PDA

View Full Version : Wild Triple Crown Campaign Predictions

RacingFan1992
03-25-2014, 04:23 PM
I know alot of people are saying what they think will happen in the Derby, Preakness and Belmont. I know some people get mad because what one person thinks does not match up with that of another. This is open to all ideas.

I think Samraat will win the Wood, Derby and Preaknes but in the Belmont he will lose by 5 to Honor Code who will uphold the family tradition of winning the Belmont. His father, grandfather and great grandfather won. (A.P. Indy, Seattle Slew, Secretariat) By the Belmont I think Honor Code will be good enough.

Say anything you want about what you think will happen in the series.
Say "tough" to the people who look down on predicting the series.

stillwater
03-25-2014, 04:44 PM
I think,right now,since you are pushing for answers....I would have to say this:

This.

Then I would say I would think Intense Holiday will win that race held the following Saturday after the last Friday in April.The Preakness may be won by InTrouble,mainly because Vicar is the real one in trouble.For the Belmont....I wish I knew if Top Billing has a chance to be in that one, but I don't think he does because of that injury so I would say:I don't know.

That's not a relative of I'll Have Another.It just means that I don't know.

Smarty Cide
03-25-2014, 04:54 PM
California Chrome, Chitu, Ciaro prince, Vicars In Trouble - superfecta

just saying

stillwater
03-25-2014, 04:58 PM
I....never mind.

horses4courses
03-25-2014, 05:02 PM
I know alot of people are saying what they think will happen in the Derby, Preakness and Belmont. I know some people get mad because what one person thinks does not match up with that of another. This is open to all ideas.

I think Samraat will win the Wood, Derby and Preaknes but in the Belmont he will lose by 5 to Honor Code who will uphold the family tradition of winning the Belmont. His father, grandfather and great grandfather won. (A.P. Indy, Seattle Slew, Secretariat) By the Belmont I think Honor Code will be good enough.

Honor Code has a hind suspensory ligament injury, and you think he will be back for the Belmont?
Not just back to run in it, but win it?

Not sure that I would like to be training horses for you..... ;)

TheGarMan
03-25-2014, 05:53 PM
I bet I can be as wrong as anybody , so here it goes:

The Derby goes to Candy Boy, in a nose over Cairo Prince. Intense Holiday and Samratt round out the Super.

The Preakness shapes up a little different, as its a tad shorter. I still see Candy Boy and Cairo in the stretch, but maybe (much like Oxbox last year), look for an upset here. Maybe a Wildcat Red or an Albano can get loose of the front end and wire the field.

The Belmont is anyones guess. Who has the stamina, and the grit after surviving the first two? No idea. Maybe a "Strong Mandate" or "Top Billing" can get it done, but more likely it will be some horse that evaded the buzz saw that is the entire Triple Crown, and comes to Belmont and makes waves.

I am sure none of this will actually happen :D

G

precocity
03-25-2014, 06:41 PM

ride on curlin wins the derby by 20 furlongs!!!HAH

Delta Cone
03-25-2014, 06:48 PM
The most "wild" prediction I can think of?

The Triple Crown drought ends this year.

Smarty Cide
03-25-2014, 07:18 PM
The most "wild" prediction I can think of?

The Triple Crown drought ends this year.

which horse does it? California Chrome?

horses4courses
03-25-2014, 07:47 PM
which horse does it? California Chrome?

I'd settle for whoever wins the Derby.... ;)

Smarty Cide
03-25-2014, 07:48 PM
same shit

taxicab
03-25-2014, 08:22 PM
At the Kentucky Derby.....as a protest to the inhumanity that is horse racing, 20 Peta members rush the track at the 1/8th pole as the horses straighten for home in a well thought out protest........Sadly one of the Peta members gets run over by a horse and doesn't make it.

At the Preakness......a bunch of drunks put a severe beat down on that annoying centaur mascot that gallops around Pimlico on Preakness day.......Sadly centaur doesn't make it.

