PDA

View Full Version : Some Results with All in One V6

jackad
04-11-2004, 07:31 PM
I hate having to tote-watch to determine my bets; just don't have the patience for it. So during March I tracked five angles using All-in-One, consisting mostly of various combinations of top ranked factors. This was at some 6-7 major tracks only. Here are the results for these five angles for $2 win bets and no tote-watching:

I: 93 won, 195 lost, +$101.30
II: 39 won, 76 lost, +$40.30
III: 42 won, 125 lost, +$72.90
IV: 23 won, 79 lost, +$97.80
V: 26 won, 82 lost, +$40.20

OVERALL; 223 won, 557 lost, +$352.40
780 BETS, win frequency 28.5%, ROI +22.5%

MY QUESTIONS:
Can I expect approximately similar results going forward if I continue to use these five angles, or is the sample too small to warrant any such expectation?

Given these results, what percentage of betting capital would you use to determine bet size?

Thanks for all responses.

Jack

shanta
04-11-2004, 08:17 PM
listen i might not be the brightest bulb in the deck when it comes to all this "database and sample" stuff ok? you have something that is producing wonderfully right now so go to the track and BET! i am not college educated so maybe part of that lack of education is showing now but i would be making every effort to wager RIGHT NOW! as far as bet size i don't know how serious or consistent wagerer you are but 1% of bankroll per race is very solid imo. very conservative so you never have to panic after a string of "bad results" yet if you continue to have good results you will be in a very nice position. this 1% of bank is for win betting only. if you are wagering exotics a seperate bank is definately necessary. this will also let you see which areas are producing best and which strategy is on a downtrend. good luck with your wagering!
Richie Pizzicara

p.s. also from New Rochelle, Glenn Island area :)

JimG
04-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Shanta,

It's obvious that you have a master's in racetrackenomics. That was a solid reply. Play the method while it is doing well. Get out when you sense something is amiss. I know...easier said than done but it comes with experience.

Jack,

Your question is similar to other questions you have posted in the past wherein you seem to be looking for the rosetta stone of databasing that ignores odds...just push some buttons and bet. Collect when it's over. I'm not saying that is an impossible way to make money at the races, just extremely hard to find and you could spend a lifetime looking for "it" to no avail.

May I suggest spending time getting to know a track or circuit...inside and out. Know the trainer moves, who is the "go to jock" for a particular trainer. Know how the track bias is playing...inside, outside...early versus late speed. Decide what factors (speed, pace, etc.) give you an edge. Then decide what type of betting you are most comfortable with and bet...small at first...graduating your bet size gradually upon success. Betting on "paper" is alot different than actually placing the bet. Consider the small bets you make tuition and keep extensive records of how you are doing. My game turned around when I started betting online and keeping track of where I do my best.
Brisbet does alot of the work for me in that area.

I know I really did not answer your direct question. I guess my answer based on what you wrote is "Who knows?" I've seen alot of methods look good initially only to "go south" in a hurry and become a loser. I apologize for lack of a better answer but wish you nothing but success in the future.

Jim

kitts
04-11-2004, 09:14 PM
jackad-

The factors used were your choice of course. Did you use the automatic paceline selector (which is quite good by the way) or did you choose your own pacelines? Did you choose contenders? What I am getting at is if your input was based on your own decisions and you are not waiting for the software to "have a good day" then go for it. I do OK using the software but I have lost money with many other programs. If the software "fits" and feels good, you're half-way home.

My win bet philosophy is the same as others on this board at 1% of bankroll. And I don't like to wait for the tote to make my decisions either so I make them early on the basis of morning line. Works for me!

shanta
04-11-2004, 10:01 PM
i am about ready to go to your "betting off m/l" . i feel my self burning out being at track 10 hours a day being a slave to the tote board.
Richie

shanta
04-12-2004, 07:52 AM
about 18 months ago i was at the meadowlands and i met this fellow in the 3$ room on the first floor. i was sitting next to him and he showed me this software he was using. he explained he was checking a couple of methods on paper before he bet. i said ok and happened to ask how it was going so far. he said so far he had great results win betting but he was waiting til he had enough races to show it was no fluke. he then showed me his result sheet and explained he had been coming to the track for the last MONTH without wagering. when i looked at his sheet i could't believe what i saw!! i mean if he had even been making MINIMUM win bets he would have had a nice piece of change in his pocket. i think he "GOT STUCK" and was almost paralyzed to actually BET. I will open myself up to some fire here but i don't care what anyone says the only way to really know what's going on with something is TO BET REAL MONEY on your selections.then you have to actually make betting decisions with money on the line and experience your emotions when you suffer a string of losses with your CASH on the line! how one reacts emotionally to this "bad streak" is one of the biggest seperators between professional players and everyone else in my opinion.
Richie Pizzicara

Lefty
04-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Shanta and Jim, I agree. You have to bet real money. Start with a small BR make small bets. Things can look great on paper but maybe the bettor falls apart when making some of the bets. !%-2% of BR is sound advice, I think.

andicap
04-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by jackad
I hate having to tote-watch to determine my bets; just don't have the patience for it. So during March I tracked five angles using All-in-One, consisting mostly of various combinations of top ranked factors. This was at some 6-7 major tracks only. Here are the results for these five angles for $2 win bets and no tote-watching:

I: 93 won, 195 lost, +$101.30
II: 39 won, 76 lost, +$40.30
III: 42 won, 125 lost, +$72.90
IV: 23 won, 79 lost, +$97.80
V: 26 won, 82 lost, +$40.20

OVERALL; 223 won, 557 lost, +$352.40
780 BETS, win frequency 28.5%, ROI +22.5%

MY QUESTIONS:
Can I expect approximately similar results going forward if I continue to use these five angles, or is the sample too small to warrant any such expectation?

Given these results, what percentage of betting capital would you use to determine bet size?

Thanks for all responses.

Jack

Was this a backfitted system or one you developed a month ago and it still worked. If the latter, i'd have much more confidence in its long-term prospects.

Hosshead
04-13-2004, 06:44 AM
Jack, Good win% and roi. Am I right in assuming that since you had 780 plays during 1 month, that many plays were picked by more than 1 angle, therfore many races were "multi-bets" on the same horse? And likewise did some races have more than one horse picked by more than one angle?

jackad
04-13-2004, 07:17 AM
Hosshead -- The answer is "yes" on both your assumptions.