PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Repugs

hcap
03-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Female Fred Phelps running for office?

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/the-republican-party-can-t-escape-the-fringe-20140321

The Republican Party Can’t Escape the Fringe
A congressional candidate in Illinois is doing everything the party desperately wants to stop

OOPS..
Back in January, Atanus, who lost the GOP primary for the same seat in 2010 and 2012, told the editorial board of Chicago's Daily Herald she believes that God is punishing the United States for same-sex marriage.

"God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

God's wrath doesn't stop with the military and AIDS. According to Atanus, God's anger has also resulted in tornadoes, autism, and dementia. "Abortions should not be used for birth control," she added.
:eek: :eek:

HUSKER55
03-21-2014, 07:31 AM
it is illinois, land of BO what did you expect? they are following our leader!

Nice catch! :lol:

ArlJim78
03-21-2014, 07:34 AM
I live in that district and have never heard of this woman. I'm far more concerned and ashamed that my representative is and will remain the odious Jan Schakowsky.

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2014, 09:52 AM
So let me get this straight.

Hcap labels this woman crazy, but I am guessing he still has a copy of the Tanakh in his home where it states:

“If a man lies with a male as one lies with a woman, the two of them have done an abhorrent thing; they shall be put to death—their bloodguilt is upon them” (Leviticus 20:13)." The Torah considers a homosexual act between two men to be an abhorrent thing (to’evah), punishable by death—a strong prohibition.I guess hcap is crazy for still having this kind of blatant anti-gay propaganda in his possession.

DJofSD
03-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Mike, have you been watching "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?"

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Never seen it or read the book. But will one day...why?

DJofSD
03-21-2014, 10:10 AM
The quotation from Leviticus reminded me of that movie. It's difficult to go into any detailed explanation without it becoming a spoiler for you if you do plan to watch it.

Clocker
03-21-2014, 10:56 AM
The woman is crazy by definition: she is running for Congress in Chicago as a Republican.

As the article says, her personal views are completely out of line with the GOP, and the party wants nothing to do with her. How does that translate into "Crazy Repugs"?

She should really run as a Democrat. She is obviously as bat-shite crazy as Nancy Pelosi, and well qualified for party leadership. That would be the Nancy Pelosi who has been attacked by the leadership of her own church for her religious views.

Tom
03-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Very good movie! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

hcap
03-21-2014, 01:15 PM
So let me get this straight.

Hcap labels this woman crazy, but I am guessing he still has a copy of the Tanakh in his home where it states:

I guess hcap is crazy for still having this kind of blatant anti-gay propaganda in his possession.Why don't you take it up with boxcar? I have argued the literal idiocy of Leviticus with him many times.

And you and your repugs are crazy if you support her politically.

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Why don't you take it up with boxcar? I have argued the literal idiocy of Leviticus with him many times.

And you and your repugs are crazy if you support her politically.What's to argue? It states clear as day if you engage in homosexual acts, you should be put to death. I'm pretty sure the meaning and intent is pretty clear.

Do you think that whoever wrote that back in the day didn't mean that part to be interpreted that way?

Clocker
03-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Do you think that whoever wrote that back in the day didn't mean that part to be interpreted that way?

I thought the bible was God's word. :confused:

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2014, 01:54 PM
I thought the bible was God's word. :confused:I include HIM among the list of possible "whoevers"

hcap
03-21-2014, 02:15 PM
I have argued against literal interpretations of the bible ever since the religious thread began. I have called Leviticus an expression of a primitive tribal culture totally out of context in society today.

I have also said that there is a huge difference between Leviticus and Ecclesiastes and/or the Sermon on the Mount.

Argue with boxcar.

PS: She is still a crazy repug. Remember the religious right votes republican.
Your guys are loonies.

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2014, 02:28 PM
I have argued against literal interpretations of the bible ever since the religious thread began. I have called Leviticus an expression of a primitive tribal culture totally out of context in society today.

I have also said that there is a huge difference between Leviticus and Ecclesiastes and/or the Sermon on the Mount.

Argue with boxcar.

PS: She is still a crazy repug. Remember the religious right votes republican.
Your guys are loonies.Well, if that's how you view the Bible, then where do you draw the line? Who decides what was a product of primitive tribal culture and what is still relevant today?

The whole thing is silly.

And those who decide certain parts are still relevant today are criticized for that belief? Called crazy?

Yeah, I know it's not politically correct to say what she says or believe what she believes, but I also don't think it's right to call her crazy.

For if you do that, then EVERYONE who has a bible in their home (whether Jewish or Christian) is equally crazy, in my opinion.

And for the record, NO, I don't subscribe to this woman's beliefs on homosexuality, in case you were wondering.

I do find it offensive though, that those who chose to interpret certain things in the bible as relevant are automatically written off as crazy.

hcap
03-21-2014, 02:53 PM
The Religious thread is over 11,000 replies, I have explained my position many times. If you like ,start another religious thread. :lol:

Meanwhile the political tea party lunacy continues with the religious right
Democrats have nothing to do with your idiocy.

She is another Fred Phelps.

Tom
03-21-2014, 03:18 PM
I include HIM among the list of possible "whoevers"

Whoevers, in that case. ;)