PDA

View Full Version : Break up the Ferraro barn !

PhantomOnTour
03-18-2014, 04:56 PM
A pet longshot trainer of mine in NY, James Ferraro, is suddenly winning on a regular basis.
Usually a 5% trainer, he was 0% last year but is 5-19 this year. Nice prices too, as one would expect from such a low % barn.
His lowest priced winner was around 7-2 and all the others were over 10-1, including Vihndication Spot at about 23-1.
His non winners are hitting the board regularly, too.
Had a repeat winner yesterday at 10-1 in the 5th (Sweetest Side).
It may sound strange, but I had laser precision on when to bet his runners, and did so with excellent results...until 2013 when he whiffed for the year.
Faith has rewarded me nicely so far in 2014, and Ferraro is going very well right now....but....

It all may end quickly though as the outer dirt opens at Aqu soon and the big boys will be coming back from Florida.
Love following some of these low % bomb barns - believe it or not, they have winning patterns, too.

James Ferraro - a poor man's Randi Persaud :lol:

PhantomOnTour
04-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Sweetest Side wins her 3rd straight at Aqu today, at 7-2.
Ferraro now 6-26 on the year.

PhantomOnTour
05-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Vihndication Spot at about 6-1 wins the 6th at Belmont today.

Ferraro now around 25% for the year

PhantomOnTour
05-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Ferraro has a 50-1 ML runner tomorrow in Race 10 at Belmont, and he meets almost all the criteria of the longshot profile.

Not sure if they will be on turf or not, and there's 16 entries, so I have to wait to see who's actually running (and on what surface) before deciding whether to play this guy....First Ranger is his name.

The main things I like are the jock switch and the cutback. Ferraro has done well with distance changes (note how this runner did when stretched out) and he shows a nice ROI with cutbacks.
He has been running for a tag under the n1x condition lately, but steps into n2x this time....there is good reason for his long ML odds.

Only reason to play him is pure faith...do you believe?

theguarantee
05-25-2014, 09:34 PM
As an avid finger lakes follower I am obligated to be a bit of a Ferraro fan and he's been good to me over the years too but you might need to be admitted if you really think first ranger has a chance to even fill out the super tomorrow.

RunForTheRoses
05-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Ferraro has a 50-1 ML runner tomorrow in Race 10 at Belmont, and he meets almost all the criteria of the longshot profile.

Not sure if they will be on turf or not, and there's 16 entries, so I have to wait to see who's actually running (and on what surface) before deciding whether to play this guy....First Ranger is his name.

The main things I like are the jock switch and the cutback. Ferraro has done well with distance changes (note how this runner did when stretched out) and he shows a nice ROI with cutbacks.
He has been running for a tag under the n1x condition lately, but steps into n2x this time....there is good reason for his long ML odds.

Only reason to play him is pure faith...do you believe?

Thanks for the tip off. You're research has paid off. JFis winning at a n awesome percentage this year as you wrote. Hopefully he has one more in him so I can afford a summer vacation lol. This will make up for the GP P6!!

PhantomOnTour
05-26-2014, 05:47 PM
Looks like this guy will get slaughtered :lol:

theguarantee
05-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Looks like this guy will get slaughtered :lol:

Well I was right about your horse but if it makes you feel any better my horses ran almost as bad.

PhantomOnTour
06-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Vihndication Spot goes for Ferraro in the finale on Weds (along with another runner from his barn) and the 20-1 ML is too high.
Twice he has won going route-sprint and he repeats that move tomorrow.
Think the #1 is clearly the one to beat, and at this point is the only runner whom I can say is definitely better than VS....if he is right he can get in the exacta.

Maximillion
06-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Vihndication Spot goes for Ferraro in the finale on Weds (along with another runner from his barn) and the 20-1 ML is too high.
Twice he has won going route-sprint and he repeats that move tomorrow.
Think the #1 is clearly the one to beat, and at this point is the only runner whom I can say is definitely better than VS....if he is right he can get in the exacta.

I like his other one the 6 Kiss Cat......appears to have definitely stepped forward since moving to the Ferraro barn,and he thought enough of her to try a couple of state alws (in too tough in 5-16 flop)
Its a good betting race.

PhantomOnTour
06-11-2014, 07:28 PM
I like his other one the 6 Kiss Cat......appears to have definitely stepped forward since moving to the Ferraro barn,and he thought enough of her to try a couple of state alws (in too tough in 5-16 flop)
Its a good betting race.
Both got pretty good trips, both looked to be a threat around mid turn, and both disappointed :ThmbDown:

Maximillion
06-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Both got pretty good trips, both looked to be a threat around mid turn, and both disappointed :ThmbDown:

I liked the :6: quite a bit there,and I liked her even better shortly after the break....was just inhaled;thought she would have more kick turning back.

I used your 7 as a saver,I seen you pull many of these out.Thought the :1:
was a beatable favorite.

PhantomOnTour
08-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Did I wake up in Bizarro World today?

Was taking a long look at Ferraro's runner in R2 at Sar, and then he shows up at 8-5 odds on the first flash of the tote....whaaaaaaaaat? I know he broke his maiden here, but this is weird.

This is his move though...2nd start of the meet, class drop

Value lies with the #8 now

Tom
08-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Did I wake up in Bizarro World today?

Was taking a long look at Ferraro's runner in R2 at Sar, and then he shows up at 8-5 odds on the first flash of the tote....whaaaaaaaaat? I know he broke his maiden here, but this is weird.

This is his move though...2nd start of the meet, class drop

Value lies with the #8 now

See, now this was my LS pick today.
But I am nuts because I don't care for Saratoga.:rolleyes:

PhantomOnTour
08-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Gallops at 3-1

Tom
08-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Great, I get off him in the Del Toga contest and go to the 7.
When does Monmouth open again? :bang:

PhantomOnTour
07-31-2021, 01:37 PM
Going to give Ferraro a shot to hit the money here in R2 at Saratoga today at a good price.
Has competitive numbers, had a wide trip vs good splits last time while staying close to the front.
Loses the hood, drops in class, stretches out, and is second time at the meet (which Ferraro does okay with).

I'll take a shot at anything over 10-1, under the 1-11-12 in ex and a win bet.

PhantomOnTour
07-31-2021, 01:51 PM
He ran a fantastic 8th
:headbanger: