
:lol: Don't tell me you have never heard of the great god, OM.
Shocking.
So liberals do believe in gods....just not the more traditional ones in today's society? Nice to see you believe in something.....as in "om my god"......
At least you claim him to be yours....lol

horses4courses
04-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Especially after the entire world writing articles about how weak he is.

Can you produce any of these articles?
I don't care if they're in English, Sanskrit, or Swahili.
We'll translate them.
Please produce.

Saratoga_Mike
04-01-2014, 06:48 PM
We'll translate them.
Please produce.

Please start with the Financial Times, not exactly hardcore right-wingers. It's in English.

mostpost
04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
" A skilled interrogator knows how to establish a rapport and trust with a detainee. That is where you get your most valuable information. The FBI does it in domestic crimes. The police do it locally. "

I guess it's official. Working for the post office makes you an expert on interrogation

There are days surreal isn't a big enough word
Working for the post office has nothing to do with it. The whole freakin article I posted was about the inefficiency of using torture to obtain information. It was about the CIA lying about where it got information from; lying about the fact that it got the information and not someone else. Taking credit for information obtained by other agencies, then claiming that information was attained through torture.

There is a whole book out titled "The Black Banners; The Inside Story of 9/11 and the War Against Al Qaeda, by Ali Soufan. The same Ali Soufan who is mentioned in the WAPO article. It details the non torture interrogation technique used to obtain most of the information the CIA claimed was obtained through torture.

But, maybe I'm wrong. Tell us about the tortures you used to obtain confessions when you were a cop.

Saratoga_Mike
04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Most, if torture worked (and would prevent the death of innocent Americans), would you support it?

HUSKER55
04-01-2014, 07:12 PM
you do understand we torture our enemies,...the ones we don't kill on the battlefield?

If we were friends we wouldn't be here.

reckless
04-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Am I on your ignore list, my dear fellow comrade, Mostpost?

::sniff, sniff:: ... ::sniff, sniff::

I am near tears; almost beside myself... Not real sure if I can handle all this.

I showed you the courtesy of responding to your post that started this thread ... didn't call you a dope, a leftie, or even a government employee.

Some of our friends here also contributed to the thread. And what did you do?? You responded to each and every one of them while totally ignoring me!!

What did I ever do to you, mostie? ::sniff, sniff::

This saddens me... I must go now... right now!

I can't handle this rejection. Don't you know that I have feelings too, mostie??

::sniff, sniff::

PS: And Bush had nothing to do with it.

The above quote is a small example of my sense of humor. If you found that post funny or not or if you understood it as such or did not, really isn't a concern of mine.

I have not read enough of your posts to know how good your sense of humor is...so I cannot properly assess your comment here.

BUSH had nothing to do with "the USA losing its standing as a beacon of hope, decency and democracy for every single person around the world"?

It's got to be a joke...right?

We were a lot more respected under Bush than we are now under this lightweight, silly little poof. Now, pertaining to this standing in the eyes of the world, if you really think there is little or no difference in how the world perceives us today under Obama as opposed to Bush, then it is you, my friend, that must be seeking the yuks.

Tell us if you're looking for a slot on Open Mike Night in The Laugh Factory, thaskalos.

thaskalos
04-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Most, if torture worked (and would prevent the death of innocent Americans), would you support it?

Of course.

But by doing so...we would also be supporting that torture should be used against Americans captured in other countries.

Saratoga_Mike
04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Of course.

But by doing so...we would also be supporting that torture should be used against Americans captured in other countries.

The John McCain argument. The argument only holds against nations that respect the rule of law to begin with. It doesn't hold against terrorist organizations that don't respect human life or the rule of law...regardless of our behavior.

By the way, from what I've read over the past few yrs, I'm somewhat persuaded that torture isn't overly effective.

thaskalos
04-01-2014, 07:25 PM
The above quote is a small example of my sense of humor. If you found that post funny or not or if you understood it as such or did not, really isn't a concern of mine.

We were a lot more respected under Bush than we are now under this lightweight, silly little poof. Now, pertaining to this standing in the eyes of the world, if you really think there is little or no difference in how the world perceives us today under Obama as opposed to Bush, then it is you, my friend, that must be seeking the yuks.

