PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Rainbow 6

MYKE
03-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Does any know when there may be a mandatory payout? I believe the racing schedule goes to the end of June. I sure do not what to miss playing the payout day.

therussmeister
03-29-2014, 09:19 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112125&highlight=rainbow

MYKE
03-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Thank you appreciate it $4 million ways

greengorilla
04-06-2014, 09:57 PM
June 29th is mandatory Payout date. Looks like summer meet will be juicy.

SouthFlorida
04-07-2014, 05:31 PM
If the 7 in the last race Sunday was declared a non starter and then the play goes to the one who was the post time favorite. So I was told by a good source that if it was the same ticket then the track would have paid the 5 million but if it was 2 different tickets the guy that had the 1 would have been screwed out of 5 million.

That is completely crazy in my opinion !!!!

Stillriledup
04-07-2014, 05:49 PM
If the 7 in the last race Sunday was declared a non starter and then the play goes to the one who was the post time favorite. So I was told by a good source that if it was the same ticket then the track would have paid the 5 million but if it was 2 different tickets the guy that had the 1 would have been screwed out of 5 million.

That is completely crazy in my opinion !!!!

This thing will get hit before mandatory day, too many cappers are worrying about derby fever and the triple crown season, this thing will get hit when enough handicappers are handicapping something else more 'exciting'.

davew
04-07-2014, 06:04 PM
I was surprised that there were 3 tickets that could take down pool yesterday, and a couple were well bet. $44+ K for 6 for 6 yesterday.

cj
04-07-2014, 06:31 PM
This thing will get hit before mandatory day, too many cappers are worrying about derby fever and the triple crown season, this thing will get hit when enough handicappers are handicapping something else more 'exciting'.

I'm not sure it will get hit, but interest in Gulfstream certainly goes way down once the Florida Derby is over. The thing that might keep it going is that the fields aren't going to be as competitive, and they will be smaller.

Stillriledup
04-07-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure it will get hit, but interest in Gulfstream certainly goes way down once the Florida Derby is over. The thing that might keep it going is that the fields aren't going to be as competitive, and they will be smaller.

I just figured with the lack of interest in gulfstream post Fla Derby and the idea that someone was alive to the favorite for 5 mil in the last race kind of says to me that this thing is going to get hit soon.

I've been wrong before though. :D

dirty moose
04-07-2014, 10:20 PM
I don't think it will be hit before the deadline. Too many people still paying attention and too many syndicates

olddaddy
04-07-2014, 10:58 PM
I think it will be hit soon. I'm going to throw a few bucks in the TS pool. I hope their tickets are constructed in order to win the whole kit and caboodle.

davew
04-18-2014, 10:03 AM
I think it will be hit soon. I'm going to throw a few bucks in the TS pool. I hope their tickets are constructed in order to win the whole kit and caboodle.

When is that pool open? I checked yesterday morning and not opened yet, I checked just now and full/filled with $30K.

olddaddy
04-18-2014, 02:54 PM
It opened yesterday and closes within minutes.

I believe it opened at 3:30 et and closed by 3:35

Poindexter
04-18-2014, 04:21 PM
How does the players pool work for taxation. Say there are 500 people splitting a $15,000 taxable payoff. All 500 SS #'s are documented to the irs so they all get their own tax form at the end of the year? Is there another way of handling this?

Also who decides what tickets to play?

Zydeco
04-18-2014, 04:25 PM
They will give you a W-2G for your share of the winnings. I got one for 92.00 once and also got one for like 7 dollars. Whatever you win.

OTM Al
04-18-2014, 07:18 PM
When is that pool open? I checked yesterday morning and not opened yet, I checked just now and full/filled with $30K.
And it paid $278. What a great bet.....

davew
04-18-2014, 08:29 PM
And it paid $278. What a great bet.....

Their pool is for Fri, Sat and Sun.

Today they invested $11,580 and
Total Ticket Return: $556.32

but many favorites and logical winners - so probably shared with many relatively low cost tickets (some have said that the logical tickets will frequently be overlays as people shoot for the entire pool).

Poindexter
04-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Any idea why both the results and charts show the $278 as being for a 10 cent pick six jackpot when 20 cents is the minimum? Was the $278 a payoff for 10 cents which would have been generous, or for 20 cents which would have been terrible?

Stillriledup
04-18-2014, 09:03 PM
They continue to rake in big bucks...and all on account of that DQ about 2 months ago.

fmolf
04-19-2014, 05:25 AM
[QUOTE=Stillriledup]They continue to rake in big bucks...and all on account of that DQ about 2 months ago!
That was probably the worst DQ i have ever seen in my 40 yrs playing this game.The circumstances alone warrant an investigation!Disgraceful!Every time i think of that poor guy my blood boils!I will never bet another nickel at gulfstream ever again.I hope all horseplayers do the same.Then maybe then gulfstream will get the hint.They used to run such a good high class meet.Now greed is causing them to water their product down(too many races too many lower class horses)all because they wanted a bigger slice of the pie.I hope both Calder and Gulfstream go out of business,i have played some at Tampa which in my opinion is the best of the Fla. tracks.

JohnGalt1
04-19-2014, 08:17 AM
They will give you a W-2G for your share of the winnings. I got one for 92.00 once and also got one for like 7 dollars. Whatever you win.

When I had H&R Block do my taxes they charged $3 per W-2g form.

I use Turbo Tax now, and even though it is free, because I have an account with T Rowe Price, I still have to enter every W-2g form individually.

At least every one I enter is at least $600.

That would suck to pay $3 to enter a $7 W-2g.

tanner12oz
04-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Why are people still playing this? Its unhittable at this point for the pot...i know the consol can still pay okay but seems like money burning for the past month or so

dirty moose
04-19-2014, 11:05 AM
I played in a few of these last year and received 12 separate wg-2's

Hoofless_Wonder
04-19-2014, 12:33 PM
I played in a few of these last year and received 12 separate wg-2's

If you're talking about the TwinSpires Player's Pools, I hear ya. Just did my taxes earlier this week, and had the awesome 1.21, 0.28, and a couple of other small tickets that turned into W2Gs. Had to manually add them in taxact, and then they were wrong and had to be corrected.

I used to throw $10 in those pools just to be able to review the selections for each race, but the paper trail makes it too much of a pain.

And I agree with fmolf - maybe not the worst DQ in the history of the sport, but very suspect. The handle indicates not many are boycotting the track, but I'm not betting there. The day when the Rainbow 6 has to be paid ought to be interesting - I'll be rooting for a chalkfest.

JohnnyU31
04-30-2014, 02:43 PM

It's lasted this long. Would kill to be a part of this.