PDA

View Full Version : Vernal Equinox

Actor
03-20-2014, 03:11 PM
I notice that today is Vernal Equinox day. Imagine my surprise. I knew Vernal back in high school. It's such an unusual name it has to be the same guy. I never thought Vernal would amount to much let alone have a day named after him. I could have sworn he was born in May. Whatever. Wherever you are Vernal, have a nice day. :)

cj's dad
03-20-2014, 10:21 PM
I notice that today is Vernal Equinox day. Imagine my surprise. I knew Vernal back in high school. It's such an unusual name it has to be the same guy. I never thought Vernal would amount to much let alone have a day named after him. I could have sworn he was born in May. Whatever. Wherever you are Vernal, have a nice day. :)

Amazing that you took 10 minutes or so to post such nonsense

HUSKER55
03-20-2014, 10:30 PM
I thought it was supposed to be humor.

Evidentaly, I am wrong.

What is your point? Thanks!

BlueShoe
03-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Just think, in three months we can revive this thread at the Summer Solstice. Now, have never known a guy named Vernal. Do recall two or three guys named Vern. However, have known several gals named Summer, so in three months we can all come back and talk about Summer.

HUSKER55
03-21-2014, 03:48 AM
I knew a gal called Winter that would have made the last 4 months so enjoyable that if god gave me a wish I would have asked for several more vortexs.

Not that I have anything against you guys but she makes my arthritus go away.

:lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
03-21-2014, 09:50 AM
I have known gals named for all of the seasons. Summer was really special and stood out. Of course she wouldn't give me the time of day.:(

Tom
03-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Didn't the Vernal guy used to sell ginger ale in Detroit?

Steve 'StatMan'
03-21-2014, 12:33 PM
It is humor. A long time ago, mid-80's, Bartels & James Wine Coolers used Vernal Equinox and the "frankly we never thought he'd amount to much." Here's to you, Vernal, and we thank you for your support.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-21-2014, 12:36 PM
I found it! Can't completely forget a good bit, although I didn't remember all of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSoCT4IHpsE