PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Handle Increase

badcompany
03-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Seems to be up consistently 50% compared to last year.

The product or the drivers haven't changed.

Someone mentioned that the signal might be more available. Does anyone know if this is the case?

cmp92
03-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Seems to be up consistently 50% compared to last year.

The product or the drivers haven't changed.

Someone mentioned that the signal might be more available. Does anyone know if this is the case?
I think the handle on Sundays has been very good so far. They face no competition on Sundays, at least from other harness tracks. Harrah's Philly opens soon, which might hurt them.

Last season, they used to race on Wednesday nights. This year, they've switched to Thursdays. I don't know how handle was on Wednesday nights last year, but perhaps Thursdays are a better night for bettors?

These are just a couple of thoughts. They have also added a pick five wager, but by no means is that large enough to account for the overall increase. I have no knowledge of expanding their signal, perhaps someone else does.

cmp92
03-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Another good night. Some exacta and trifecta pools hit $10,000+. Some win pools were around $4,000-$5,000. Those are good numbers by their standards.

Just a Fan
03-28-2014, 01:20 AM
361,000 tonight, which is good for them. 433K on 12 races Sunday. I wonder what's behind the increase. I haven't been there for awhile, but I doubt the boost is ontrack.

Ray2000
03-28-2014, 04:37 AM
Players who "Can't play Monticello" anymore might be looking elsewhere?

justa thought

CHeCK EyE
03-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Mention racing Thursday and not Wednesday. I'd guess more people are at the track on Thursdays and both Yonkers and the Big M race Thursday nights while neither raced on Wednesday nights. Just by having more people at the simulcasting tracks could spark an increase.

cmp92
03-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Players who "Can't play Monticello" anymore might be looking elsewhere?

justa thought
Possibly. I noticed that even Buffalo Raceway has had decent betting handle.

pandy
03-28-2014, 06:58 PM
As some of you mentioned, it's probably the scheduling. There is very little racing on Sundays now and Balmoral was closed for quite some time and that is the top signal on Sunday. The Meadowlands is only racing twice a week. Monticello is essentially shut down to off track bettors. When the tracks that bettors like to bet are closed, they look elsewhere for action.