PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Derby WEATHER

IrishRail76
03-28-2014, 10:11 PM
I apologize up front if this has already been posted. It has been raining for almost days at the Fair Grounds and they cancelled racing for Friday.

It has rained over 3 inches and there is a Flash Flood Watch in affect tonight.

Tonight (Friday night): 65 degrees with 80% chance of continued T-storms.

Saturday forecast: 72 degrees and P/C.

Will the track be fast and dry after 10 races on the dirt (if turf races are moved to the dirt)? Race 11 is the La Derby.

IIRC, this race might come down to stamina in the final furlong. And, Intense Holiday (ML favorite 2-1) is the only contender who has competed at 9 furlongs (Remsen Stakes last November).

If you are 'capping it for tomorrow, I thought that this info may help.

This should be an interesting race, no matter how the weather and the track hold up.

Troopa
03-29-2014, 12:00 AM
It's been raining hard over here for sure. The heat tomorrow should help shore up the main track

PhantomOnTour
03-29-2014, 12:03 AM
It's going to be ugly - under a tornado watch here in Lafayette (about 2hrs west of NOLA) with lightning, thunder, and pouring rain.

Intense Holiday will never run down In Trouble on a messy track, never.

IrishRail76
03-29-2014, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the update! I don't relish handicapping destructive storms, and wish that everyone stays safe. I'll probably pass the race and "laissez les bon temps rouler." (pardon my Cajun) I've got relatives over that way.

Rosie N. had a great day on Thursday...won or hit the board in all of her races (I think). She's got the 6 slot with Vicar's In Trouble at 4-1. Plus, In Trouble could take that shot from the 9 slot...Rocco and Dutrow...decent chance to hit the board...worth a thought anyway...Make it more fun to watch. Just sayin....

bgbootha
03-29-2014, 11:20 AM
OFF-TURF except G2 - Muniz Race 8

Meaning 1,3,5,6,12 will ALL be off-turf

I don't get this, the meet ends tomorrow. Why not run on the turf?

Mystic
03-29-2014, 11:58 AM

Agree.. Totally messed up. :ThmbDown:

Robert Fischer
03-29-2014, 12:32 PM

1,3,5,6 = because they have a G2 on the turf for race 8, and wish to preserve the track for the stakes race.

12 = I don't know.