PDA

View Full Version : Does a drivers winning percentage drop in the second half of a "doubleheader "day?

bigeastbeast
03-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Today,several drivers will be going full card-or almost full card-at Harrah's and the Big M.I can't imagine that they will be as sharp on the nightcap portion,particularly the latter half of such.Does anybody here use that factor?

baconswitchfarm
03-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Today,several drivers will be going full card-or almost full card-at Harrah's and the Big M.I can't imagine that they will be as sharp on the nightcap portion,particularly the latter half of such.Does anybody here use that factor?

That's funny.

LottaKash
03-28-2014, 01:43 PM

BEB, I think that once a race is going, the adrenaline quickly kicks in, and any fatigue that may be there will dissipate soon enough, imo..

Hey, the big boyz are init to winnit...They do it all the time...It is their life and their bread and butter...And, there are serious safety issues at stake as well...

I have had jobs that "demanded" my full attention, as coming up short would have resulted in catastrophe, and despite my fatigue, I always rose to the occasion....So, they too..

cmp92
03-28-2014, 04:35 PM
Don't forget, a lot of these drivers take time off in the winter or have plenty of downtime because of tracks being closed. Yes, it is a demanding schedule, but I personally don't account for it in my handicapping.

pandy
03-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Herve Filion and Cat Manzi drove double headers for years. Tim Tetrick set a record for wins by driving double headers. It didn't hurt their night time performance. Yes, it can be exhausting. From what I've heard from drivers, the commuting back and forth is actually the most tiring part. Anyone who has ever had a long commute knows how stressful it can be, especially in the winter.

mrroyboy
03-28-2014, 08:22 PM
I have thought if this too over the years. Mostly Dover to Meadowlands
I think it has to take a little off the drivers. My opinion. I would be a little more cautious late in the evening like race 9 plus.

cmp92
03-28-2014, 09:19 PM
I suppose another factor is how close these guys cut it. For example, how much time do guys have to spare going from Harrah's to the Meadowlands? Do they even have enough time to eat? Or are they forced to inhale dinner on the way between tracks? I would imagine driving horses all day would require a somewhat nutritious and balanced diet.

Just a Fan
03-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I believe Herve had a chauffeur, and access to a chopper when needed. Helps somewhat if you don't have to concentrate on anything during the commute.

I guess they weren't hauling $8,000 racebikes from track to track back then.