Tell us if you're looking for a slot on Open Mike Night in The Laugh Factory, thaskalos.

It's one thing to call Obama incompetent -- because, after all, it is hard to refute such a statement. But you are using Obama's incompetence to make a point in favor of Bush...and that's absurd.

When you say that Bush had nothing to do with the low esteem that the world has for the USA...or that the USA was "a lot more respected around the world" under Bush than we are now -- then that's ridiculous, even coming from you. And the biggest laugh of all is that you are an ex-newspaperman.

Do your former employer a favor and never reveal which newspaper you worked for.

Saratoga_Mike
04-01-2014, 07:33 PM
It's one thing to call Obama incompetent -- because, after all, it is hard to refute such a statement. But you are using Obama's incompetence to make a point in favor of Bush...and that's absurd.

When you say that Bush had nothing to do with the low esteem that the world has for the USA...or that the USA was more respected "around the world" under Bush than we are now -- then that's ridiculous, coming from you. And the biggest laugh of all is that you are an ex-newspaperman.

Do your former employer a favor and never reveal which newspaper you worked for.

GWB was clearly incompetent on the foreign policy front, but I think we're at a point where the US is now held in lower esteem than under his presidency (for different reasons). Under GWB, the US was held in low esteem by many around the world b/c he used power in a reckless manner. Never a good thing. Under Obama, we're held in low esteem b/c he's perceived (correctly so) as a weak and ineffectual leader whose bluffs are constantly called by other world leaders.

thaskalos
04-01-2014, 07:43 PM
GWB was clearly incompetent on the foreign policy front, but I think we're at a point where the US is now held in lower esteem than under his presidency (for different reasons). Under GWB, the US was held in low esteem by many around the world b/c he used power in a reckless manner. Never a good thing. Under Obama, we're held in low esteem b/c he's perceived (correctly so) as a weak and ineffectual leader whose bluffs are constantly called by other world leaders.

"Never a good thing"?

A country demolishes another country without valid reason or just provocation...and all we can say is that such an action is "never a good thing"?

I have never said a single word in favor of Obama during his presidency...but Bush was worse -- and more hated around the world.

All you have to do is look at the related surveys...and you'll see that for yourself.

Saratoga_Mike
04-01-2014, 07:51 PM
1) "Never a good thing"?

A country demolishes another country without valid reason or just provocation...and all we can say is that such an action is "never a good thing"?

2) I have never said a single word in favor of Obama during his presidency...but Bush was worse -- and more hated around the world.

All you have to do is look at the related surveys...and you'll see that for yourself.

1) I said using force in a reckless manner is never a good thing. You can certainly use stronger language when specifically referencing Iraq. I would not object.

2) You just changed the debate. It was about the US being held in low esteem, not global personal warmth toward Obama or GWB. Again, I believe in the respect category we're in worse shape now. But if you caught me on another day, I might go the other way (it isn't clear cut, imo).

mostpost
04-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I would not. The reason I say that is that it does not work. 24 was a great show and Jack Bauer was awesome, but was not reality. You can torture someone and get information. The problem is it is not reliable information.

Do you watch "Criminal Minds?" It's about the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit. In one of the episodes the Unit has learned that a terrorist plot is in the late planning stages. They know when the attack is going to take place. They do not know where or how.

They have captured one of those involved in planning the attack. They don't torture him. They interrogate him, at the same time they allow him his Koran and a prayer rug. They allow him to say his prayers at the appropriate times. Despite the interrogations and the appeals to his humanity he refuses to reveal the location of the attack.

Then, one evening one of the agents enters the interrogation room in a distraught and agitated state. He asks the suspect how he could have been responsible for the deaths of so many. What belief could make that all right.

The suspect responds that he is sorry do many innocent people had to die just because they decided to attend the grand opening of a shopping center.

It turned out that the BAU had been time shifting the prisoner. Because he thought he was saying his evening prayers at the same time each day, he believed it was much later than it was. They were able to thwart the attack and kill the terrorists. Without torturing him. Which would have been ineffective anyway,

thaskalos
04-01-2014, 07:54 PM
1) I said using force in a reckless manner is never a good thing. You can certainly use stronger language when specifically referencing Iraq. I would not object.