At the Belmont.....in a driving rain storm, Gary Stevens riding for D. Wayne Lukas accidentally electrocutes himself while "plugging in" Strong Mandate.....Sadly Stevens makes it,but he can never have children again. :eek:

fmolf
03-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Samraat and uncle sigh exacta in the derby (I am born and raised on Long Island) throw in some controversy when the Asmussen trained Tapiture trundles up to complete the tri!

RacingFan1992
03-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Honor Code has a hind suspensory ligament injury, and you think he will be back for the Belmont?
Not just back to run in it, but win it?

Not sure that I would like to be training horses for you..... ;)

and this is the reason why I called this thread "Wild Triple Crown Predictions" because that is what they are.
BTW: I think we want horses to run when they are not ours. How many people who do not know shit about horse racing wanted I'll Have Another run in the Belmont just to see if he could do it? The guy who owned Majestic Prince was firebombed by the media because he didn't want the colt to run but since he had the chance to make history, the reporters considered not entering unsportsmanlike. It is not a wonder why some reporters back then called it the "Cripple Crown".

riskman
03-25-2014, 11:34 PM
The horse who draws post position #5 in the Derby.

It is good a guess as anything in this thread.

HuggingTheRail
03-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Prediction/Tradition

I will make my customary Kentucky Derby bet in honour of my grandfather...a $1 exa wheel with my pick to the field, and reversed..will cost $38 if a field of 20...
In keeping with the tradition, my horse willl run 3rd :ThmbDown:

TheGarMan
03-26-2014, 07:48 AM
The horse who draws post position #5 in the Derby.

It is good a guess as anything in this thread.

Funny you say that. I had a OTB buddy who (when stumped) used to just play the "8" horse just to pass the time. While his ROI was horrible, he would win just enough money to remind us all of the randomness of the game. :D

stillwater
03-26-2014, 11:18 AM
The seems to be a reasonable place to ask(notice my deft use of "just saying" in the middle of a sentence)....just saying....but does anyone know where I can find the foal dates of the possible entrants for the K-Derby?

porkchop
03-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Baffert / Pletcher entries do not hit the board

RacingFan1992
03-26-2014, 12:40 PM
The seems to be a reasonable place to ask(notice my deft use of "just saying" in the middle of a sentence)....just saying....but does anyone know where I can find the foal dates of the possible entrants for the K-Derby?

Go to the Kentucky Derby site and look at the leader boards. Those are as close to possible Derby entrants as possible. Take their names and type them in Equibase and they should say the birth dates.

stillwater
03-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Go to the Kentucky Derby site and look at the leader boards. Those are as close to possible Derby entrants as possible. Take their names and type them in Equibase and they should say the birth dates.

Thanks a lot,RF.It's the slow boat way;thought maybe I could see it all in one place.We'll just have to do it that way.

Cratos
03-26-2014, 03:48 PM

I started the year with Honor Code, Top Billing, and Strong Mandate as my considered Derby choices and now I am down to one, Strong Mandate.

bgbootha
03-26-2014, 09:20 PM
Who ever wins the Derby, will win the Preakness and lose the Belmont.

Then the winner of the Derby/Preakness will be sent out to stud, because we don't let any horse that wins young continue to race anymore.

letswastemoney
03-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Who ever wins the Derby, will win the Preakness and lose the Belmont.

Then the winner of the Derby/Preakness will be sent out to stud, because we don't let any horse that wins young continue to race anymore.
If a speed horse wins the Derby, he's almost a certain lock to win the Preakness because any speed horse winning the Derby has just withstood the most vicious pace possible and faces a slower pace in the Preakness.

As for the Belmont, maybe that's when campaign fatigue sets in.

mostpost
03-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Over the years my Kentucky Derby predictions have been almost flawless. Unfortunately they have been almost flawlessly wrong.