PDA

View Full Version : Slew's Fast Horses for Saturday, 03/15

MeSlew
03-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Hello All! For Saturday, March 15, 2014 we have the following tracks and races on Slew's agenda:

Aqueduct - 2,3,8,9
Gulfstream - 2,4,6,8,9,10,11
SantaAnita - 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9
Tampa - 9,10
Calder - 3
Fairgrounds - 4,7,8,9
Parx - 6
Oaklawn - 2,6,8,9

A rather full plate as we begin to gear up towards the start of another season of great racing. Of the first three Key horses for this year, two won, and the third was a scratch.

On 3/2, March Reward hit the wire first paying $9.00 in the 11th at Gulfstream Park.
On 3/6, English Class was truant from the 10th in Hallandale, a victim of the weather.
And on 3/9, My Miss Sophia paid $3.00 to win at Gulfstream Park.

Hey...I just give the names. I can't control the prices.

For Saturday, we have another Key Horse running:

Effie Trinket - GP (10) CD 11/16/13 # 9

This is a nice NY bred running for Rick Violet with Saez in the irons. They have meant business this year, winning at a .31% clip. Our miss Effie has done little wrong since May 2, 2013 at Belmont Park, and has twice shown her affinity for racing in open company winning the Diamondrella Stakes on 7/7/2013 at Belmont and just missing in the Mrs. Revere Stakes - Gr. 2 at Churchill on 11/16/2013.

She has been given a breather and is running back for the first time since that race last November. Violet has not been shy with her work tab, finishing the 6 posted works with a breezing mile in 1:43 at the Palm Meadows Training Center. But...this won't be an easy spot, as several in here merit attention.

Centre Court returns after an amazing run lasting a full year, then going off form in her last 3 after winning the Jenny Wiley last April at Keeneland. We'll see if the 5 year old mare is ready to have another winning season, as Leparoux gets back aboard.

Tapicat ran well as a shipper for Bill Mott in the Buena Vista on 2/17, but that was out west at Santa Anita. A career high 96 Beyer fig was way best for her, and the question remains whether she can duplicate that run here on an eastern turf course. J.R. stays aboard.

Kitten's Point comes off of a beautiful turf work for Graham Motion with Prado up once again. While this daughter of the super sire Kittens Joy needs to up her game if she is to compete at the stakes level effectively, she has not only upside, but genes on her side as well! She appears to like the Florida lifestyle, and I look for her to make noise in her 2nd off the layoff run here in the Honey Fox.

Parranda and Kitten's Point appear to be best suited to set the pace, and while I'm not sure that Effie Trinket will match speed figs with some of these, she is a proven tough customer in the stretch. If she has enough air in her, she'll contest at the finish line. I'm hoping her odds drift up just a bit from her 5-1 ML.

Enjoy the Saturday racing, good luck and good 'capping!