2) You just changed the debate. It was about the US being held in low esteem, not global personal warmth toward Obama or GWB. Again, I believe in the respect category we're in worse shape now. But if you caught me on another day, I might go the other way (it isn't clear cut, imo).

Look at the world-wide surveys...and you will see that the USA is more warmly-regarded now than the country was under Bush. It's crystal clear...

newtothegame
04-01-2014, 08:24 PM
I would not. The reason I say that is that it does not work. 24 was a great show and Jack Bauer was awesome, but was not reality. You can torture someone and get information. The problem is it is not reliable information.

Do you watch "Criminal Minds?" It's about the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit. In one of the episodes the Unit has learned that a terrorist plot is in the late planning stages. They know when the attack is going to take place. They do not know where or how.

They have captured one of those involved in planning the attack. They don't torture him. They interrogate him, at the same time they allow him his Koran and a prayer rug. They allow him to say his prayers at the appropriate times. Despite the interrogations and the appeals to his humanity he refuses to reveal the location of the attack.

Then, one evening one of the agents enters the interrogation room in a distraught and agitated state. He asks the suspect how he could have been responsible for the deaths of so many. What belief could make that all right.

The suspect responds that he is sorry do many innocent people had to die just because they decided to attend the grand opening of a shopping center.

It turned out that the BAU had been time shifting the prisoner. Because he thought he was saying his evening prayers at the same time each day, he believed it was much later than it was. They were able to thwart the attack and kill the terrorists. Without torturing him. Which would have been ineffective anyway,

Boy, you are just full of those mis-spellings today. I am of the belief the correct word should have been "so". Your intellect is slipping OH sir grammatical genius!!! :lol:

JustRalph
04-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Comparing police work and the interrogations conducted in a war zone or a military environment are apples and oranges.

Typical Dem mistake. Treating terrorists like your local criminal. Advocating trials in terrorist cases, ignores the differences. It's a military matter, and waterboarding is not torture.

JustRalph
04-01-2014, 08:37 PM
We'll translate them.
Please produce.

I've posted some. Mike is right, Fin. Times would be a place to start.

delayjf
04-01-2014, 08:37 PM

So Jack Bauer was bs but criminal minds is the real deal - right? You don't think our interrogators started by asking questions. Ask yourself this, if the CIA interrogators - who are trained and experts in interrogation, decided to use water-boarding, sleep deprivation, etc you think they did it sport?

I love all these 20 / 20 criticisms of President Bush's decision to invade Iraq. I for one am glad the world is rid of one Mass-murder and especially thankful that Syria was "motivated to give up his stash of WMDs". Who know where they might have turned up in the chaos that is the Mid-East today.

HUSKER55
04-01-2014, 10:25 PM
you do know criminal minds is a tv show with no link to the real world. Like Law and Order,...it was made to sell.

Greyfox
04-01-2014, 10:43 PM

Bingo!:ThmbUp: Excellent post.

Of course America can and will survive 16 years of "Dumb and Dumber?"
But what has, and is happening to the country's status world wide is truly sad.

NJ Stinks
04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Bingo!:ThmbUp: Excellent post.

Of course America can and will survive 16 years of "Dumb and Dumber?"
But what has, and is happening to the country's status world wide is truly sad.

Explain why this is "sad". Unless you wish he was more popular in Pakistan and Russia.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/07/18/chapter-2-global-opinion-of-barack-obama/

newtothegame
04-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Explain why this is "sad". Unless you wish he was more popular in Pakistan and Russia.

You did not seriously just show us a link where in 21 of the 22 countries listed, OBAMA is DECLINING and then have the nerve to ask what is sad about it???

lmao :lol: This is priceless...

But, for me......I really could care less what anyone else thinks. Obama is the one who said he was going to turn water into wine and cast rainbows everywhere with his magical unicorns...(no, not literally but you get the point) of a previous Nobel Peace Prize winner.....

