PDA

View Full Version : Obama wants to get rid of our Tomahawk missiles

ArlJim78
03-24-2014, 04:17 PM
http://freebeacon.com/obama-to-kill-tomahawk-hellfire-missile-programs/
The Tomahawk missile program—known as “the world’s most
advanced cruise missile”—is set to be cut by $128 million under Obama’s fiscal year 2015 budget proposal and completely eliminated by fiscal year 2016, according to budget documents released by
the Navy.
In addition to the monetary cuts to the program, the number of actual
Tomahawk missiles acquired by the United States would drop significantly—from 196 last year to just 100 in 2015. The number will then drop to zero in
Where does the number zero come from? under what analysis is going to zero Tomahawks the smart thing for the US to do at this time?
Other than military pay and weapons programs, what other area of the budget has Obama ever proposed such swift and drastic reductions?

I've been saying it for six years, every action taken by Obama is designed to weaken/undermine/embarrass the US, and/or to elevate the standing of rival/enemy countries. This type of action is the same as waving a white flag.

Any US president who actually had the interest of the United States in mind would occasionally stumble upon a policy action that actually strengthened or directly contributed to the US looking good, standing tall, acting decisive. But no not with this guy. He prefers to disarm while standing by as others ramp things up.

davew
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM
his plan is working

hcap
03-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Much ado about nothing. Again

MONEY
03-24-2014, 05:33 PM
http://freebeacon.com/obama-to-kill-tomahawk-hellfire-missile-programs/

Where does the number zero come from? under what analysis is going to zero Tomahawks the smart thing for the US to do at this time?
Other than military pay and weapons programs, what other area of the budget has Obama ever proposed such swift and drastic reductions?

I've been saying it for six years, every action taken by Obama is designed to weaken/undermine/embarrass the US, and/or to elevate the standing of rival/enemy countries. This type of action is the same as waving a white flag.

Any US president who actually had the interest of the United States in mind would occasionally stumble upon a policy action that actually strengthened or directly contributed to the US looking good, standing tall, acting decisive. But no not with this guy. He prefers to disarm while standing by as others ramp things up.
Comrade ArlJim78, what on earth would we need Tomahawk missiles for in 2016?

Tilley’s dismissal is only the latest in what retired Navy Capt. Joseph John refers to as a “bigger picture” in which some “135 senior officers have been purged.”

“The ‘bigger picture,’” John told WND, “is that the U.S. Armed Forces have been under relentless attack by the occupant of the Oval Office for five years.”

http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/purge-surge-obama-fires-another-commander/

hcap
03-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Comrade ArlJim78, what on earth would we need Tomahawk missiles for in 2016?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/purge-surge-obama-fires-another-commander/So sayeth World Nut Daily :lol:

HUSKER55
03-24-2014, 05:48 PM
I can hardly wait till you have to pray to allah and sing GOD DAMN AMERICA

DANCE AROUND THAT

hcap
03-24-2014, 05:53 PM
My, my you seem a bit perturbed. :cool:

_______
03-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Since it's introduction in the 1970's about 6000 Tomahawks have been built, of which, about 2000 have been fired.

The Navy is currently working on a stealthier version since they are now vulnerable to more advanced SAM systems.

Going to zero on the acquisition front isn't the same as going to zero altogether if that wasn't clear.

I'm fairly sure no one is happy about cutting this program in the absence of a completed replacement. There is a long history of defense program overruns and delays which there would be no reason to think couldn't happen to the projected replacement.

But sequestration does require cuts in the defense budget. Real world, some hard decisions have to be made.

MONEY
03-24-2014, 06:11 PM
So sayeth World Nut Daily :lol:
Very funny Comrade hcap. :)

uU3Fe3HMiRY

ArlJim78
03-24-2014, 06:12 PM
this has nothing to do with sequestration, which has ended.

hcap
03-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Very funny Comrade hcap. :)

uU3Fe3HMiRY

Not exactly earth-shaking now Conrade MONEY. :sleeping:

newtothegame
03-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Not exactly earth-shaking now Conrade MONEY. :sleeping:
Hey Harry, you best not make any more misspellings....
I am sure Mosty will be along shortly to correct......ahhh no he won't, who am I kidding?? lol:lol:

hcap
03-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Little known fact outside of the old soviet union.

Conrade is a higher communist rank than just plain old comrade :rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
03-24-2014, 06:59 PM
In fairness the system will probably be inadequate against our current geopolitical foes due to their improvements in IAD technology within 10 years. By which time our newer generation cruise as well as, possibly, rail guns will be available. I'm not so sure why the author of the Free Beacon is so hung up on the Hellfire in regards to the navy as its a A2G system and while sure navy aircraft do offer A2G support the marines, army, and air force will be impacted much more than the navy from its wind down.

fast4522
03-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Anything and everything this administration has done can be reversed and undone, except Crimea in Ukraine which is lost forever.

Tom
03-25-2014, 07:38 AM
Two for one sale - buy our missiles and get the internet free.
This guy is a disgrace.