PDA

View Full Version : Tesla/Christie/NJ

highnote
03-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Interesting what is going on with Tesla Motors trying to sell cars in N.J. and Christie backing the auto dealers association in trying to block direct sales of autos to consumers.

Here's a funny quote from Musk in a letter to the people of N.J. about the rationale for the dealers association asking for a law that bans direct auto sales to consumers:

The rationale given for the regulation change that requires auto companies to sell through dealers is that it ensures "consumer protection". If you believe this, Gov. Christie has a bridge closure he wants to sell you! Unless they are referring to the mafia version of "protection", this is obviously untrue.
I have to side with Musk on this one. Whatever happened to free markets?

Clocker
03-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Whatever happened to free markets?

Apparently consumers are getting stupider and no longer know what is good for them. Luckily, civic-minded progressives have stepped into the breech and taken it upon themselves to protect the common folk from their own stupidity.

Little by little, Christie is showing his true colors. At this rate, he may just skip the White House and run for mayor of Chicago.

Tom
03-15-2014, 04:35 PM
There is an 800 pound gorilla in Christie's camp.
Oh, wait, it's Christie.

Never mind.

TJDave
03-15-2014, 04:57 PM
I have to side with Musk on this one. Whatever happened to free markets?

Musk isn't exactly operating in a free market. Everytime he sells a car you and I pay for part of it. ;)