The one that does matter is.......

http://www.pewglobal.org/files/2013/07/Balance-of-Power34.png

The U.S.........one of the largest declines on the whole chart of listed countries...... Guess Americans are losing the whole belief in hope and change....lmao

Greyfox
04-01-2014, 11:39 PM

I'd explain, except you should have quoted "Pugh Research."
Of course many of those peoples in those countries are happy with Obama's downward impact on America's standing in the world.
Why wouldn't they be?

NJ Stinks
04-02-2014, 01:17 AM
You did not seriously just show us a link where in 21 of the 22 countries listed, OBAMA is DECLINING and then have the nerve to ask what is sad about it???

lmao :lol: This is priceless...

Do you seriously believe presidents increase their popularity around the world as the years go by? Better yet, name one whose popularity increased in his second term.

The right here keeps repeating Obama gets no respect around the world. I say it is BS because it is.

NJ Stinks
04-02-2014, 01:23 AM
I'd explain, except you should have quoted "Pugh Research."
Of course many of those peoples in those countries are happy with Obama's downward impact on America's standing in the world.
Why wouldn't they be?

First you say what is happening to the country's status world wide is truly sad. All because of Obama. Now when I show something that says Obama's stature around the world is anything but sad, you say the world is happy with him because he is a joke.

Greyfox, it's hard to kick a field goal when you keep moving the goalposts.

newtothegame
04-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Do you seriously believe presidents increase their popularity around the world as the years go by? Better yet, name one whose popularity increased in his second term.

The right here keeps repeating Obama gets no respect around the world. I say it is BS because it is.

I will name TWO for you since you seem to be unable to find it.

Both Reagan and Clinton had higher approval ratings in their second terms....
Now I know you may argue approval is different than popularity....

And I will also concede that the second term is usually much more of a challenge for these numbers...but let's not act like it cant be done. Ive shown you one from each side of the aisle....

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159809/presidents-typically-less-popular-second-term.aspx

NJ Stinks
04-02-2014, 02:21 AM
I will name TWO for you since you seem to be unable to find it.

Both Reagan and Clinton had higher approval ratings in their second terms....
Now I know you may argue approval is different than popularity....

And I will also concede that the second term is usually much more of a challenge for these numbers...but let's not act like it cant be done. Ive shown you one from each side of the aisle....

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159809/presidents-typically-less-popular-second-term.aspx

Newt, your polling numbers appear to be for presidential approval ratings within the USA. I was referring to presidential approval ratings around the world.

newtothegame
04-02-2014, 03:24 AM
Newt, your polling numbers appear to be for presidential approval ratings within the USA. I was referring to presidential approval ratings around the world.

Fair enough, but as I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, I really could care less what the rest of the world thinks. What matters to me is what WE (as those here in America) thinks.

Obama was the one who was going to make the rest of the world like us more....That was his responsibility.....not mine. I am only concerned about what an American president does for America.

I have even gone so far (in other threads) to suggest we stop worrying about spending money all over the world while our own here are starving (by our standards). Like Egypt.....I think that last I saw was we give them like 3 BILLION a year......There was even some stories that if we stopped it then Egypt would no longer honor their peace treaty with Israel. I say F&^$%&^$& them and dare them to do something in regards to Israel. They would get their butts handed to them so quick it wouldn't be funny (of course under this president I am not so sure). But, Israel can more then handle themselves in that case.

Point is, we are not really trying to become partners with the rest of the world. We attempt to buy their loyalties...and that (in my opinion) never works!

dartman51
04-02-2014, 10:10 AM
The latest CBS (you know, that right wing tv network)poll, has Obama approval rating at 37%, and approval for the ACA, at 31%. But, not to worry, all is well in the world. :rolleyes:

dartman51
04-02-2014, 10:14 AM

You calling it BS, is really BS. http://swampland.time.com/2012/04/19/obama-about-as-popular-abroad-as-he-is-at-home/

From the article.
Less than half the world – 46% — would want to see President Barack Obama reelected, according to a new poll out Thursday of 150 nations done by the U.S. Global Leadership Project, a collaboration between the Meridian International Center and Gallup. That’s exactly the percentage of Americans who approve of the job Obama’s doing in Gallup’s March survey.

Tom
04-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Of course.

