PDA

View Full Version : pace programs

bugboy
04-11-2004, 09:46 AM
good morning, or afternoon gentlemen, ladies,

i am looking for a pace program, now nothing too expensive, since i am retired, i don't want to pay 300.,400. or 500. dollors for one, even though they might be better than the less expensive ones. i'll just have to do with the cheaper one. Now i'm not a BIG bettor by any stretch of the imagination,however, when i do play a horse i'd like to have some logic behind my decision.
So if anyone out there can give me some direction with this, i would appreciate it very much.

P.S. my father once told me:"The more you know, the less you know" mmmm hope thats not true with handicapping!!!

thanks in advance,

bugboy

cato
04-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Bugboy--Welcome to the board.

First, go to Selections section and find the thread that gives you the link to CJMilkowski's (spelling?) web site. For now he is posting the results of his program for free. It has some of the best numbers and displays (plus, occasionally some dead-on analysis) avaialble

Then, take a look at the programs offered by BRIS and TRN for free. You just have to pay for daily downloads as you make the downloads.

Then, look into programs you can buy:

HTR is "free": but you have to pay $100 a month for unlimited downloads. All-in-One is $200 (I think) and it also has the $100 a month unlimited downloads (although it also allows you to manually input the data). Netcapper is $400 and has the $100 a month download (and does NOT have a manual download option)

Trackmaster may have some programs that are pace oriented

Finally certain former Sartinistas (students of the Sartin Methodology) group appear to be making efforts to piece back together a support/discussion group; and you may be able to get a program although its a little vague at this time--go to the yahoo link that is the subject of a recent posting on this board (and I think its on this topc

"Handicapping Magic" is also available. Go to www.itsdata.com

Of course there's Horse Street, but its a little more expensive (and has the $mmonthly download charges) and, perhaps, for folks who are more advanced with both computers and handicapping concepts

I'm sure there are others out there

Good luck, Cato

cato
04-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Bugboy said: "The more you know, the less you know" mmmm hope thats not true with handicapping!!!"

Its up for debate.

Cato
:D

Exactaman
04-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by cato
Its up for debate.

Undoubtedly the more you know the better. It's what happens between the time you know it and the time you make the bet that can screw things up :)

stuball
04-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Welcome

It is not always best to know more but it is best to know what to know........do you understand that ? If you do please let me know what I mean....Happy Easter..

Stuball

p.s. or who you learn it from....make sure he is a winner....
:confused:

JimG
04-11-2004, 01:11 PM
I would also add HTRF to the programs listed above if a pace program is what you are looking for. More info can be found at www.htrf.com

Jim

peakpros
04-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by cato
Bugboy--Welcome to the board.

First, go to Selections section and find the thread that gives you the link to CJMilkowski's (spelling?) web site. For now he is posting the results of his program for free. It has some of the best numbers and displays (plus, occasionally some dead-on analysis) avaialble

Then, take a look at the programs offered by BRIS and TRN for free. You just have to pay for daily downloads as you make the downloads.

Then, look into programs you can buy:

HTR is "free": but you have to pay $100 a month for unlimited downloads. All-in-One is $200 (I think) and it also has the $100 a month unlimited downloads (although it also allows you to manually input the data). Netcapper is $400 and has the $100 a month download (and does NOT have a manual download option)

Trackmaster may have some programs that are pace oriented

Finally certain former Sartinistas (students of the Sartin Methodology) group appear to be making efforts to piece back together a support/discussion group; and you may be able to get a program although its a little vague at this time--go to the yahoo link that is the subject of a recent posting on this board (and I think its on this topc

"Handicapping Magic" is also available. Go to www.itsdata.com

Of course there's Horse Street, but its a little more expensive (and has the $mmonthly download charges) and, perhaps, for folks who are more advanced with both computers and handicapping concepts

I'm sure there are others out there

Good luck, Cato

I second the idea of using CJ's numbers. I think his website is incredible in terms of effort and content.

If he does his numbers for Monmouth i'll be the guy at the paddock with the big smile on his face.

cj
04-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Monmouth will definitely be on the site, I learned racing in Jersey, and Larry Collmus is the one who started me in racing. I do appreciate all the compliments, you guys go a overboard!

peakpros
04-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Monmouth will definitely be on the site, I learned racing in Jersey, and Larry Collmus is the one who started me in racing. I do appreciate all the compliments, you guys go a overboard!

great and thanks...

i always knew there was an easter bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cato
04-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Bugboy--On the programs you can buy, I keft off Equisim. There have ben a lot of good things said about it here. Do a search if you are inetersted
Cato

so.cal.fan
04-11-2004, 06:01 PM
http://www.rspos.com/Rs-Pos_Intro.pdf

bugboy
04-11-2004, 06:42 PM
I want to thank everyone who gave me suggestions on pace programs. I will be looking into them. And one other note:
with the responce and interest the folks on this board have given me, I know this has to be a very veryhelpul board.

thanks again

bugboy