PDA

View Full Version : Macho Bull...

RunDustyRun
03-30-2014, 02:09 PM
was amazed to see he has run 10 times already this year after the Skip Away yesterday...I know Doroshenko is known for running his stock into the ground but 10 starts in 3 months seems a little much...would love to see this horse with a proper trainer to see what he could do

iceknight
03-30-2014, 03:52 PM
was amazed to see he has run 10 times already this year after the Skip Away yesterday...I know Doroshenko is known for running his stock into the ground but 10 starts in 3 months seems a little much...would love to see this horse with a proper trainer to see what he could do This year he has been run twice in a graded stakes just 6 or 7 days after an optional claimer ... kinda unconventional..

nijinski
03-30-2014, 04:04 PM
was amazed to see he has run 10 times already this year after the Skip Away yesterday...I know Doroshenko is known for running his stock into the ground but 10 starts in 3 months seems a little much...would love to see this horse with a proper trainer to see what he could do
Joshuas Comprise (Rose)will catch up to him soon .They want to catch a check .

greengorilla
03-30-2014, 07:45 PM
I had him forsale for 55k back on january 15th. He's a real nice horse and was dead sound pretty sure he still is. He looks like a tank in person. had several offers at the 40k price, but Gennadi ended up selling him to aq new owner and keeping him in his barn for the new owner. Given the right care this horse could really move up the ladder. He trys every time out and never gives up, if he ever catches a track that has a late running bias get your money down. The horse you should look out for in Gennadi's barn is SERPE MOLOT, no joke this monster is the badest ass unraced horse I've ever seen. he barely fits in the stall, hes a june baby and wont be ready to run until late fall. Mike Wilson walked passed his stall at Calder and he reached out to snatch him up, when I asked him how much? his response was this BIg BIg BIG money horse this horse not for you.

Mineshaft
03-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Gennadi is another trainer that just doesn't get it. He enters horses every chance he gets. As soon as they cross the wire he gets the condition book out and starts looking. 10 times in 2014 is absolutely idiotic. Another goofball trainer.

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2014, 01:41 AM
I didn't realize all horses are machines and should be trained and raced in the same exact manner.

By the way, what's the magic number of starts a horse should make in order to NOT earn that "goofball" moniker you have been doling out around here lately?

Mineshaft
03-31-2014, 08:27 AM
I didn't realize all horses are machines and should be trained and raced in the same exact manner.

By the way, what's the magic number of starts a horse should make in order to NOT earn that "goofball" moniker you have been doling out around here lately?

Ive had people gallop for Gennadi and also people that watch him train. They all said the same thing. If you like something of his claim it you will improve it if he hasn't already screwed it up. He tracks his horses every day which is not the smartest thing to do.

Mineshaft
03-31-2014, 08:28 AM

2 a month

RunDustyRun
03-31-2014, 12:17 PM
GG,

Thanks for the information on him...remember seeing him when he ran against Hansen in the Iowa Derby and always thought he looked like a winner...wish he would have been bought by someone who wanted to give him to another trainer...He's ran 39 times in the last 27 months with what looks to be one two month break....would love to see him freshened and shipped to Delmar to run in some AOCs out there....think he could do well

greengorilla
03-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Ive had people gallop for Gennadi and also people that watch him train. They all said the same thing. If you like something of his claim it you will improve it if he hasn't already screwed it up. He tracks his horses every day which is not the smartest thing to do.

First off there his horses, not yours, the goofball you described did win the G1 Louisiana Derby. How many grade 1 wins do you have? And its his money he's spending not yours. As for his training methods which include open galloping his horses a mile and a half every day it works for his program.Who are you to say tracking a horse daily is a bad thing. If a horse doesn't break down in the first 6 months under his care he's a runner thats for sure. Most trainers despise him because there jealous of the success hes had and they haven't. Not to mention hes a real good guy personally and goes out of his way to help people out all the time. Last but not least I dont remeber ever seeing any horses of his break down or be vet scratched leading to the start. must not be to hard on them.