It already is.

mostpost
04-02-2014, 01:08 PM
You calling it BS, is really BS. http://swampland.time.com/2012/04/19/obama-about-as-popular-abroad-as-he-is-at-home/

From the article.
Less than half the world – 46% — would want to see President Barack Obama reelected, according to a new poll out Thursday of 150 nations done by the U.S. Global Leadership Project, a collaboration between the Meridian International Center and Gallup. That’s exactly the percentage of Americans who approve of the job Obama’s doing in Gallup’s March survey.
Did you read this sentence from the article above?
Obama is twice as popular abroad as President George W. Bush, who rated only 22% in a similar poll conducted in the third year of Bush’s presidency.

Saratoga_Mike
04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
"Obama is twice as popular abroad as President George W. Bush, who rated only 22% in a similar poll conducted in the third year of Bush’s presidency."

Does this measure RESPECT for the US? And is 2003 the correct measurement date for GWB?

hcap
04-02-2014, 01:29 PM
The latest CBS (you know, that right wing tv network)poll, has Obama approval rating at 37%, and approval for the ACA, at 31%. But, not to worry, all is well in the world. :rolleyes:

You are cherry picking polls for Obama. Real Clear Po-tics averages many different polls.. Stands now at:

President Obama Job Approval

43.1 Approve 52.7 Disapprove

And I will cite the most recent ACA, standings

http://www.nbc12.com/story/25137674/poll-support-for-obamacare-hits-new-high

Poll: Support for Obamacare hits new high
Posted: Apr 02, 2014 6:49 AM EST Updated: Apr 02, 2014 10:32 AM EST
By Sean Collins-Smith - email

As President Obama makes the media rounds touting the 7.1 million insurance sign-ups under the Affordable Care Act, he may have new ammunition: a new national poll, which shows a record amount of support for the law.

According to the poll, conducted by ABC News/The Washington Post, support for the Affordable Care Act still hovers right below a majority, coming in at 49 percent - with 48 percent disapproving. But the latest numbers present a stark reversal from the initial glitch-plagued rollout of the HealthCare.gov website, which premiered in November and led to an abysmal 40 percent approval rating for the ACA

Clocker
04-02-2014, 01:30 PM
The irony here is that the Democrats simultaneously say that Bush was the absolute worst president ever, but also use him as the standard for achievement if not excellence. So any indication that Obama outdoes Bush in any area is proof that Obama is the best president ever.

JustRalph
04-02-2014, 01:34 PM
You are cherry picking polls for Obama. Real Clear Po-tics averages many different polls.. Stands now at:

President Obama Job Approval

43.1 Approve 52.7 Disapprove

oh how you must yearn for those nights in Grant Park, when he was going to save us all...........

http://lumma.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/obama_ftw.jpg

Saratoga_Mike
04-02-2014, 01:36 PM
The irony here is that the Democrats simultaneously say that Bush was the absolute worst president ever, but also use him as the standard for achievement if not excellence. So any indication that Obama outdoes Bush in any area is proof that Obama is the best president ever.

Yes, I pointed the same thing out a few weeks ago. Why not measure Obama against Clinton or Reagan?

Robert Goren
04-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Yes, I pointed the same thing out a few weeks ago. Why not measure Obama against Clinton or Reagan?If you look at what Reagan actually did or didn't do instead of his image, Obama holds his own.

Clocker
04-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Yes, I pointed the same thing out a few weeks ago. Why not measure Obama against Clinton or Reagan?

Why stop there? Why not apply Obama's own standards (http://news.yahoo.com/60-minutes-edits-obama-claim-fourth-best-president-133404689.html):

“I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history,” Obama told CBS’s Steve Kroft.

Saratoga_Mike
04-02-2014, 01:49 PM
If you look at what Reagan actually did or didn't do instead of his image, Obama holds his own.

I love your sense of humor.

hcap
04-02-2014, 03:35 PM
oh how you must yearn for those nights in Grant Park, when he was going to save us all...........How soon you forget how that medium (low) brow Texan cowboy dropped from 90 % to below way way down to less than 1/3rd of where he once was. 90 (September 21, 2001) 25 (October 31, 2008)

Whereas Obama 69 (January 22, 2009) 38 (October 16 2011)

No comparison

And actually I yearn for all the bitchin' going on here from the right to be shoved where the sun don't shine. Looks like the recent ACA numbers will shut some of it down. Oh wait, I forgot this is the right bithin' :sleeping:

Clocker
04-02-2014, 03:47 PM
No comparison

No meaningful comparison. The fact that Obama is screwing up royally is totally independent of what Bush did or didn't do.

