PDA

View Full Version : 300 million and a Tiger for life

JustRalph
03-28-2014, 01:18 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10684892/miguel-cabrera-detroit-tigers-agree-10-year-deal-worth-almost-300-million

Astronomical numbers

According to CBSSports.com, which earlier reported Detroit and Cabrera were closing in on an agreement, the new deal also includes two additional vesting options worth $30 million apiece for years 11 and 12 that could bring the total of the deal to $352 million.

Greyfox
03-28-2014, 01:48 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10684892/miguel-cabrera-detroit-tigers-agree-10-year-deal-worth-almost-300-million

Astronomical numbers

According to CBSSports.com, which earlier reported Detroit and Cabrera were closing in on an agreement, the new deal also includes two additional vesting options worth $30 million apiece for years 11 and 12 that could bring the total of the deal to $352 million.

Utter madness.

Detroit city is bankrupt and the team puts out that kind of money for a player.

Stillriledup
03-28-2014, 03:05 AM
That just makes no sense, he will be 31 in a few weeks, best years are behind him for sure, how can you duplicate triple crown numbers that he's had the past 2 seasons?

MutuelClerk
03-28-2014, 09:07 AM
I love the Tigers. Cabrera is the best hitter of this generation. This makes Max Scherzer look really bad. I'm betting he gets booed Monday. Miguel may be the best hitter of this generation but I think the person even happier than him is the best player in the game right now. Mike Trout. This kid may be a billionaire before he retires.

Stillriledup
03-28-2014, 03:02 PM
I love the Tigers. Cabrera is the best hitter of this generation. This makes Max Scherzer look really bad. I'm betting he gets booed Monday. Miguel may be the best hitter of this generation but I think the person even happier than him is the best player in the game right now. Mike Trout. This kid may be a billionaire before he retires.

Scherzer really screwed up, no way anything can happen this season for him to get a better "deal" in the offseason, and there's certainly downside. Max is thinking, or should i say Max's ego is thinking that if he has another great season, he can name his price....but that will just get GMs thinking "maybe he's peaked and this is it and its all downhill from here".

Take the money and run, like the Steve Miller band advises you to do and yet,he didnt listen. Bad move.

MutuelClerk
03-28-2014, 06:32 PM
The main issue the Tigers will have the next 4-5 years is finding a person to protect him in the line up. Fielder's been traded. Victor Martinez in his last year. If they don't sign anyone Cabrera won't be able to live up to his contract because no one will pitch to him.

MutuelClerk
03-28-2014, 06:35 PM
As far as Max goes his agent is Scott Boras. If he pitches well this season I think he will get a longer term and more money $omewhere. A lot of pressure on Max to perform. He says he wants to be a Tiger, but action speaks louder than words. He's gone. Yankees, Dodgers, Mets, Cubs I'm guessing.