PDA

View Full Version : What Race Are You More Looking Forward To?

Smarty Cide
03-31-2014, 03:38 PM
Which of this upcoming weekend big preps are you more looking forward to?

horses4courses
03-31-2014, 03:49 PM
I would answer "both" - if I could.
All the G1 Derby preps are of interest to me.

Smarty Cide
03-31-2014, 03:50 PM
yeah, great time of year

classhandicapper
03-31-2014, 07:24 PM
The Wood Memorial.

I think Social Inclusion is the most interesting 3YO in the country right now with Shared Belief sidelined.

He won like he could be something special, but he had a very easy trip doing it.

In the Wood we'll find out what he is (assuming he doesn't bounce off that GP race). He's in the same boat as Constitution in terms of limited experience going into the Derby, but that's a different story.

lamboguy
03-31-2014, 08:32 PM
i am looking forward to the first 2 year old race at Keeneland. i can't wait to see which Wesley Ward horse is going to win that race

bgbootha
04-01-2014, 12:07 PM
The Wood intrigues me the most.

Really want to see Samraat take on Social Inclusion here and get some questions answered.

But hey, good racing all weekend.

DeltaLover
04-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Neither

Gone are they days I was looking forward for a race.

It all about betting and nothing more.

Smarty Cide
04-01-2014, 08:37 PM
anyone know the post times of these 2?

1st time lasix
04-02-2014, 10:29 AM
i am looking forward to the first 2 year old race at Keeneland. i can't wait to see which Wesley Ward horse is going to win that race ******* I always have found it somewhat perplexing that Mr Ward seems to win so many 2 year old baby races...yet fails to ever get ANY of them to the gate in the Derby in May of their three year old campaigns. :confused:

raybo
04-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know for sure if Kid Cruz is going to run in the Wood? I read somewhere, Haskin maybe, that he had a slight problem following his last race and would not run in the Wood, but that was written a few days ago. If he does run, he adds another interesting option in this race. That explosive closing move in its last, against a very slow pace on a tiring track, could play very well if the pace in the Wood is fast. Odds would be very good also, I suspect.

I was turned on to this horse by Cincy, and did a little studying, and he certainly has the pedigree, stamina, and running style that looks good for the Derby, if he gets in.

Digger1
04-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Looking most forward to the SA Derby. California Chrome has been my top derby pick for awhile, going up against Candy Boy and Hopportunity.

Social Inclusion is my 2nd highest rated 3 year old.

Tom
04-02-2014, 03:43 PM
SA Derby, I want to see if those figs hold up.
I pity the fool who winds the Wood - the Curse is on him! :eek::eek:

raybo
04-02-2014, 03:56 PM
SA Derby, I want to see if those figs hold up.
I pity the fool who winds the Wood - the Curse is on him! :eek::eek:

I don't believe in curses, only quality performances and proper conditioning.

Tom
04-02-2014, 11:17 PM
The Wood has been the last of both of those for some winners recently.

Robert Fischer
04-03-2014, 12:23 AM
The Wood has some horses that the public likes in ways that seem really irrational to me. That's always a good thing.
Unfortunately I don't have my choices narrowed down yet. Hopefully that will sort itself out.

raybo
04-03-2014, 12:45 AM
The Wood has been the last of both of those for some winners recently.

So, are you saying that the results of the Wood will have no affect on your Derby play, just because the Derby winner hasn't come from that race recently? Really? Or are you just talkin'?