Bush screwed up royally too. That doesn't change the fact that Obama is a blithering incompetent.

hcap
04-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Spin it any way you wish. The last recent ACA poll, and the rights' fading bs about Obamacare may now affect 2014. Things would have favored the 'thugs until recently.

Tom
04-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Thug is a racist term.

davew
04-02-2014, 11:21 PM
In all fairness, Bush's confidence rating may have been lower but his respect rating higher.

That posted chart was probably from early in 2013, as the only improvement being Israel would surely be a decline as well with the excellent handling of Syria nearby. That would put it at ALL countrys listed have less confidence now...

cj's dad
04-03-2014, 01:26 AM

A postal worker analyzing torture techniques. I once thought I was a terror victim when I didn't receive my mail for three days; then i realized the gate was locked. Mostie, you are such a tool of the left wing establishment and you don't even realize that. What a joke you are :lol::lol:

HUSKER55
04-03-2014, 04:55 AM
AGAIN I SAY,.....IT IS A TV SHOW MADE TO SELL!

IT IS DRAMA .....THEATRE...ENTERTAINMENT

hcap
04-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Thug is a racist term.Smugs? Rujgs? Bugs?

hcap
04-03-2014, 07:53 AM
In all fairness, Bush's confidence rating may have been lower but his respect rating higher.

That posted chart was probably from early in 2013, as the only improvement being Israel would surely be a decline as well with the excellent handling of Syria nearby. That would put it at ALL countrys listed have less confidence now...Confidence rating? Is that like watching the movie The Sting and rooting for Doyle Lonnegan? As far as his "aspect ratio" goes I will agree his fat mouth was wider than his ears, and if you look clearly at the chart I NEVER POSTED, you will find the answer to all your questions :lol:

hcap
04-03-2014, 08:00 AM
A postal worker analyzing torture techniques. I once thought I was a terror victim when I didn't receive my mail for three days; then i realized the gate was locked. Mostie, you are such a tool of the left wing establishment and you don't even realize that. What a joke you are :lol::lol:I guess you could always solve all the countries' problems with the correct color of electrical tape. :sleeping:

HUSKER55
04-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Can we agree on the fact the the person being tortured is our enemy?

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Thug is a racist term.Not as it was applied in that particular instance.

cj's dad
04-03-2014, 11:10 PM
I guess you could always solve all the countries' problems with the correct color of electrical tape. :sleeping:The correct application of color coding is extremely important in the electrical field; it designates the voltage at 102/208/240/277/480. Please do not compare the trade of a licensed electrical person in 3 jurisdictions to a guy sticking food store circulars and junk mail into someone's mail slot !! :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

hcap
04-04-2014, 06:37 AM
The correct application of color coding is extremely important in the electrical field; it designates the voltage at 102/208/240/277/480. Please do not compare the trade of a licensed electrical person in 3 jurisdictions to a guy sticking food store circulars and junk mail into someone's mail slot !! :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:You are not qualified to judge someones worth, or value of a human being's political judgement by being able to insulate electrical wiring. All of you idiots express opinions quite similar to the content of "food store circulars", that mostpost wipes his feet with intellectually---when you idiots express those "food store circular level"gems of wisdom here on this board. Typical idiocy that smacks of righty literacy tests. Literacy tests Jim, were used to keep people of color out of the voting booth.

You can change your name, but not your small mindedness.

HUSKER55
04-04-2014, 07:14 AM
and yet YOU do it every day. Now you are resorting to name calling.

We are making progress. Someday the "darkside" will release you,...and yes we will welcome you home to the "RIGHT SIDE". :D

hcap
04-04-2014, 07:21 AM
How quickly you forget how much name calling is done by those on the right.

Just plain nonsense as though the righty knuckle draggers on this board are pure innocent babes in the woods.

Tom
04-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Knuckle draggers - thanks for proving Husker's point! :lol: