PDA

View Full Version : Wildcat Red - under rated?

Smarty Cide
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM
6 starts 5 w's and a 2nd.... kinda feel that everyone brushes this horse off... just saying

stillwater
03-24-2014, 11:56 AM
That was a great "just saying."

Smarty Cide
03-24-2014, 11:58 AM
That was a great "just saying."

thanks i pride myself on the proper time to throw out a 'just saying'... just saying

stillwater
03-24-2014, 11:59 AM
That was even a better 'just saying."

Any time;you're welcome.

bgbootha
03-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Well I would just say that Yes and No!

Very talented horse, but two things have me concerned with him.

1. The distance. I don't see him adding another 1/8 in the Florida Derby helping him and I certainly don't see how going out to 1 1/4 in the Derby is going to help him.

2. He is good, but he isn't as good at what he does as some of the others in the race. WildCat is a front runner plain and simple. In all but one of his races he has been on or 1/2 a length off the lead. With other horses like Uncle Sigh, General A Rod (who I think the distance helps), Samraat, Ring Weekend, Albano, I just don't see how he keeps his head above water.

that being said, he will win his share of races, especially at a mile. but i just don't see it in the triple crown races......just sayin

Smarty Cide
03-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Well I would just say that Yes and No!

Very talented horse, but two things have me concerned with him.

1. The distance. I don't see him adding another 1/8 in the Florida Derby helping him and I certainly don't see how going out to 1 1/4 in the Derby is going to help him.

2. He is good, but he isn't as good at what he does as some of the others in the race. WildCat is a front runner plain and simple. In all but one of his races he has been on or 1/2 a length off the lead. With other horses like Uncle Sigh, General A Rod (who I think the distance helps), Samraat, Ring Weekend, Albano, I just don't see how he keeps his head above water.

that being said, he will win his share of races, especially at a mile. but i just don't see it in the triple crown races......just sayin

not to go off topic, but what are you looking at that says he can not get the distance? the fact that he is a front runner or bloodlines etc... love learning all the little nuances of handicapping... just saying

stillwater
03-24-2014, 12:47 PM
not to go off topic, but what are you looking at that says he can not get the distance? the fact that he is a front runner or bloodlines etc... love learning all the little nuances of handicapping... just saying

Just saying ( maybe first time that term has been used to start a sentence)....I think so, if you do look at the blood lines,but sometimes a stubborn gene gets skipped and all of a sudden pops up.Until WR runs 1 1/8 we won't know for sure.

I do like him,too.

bgbootha
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

Yes and No,

I am definitely looking at bloodlines and Pedigree information when looking at distance running. I am also looking at how well they are running out when they are finishing at their current distances.

Troopa
03-27-2014, 01:13 AM
He's a fighter and I love that in a horse who doesn't have the perfect "bloodline"

lamboguy
03-27-2014, 01:43 AM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: He's a fighter and I love that in a horse who doesn't have the perfect "bloodline"

taxicab
03-27-2014, 02:45 AM
Overrated or Underrated ?
I'll go overrated.
WR has never raced (or more or less worked) at any track besides GP.
Gulfstream Park is a frontrunners paradise.
WR has taken advantage of the conveyor belt that is GP time and time again.
In the FOY he caught every bit of that ridiculous track bias.
So any frontrunner coming out of that race is counterfeit.
The only way he wins the Florida Derby is if the track comes up the exact same way it did for the Fountain of Youth.
Once he leaves Florida the water is going to get a lot deeper for this guy.
His pedigree says sprinter,so anything over 8.5 furlongs on a fair track is going to be difficult for him.
But there is one very interesting thing about his pedigree.
On the female side WR has more hidden mud breeding than just about any horse I've ever seen.
The obvious Raise a Native mud breeding is there.
But the hidden superior mud breeding is startling: Hoist the Flag,Lucky Penny(What Luck),Grey Dawn,Gummo.
Throw in the more well known mudlarks Damascus & Flying Paster to boot.
Whoever bred this horse bred him to run underwater.

letswastemoney
03-27-2014, 03:28 AM
Overrated or Underrated ?
I'll go overrated.
WR has never raced (or more or less worked) at any track besides GP.
Gulfstream Park is a frontrunners paradise.
WR has taken advantage of the conveyor belt that is GP time and time again.
In the FOY he caught every bit of that ridiculous track bias.
So any frontrunner coming out of that race is counterfeit.
The only way he wins the Florida Derby is if the track comes up the exact same way it did for the Fountain of Youth.
Once he leaves Florida the water is going to get a lot deeper for this guy.
His pedigree says sprinter,so anything over 8.5 furlongs on a fair track is going to be difficult for him.
But there is one very interesting thing about his pedigree.
On the female side WR has more hidden mud breeding than just about any horse I've ever seen.
The obvious Raise a Native mud breeding is there.
But the hidden superior mud breeding is startling: Hoist the Flag,Lucky Penny(What Luck),Grey Dawn,Gummo.
Throw in the more well known mudlarks Damascus & Flying Paster to boot.
Whoever bred this horse bred him to run underwater.Also, his dam won a 10F race...

taxicab
03-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Also, his dam won a 10F race...
Also, FW has a Dosage Index of 5.67.
FW sire D'wildcat has produced 13 stakes winners,none of them were at 1 1/8th or farther.

And on the female side(Racine)....None of WR half brothers/sisters has ever won a race at 1 1/8th or beyond.

Smarty Cide
03-27-2014, 04:34 PM
FW sire D'wildcat has produced 13 stakes winners,none of them were at 1 1/8th or farther.

And on the female side(Racine)....None of WR half brothers/sisters has ever won a race at 1 1/8th or beyond.

good stats :ThmbUp:

where do you find info like that?

letswastemoney
03-27-2014, 05:14 PM

None of his siblings were that great! I can't imagine there are many 9 F races for claimers.

taxicab
03-27-2014, 05:25 PM
good stats :ThmbUp:

where do you find info like that?

Various sites.
Or you can use known breeding experts who put stuff online.
Plus I have a couple of friends that follow the stuff(breeding) religiously.
FYI.....I believe on this site there are some fabulous breeding experts....I'm nowhere near in their league.
Here are some good sites.

http://www.bloodlines.net/

http://www.pedigreequery.com/

http://www.pedigreequery.com/race+horse

pondman
03-27-2014, 05:29 PM
He's under rated. In against people and trainers with piles of money.

taxicab
03-27-2014, 07:15 PM
None of his siblings were that great! I can't imagine there are many 9 F races for claimers.
Like I said, 13 Stakes winners....Those aren't claimers.

And neither were these.
His best:
Gr. 1 De Francis- 6 Furlongs.
Gr. 2 Churchill Downs Handicap- 7 Furlongs.
Gr. 3 Swale- 7 furlongs.
I don't know what you're looking for here LWM.
Anybody that has a clue about breeding knows that D'Wildcat as a sire is considered Sprint up to a Mile.

stillwater
03-27-2014, 07:43 PM

And neither were these.
His best:
Gr. 3 Swale- 7 furlongs.
Anybody that has a clue about breeding knows that D'Wildcat as a sire is considered Sprint up to a Mile.

I will back you because I took a long look at him, too.I like him, but he's going to have to run against his genes.....which doesn't sound right but you know what I mean.

Troopa
03-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Track bias? There were other horses on that field that day and they weren't going like he was going from gate to wire. Along with general arod made it look like a classic match race :lol:

letswastemoney
03-27-2014, 08:03 PM

And neither were these.
His best:
Gr. 3 Swale- 7 furlongs.
Well I was talking about his half siblings related to the dam.

taxicab
03-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Well I was talking about his half siblings related to the dam.

You said none of his siblings.
His half siblings related to the dam have never won a race beyond 1 mile 70 yards.
As stated in a previous post.