PDA

View Full Version : Zayat horses being move to new trainer..

TheEdge07
03-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Per Justin Zayat...

Which owner will be next to step up?

Striker
03-24-2014, 10:45 PM
Moving some to this guy. Less than 50 career starts to his name.

https://www.facebook.com/michaelsrwilsonracing

Mineshaft
03-24-2014, 11:18 PM
Strange he didn't go with a more profile trainer

Mystic
03-24-2014, 11:21 PM
The guy seems to take great care of his horses and I wish him the best of luck.

TJDave
03-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Moving some to this guy. Less than 50 career starts to his name.

Impressive resume...impressive website

http://www.michaelsrwilsonracing.com/Home.html

nijinski
03-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Some years ago he owed what 36 million and filed bankruptcy . Let's
hope he's good on his fees to this new trainer .

His top unsecured creditors include Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum's Darley Stud (Jonabell Farm), owed $174,900 for stud fees; White & Case, his New York lawyers, owed $150,000; Adena Springs, owed $143,100 for stud fees; Steve Asmussen, owed $73,544.60 in training fees; Eaton Sales, owed $54,682.62 for consignment fees; H.E. Sutton (horse transportation), owed $47,004.21; Gainesway, owed $37,100 in boarding fees for a sire (Zayat's J Be K stands there); Equine Medical and Surgical Group of Arcadia, Calif., owed $34,195.49 in vet fees; Dr. Tom VanMeter's Stockplace Farm in Lexington, owed $28,807 in boarding fees; Mike Mitchell Racing Stable, owed $27,060 in training fees; Nicholas Zito Racing Stables, owed $26,877 in training fees; Bob Baffert Racing Stables, owed $21,308.80 in training fees; and others.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/02/04/1123110/zayat-files-for-bankruptcy.html#storylink=cpy

Some of his creditors , from Kentucky .com .

Mineshaft
03-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Some years ago he owed what 36 million and filed bankruptcy . Let's
hope he's good on his fees to this new trainer .

His top unsecured creditors include Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum's Darley Stud (Jonabell Farm), owed $174,900 for stud fees; White & Case, his New York lawyers, owed $150,000; Adena Springs, owed $143,100 for stud fees; Steve Asmussen, owed $73,544.60 in training fees; Eaton Sales, owed $54,682.62 for consignment fees; H.E. Sutton (horse transportation), owed $47,004.21; Gainesway, owed $37,100 in boarding fees for a sire (Zayat's J Be K stands there); Equine Medical and Surgical Group of Arcadia, Calif., owed $34,195.49 in vet fees; Dr. Tom VanMeter's Stockplace Farm in Lexington, owed $28,807 in boarding fees; Mike Mitchell Racing Stable, owed $27,060 in training fees; Nicholas Zito Racing Stables, owed $26,877 in training fees; Bob Baffert Racing Stables, owed $21,308.80 in training fees; and others.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/02/04/1123110/zayat-files-for-bankruptcy.html#storylink=cpy

Some of his creditors , from Kentucky .com .

he blamed the bank for not restructuring the loans. Do freakin what?

nijinski
03-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Impressive resume...impressive website

http://www.michaelsrwilsonracing.com/Home.html

UC Davis is a fine University to study equine science . I wish him continued luck on the track !

nijinski
03-25-2014, 12:09 AM
he blamed the bank for not restructuring the loans. Do freakin what?

He's a very interesting man . I do admire the handling of Paynter but
I well remember the stories of his loans , recent ones too .

greengorilla
03-25-2014, 12:20 AM
Well I would like to say Congrats to Mike Wilson, those handicappers and racehorse Owners that don't know him, well you soon will. Mike is the most professional trainer, with the highest moral character I have ever met in the last 20 yrs in the sport. He treats every horse in his barn like a derby winner. And he gets hoses to run the old fashioned way on hay and water. It really is unbelievable. I had the pleasure to meet Mike this year at the Gulfstream Park meet at payson park where he is stabled. And boy did he impress me. Well educated, trust worthy and most of all nice to be around. His knowledge of horses is unreal and his work ethic and attention to detail is incredible. He made a nice claim this year on Be My Love and won first start back . I hope I can send him a horse this year for Saratoga and have him make me 200k like he did with Tanglewood Tale that he claimed from maker for 20k at saratoga last year. Good Luck Mike.

nijinski
03-25-2014, 12:27 AM
Well I would like to say Congrats to Mike Wilson, those handicappers and racehorse Owners that don't know him, well you soon will. Mike is the most professional trainer, with the highest moral character I have ever met in the last 20 yrs in the sport. He treats every horse in his barn like a derby winner. And he gets hoses to run the old fashioned way on hay and water. It really is unbelievable. I had the pleasure to meet Mike this year at the Gulfstream Park meet at payson park where he is stabled. And boy did he impress me. Well educated, trust worthy and most of all nice to be around. His knowledge of horses is unreal and his work ethic and attention to detail is incredible. He made a nice claim this year on Be My Love and won first start back . I hope I can send him a horse this year for Saratoga and have him make me 200k like he did with Tanglewood Tale that he claimed from maker for 20k at saratoga last year. Good Luck Mike.

He does sound impressive , please let us know if you do send one , we'll be watching!

CryingForTheHorses
03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
This is great news for the little guy,So glad a young willing trainer with tons to prove gets some of these horses,Im sure they will get the utmost care.The sad thing is ,The owner has been shaken to the core by all of this,Hopefully this young trainer can breath fresh life into Mr Zayat and show him that it wasnt a mistake giving horses to him.Congrats to all involved and a HUGE congrats to Mr Zayat for getting his horse the hell out of there.

jballscalls
03-26-2014, 09:43 AM
yeah I for one love seeing a small barn get a chance like this.

Robert Goren
03-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Now if the trainer can just get the stalls for his new horses.

Striker
03-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Here's Zayat Stables press release on the subject

http://www.zayatstables.com/articles/zayat-stables-severs-ties-with-asmussen.html

JustRalph
03-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Here's Zayat Stables press release on the subject

http://www.zayatstables.com/articles/zayat-stables-severs-ties-with-asmussen.html

I don't believe half of it. But if half of it's true.......???

Blasi texting? come on? The text message is the latest best refuge of scoundrels

Show Me the Wire
03-26-2014, 09:21 PM
I don't believe half of it. But if half of it's true.......???

Blasi texting? come on? The text message is the latest best refuge of scoundrels

I am skeptical. From an economic standpoint it does not benefit Assmussen. There is no economic benefit for a well stocked trainer to take up a stall for a non-earner to collect the day rate, while using up stable resources. Asmussen would prefer a sound race horse able to earn purse money in the stall.

The economic cookie crumb trail points to the owner.