PDA

View Full Version : MLB

ldiatone
03-31-2014, 05:57 PM
YES! walk off homer at PNC park by the pittsburgh kid NEALLLLLLLLLLLLL WALKERRRRRRRRRRR! pirates 1 cubs...zip. :jump: :jump:
well at least pnc park can serve beer at the park this year.......pirates didnt loose the "opener" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

horses4courses
03-31-2014, 06:09 PM
Great to have baseball back :ThmbUp:
Spring is just around the corner.......

lamboguy
03-31-2014, 06:10 PM
Orioles just won a great game this afternoon, they beat the Red Sox 2-1.

Go, go, go BALTY

Valuist
03-31-2014, 06:41 PM
The Cubs blew a big opportunity getting a leadoff double then Bonafacio is sacrificed to 3rd. One out and Castro hits a grounder and they nail Bonafacio at the plate.

ManU918
04-01-2014, 07:32 AM
The Cubs blew a big opportunity getting a leadoff double then Bonafacio is sacrificed to 3rd. One out and Castro hits a grounder and they nail Bonafacio at the plate.

The Cubs stink... What were they 0-12 with RISP going into extras? That's ridiculous.

elysiantraveller
04-01-2014, 02:52 PM
The Cubs stink... What were they 0-12 with RISP going into extras? That's ridiculous.

Nope... THIS is the Year!!!

Thats what we always say...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<---- diehard Cubs fan

MutuelClerk
04-01-2014, 05:12 PM
The standing O Ryan Braun received was the worst thing on Opening Day by far. This guy threw his buddy Aaron Rogers under the bus and kid who handled his testing. And yet people forgive so easily if you're a star. He was so indignant is was sickening. The real sad thing is this would happen in pretty much any stadium in America.

Valuist
04-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Going to take a stand on the Mariners: almost all of their hitters, Cano included, really prefer hitting against RHPs. Tonight they get a lefty in CJ Wilson. I'm going under 7.5 here and going to keep playing them under against lefties until it losses two in a row. Sometimes you can catch a streak and ride it a while; I've been riding the Eric Lewis over angle in the NBA for much of the season.

Valuist
04-02-2014, 02:48 PM
7th inning and double no-hitters in Milwaukee. Garza for Brewers and Harang for Braves.

Valuist
04-02-2014, 02:59 PM
About a minute after I posted, the Braves broke up Garza's no hitter with a solo home run. And in the bottom half of the 7th, the Brewers got a hit off Harang.

Hard to imagine using the words Aaron Harang and no-hitter in the same sentence.

horses4courses
04-03-2014, 12:10 AM
After 2 shaky starts for the SF Giants (Bumgarner and Cain),
it was very nice to watch Tim Hudson make his debut for the club tonight in Arizona.
7.2 IP, 3 hits, 0 runs, 0 BBs, 7 SO.......always in full command.

Early days, but that was a fine debut for a veteran recovering from injury. :ThmbUp:

redshift1
04-03-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm hearing 70% of the Dodger's fans cannot watch the TV games because TWC is extorting the other vendors. They even blacked out a replay at 3:00AM. Just like the old times Vin Scully and portable radios.

ldiatone
04-03-2014, 11:33 AM
another walk off win in 16ins! 4-3 bucs

Valuist
04-03-2014, 12:42 PM
I know its only a couple games, but anybody holding a Yankees season win total over bet would have to have some concerns. The biggest one has to be how the weight loss effects Sabathia. He's clearly lost some velocity. Did not look good in his first start against a weak hitting Houston team. Going to be tough to replace Cano's bat. When veteran teams get off to weak starts, they can implode quickly.

Valuist
04-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Emilio Bonafacio now is just the 3rd player in MLB history to get 11 hits in the first 3 games of the season. On the downside, he was picked off twice and made an error. But you are allowed some slack when you can hit .688.

ldiatone
04-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Emilio Bonafacio now is just the 3rd player in MLB history to get 11 hits in the first 3 games of the season. On the downside, he was picked off twice and made an error. But you are allowed some slack when you can hit .688.
bucs couldnt get the kid out..and the one pick off safe was overturned by replay :eek:

horses4courses
04-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I think you may have seen the last of MLB Opening Day in Australia.

Dodgers star pitcher Charlie Kershaw is on DL, and likely out until June.
Relief pitcher Brian Wilson also hurt with similar injury.
Think the long flights to and from Aus didn't have an effect?
I wouldn't bet on it.

The Giants took 3 out of 4 in Arizona, who also opened in Sydney.
SF played pretty poorly for most of the series, too.

If the Giants take the NL West by a game from either of those teams, my heart goes out to the runners-up.

Well.....maybe for a few seconds ;)

BettinBilly
04-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm just glad MLB is back! Winter is not my favorite time of year, and Baseball happens to be my favorite couch time sport.

Time to log some couch time on weekends, cook some hotdogs, crack a root beer (I don't drink alcohol) and let the games begin! Spring. The Triple Crown and MLB. What a great time of year