PDA

View Full Version : Another Warrior Retires

CryingForTheHorses
03-16-2014, 11:03 AM
A very bittersweet day in our barn this morning as we said goodbye to the barn matriarch RIVERSRUNRYLEE...Rylee ran mostly at Tampa and Calder with a few races at GP and a couple at Suffix Downs..He ammassed 100 starts with a record of 22-11-9 with earning of $441.580.00 for a average of $4.441.61 per start..This guy was a warrior always very exciting to watch run.He is owned by Mike..Picsix one of our members.Rylee is 10yrs old and will stay a short time in Ocala where he will then go to Old Friends in Kentucky.He deserves it!!..He is one of the 3% of claimers that get to the ripe old age of ten with his life still intact..We will miss him and yes there were tears saying goodbye to him this morning..Kudos to Mike for being the kind of owner that know when enough is enough. We will miss him but his memories of his exciting races will be with us forever..Congrats Rylee...You made it!

Tom
03-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear, Tom.
She is lucky to have been with you. :ThmbUp:

mcschellfan
03-16-2014, 11:36 AM
When someone looks in the dictionary for racehorse, RYLEE'S picture would be underneath. How lucky he got to spend the end of his career with Tom and Lisa, no better place.
Can't think of a more deserving warrior to enjoy a wonderful retirement!!!!

BombsAway Bob
03-16-2014, 11:41 AM
A very bittersweet day in our barn this morning as we said goodbye to the barn matriarch RIVERSRUNRYLEE...Rylee ran mostly at Tampa and Calder with a few races at GP and a couple at Suffix Downs..He ammassed 100 starts with a record of 22-11-9 with earning of $441.580.00 for a average of $4.441.61 per start..This guy was a warrior always very exciting to watch run.He is owned by Mike..Picsix one of our members.Rylee is 10yrs old and will stay a short time in Ocala where he will then go to Old Friends in Kentucky.He deserves it!!..He is one of the 3% of claimers that get to the ripe old age of ten with his life still intact..We will miss him and yes there were tears saying goodbye to him this morning..Kudos to Mike for being the kind of owner that know when enough is enough. We will miss him but his memories of his exciting races will be with us forever..Congrats Rylee...You made it!

Sorry to see Rylee leave your barn, but plenty
of great memories.
The kind of horse the game is all about.
Peppermints & Carrots for Rylee!

Mineshaft
03-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Props to both owner and trainer for taking good care of this horse

lamboguy
03-16-2014, 01:48 PM
that is great, i love those old guys. we had one that is still alive today at age 20, DABNEY CARR.

i am sure that RYLEE will miss you guys as well

Beachbabe
03-16-2014, 02:04 PM
A nice tribute & a nice act of kindness by two class guys: Mike & Tom.

iceknight
03-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Wow, that is phenomenal! Kudos to the whole team and a well deserved retirement to Rylee!

BettinBilly
03-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the memories Rylee. A well deserved retirement awaits.

PICSIX
03-16-2014, 07:27 PM

Rylee truly was a warrior who loved the race track atmosphere. He would get jealous of neighboring horses if they were going to the track and he wasn't...it pissed him off! Tom had to place him in the end stall so he could watch what was going on at the track on race days.

Unfortunately his 100th start was his last. Rylee deserves a classy retirement, he EARNED it!!! I'm so pleased he was accepted by Old Friends. My family and I look forward to feeding him peppermints on visits to Kentucky!! :ThmbUp:

I want to thank Tom & Lisa for all they have done for Rylee.... it's tough seeing a horse like him go!!