PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 4/10 Aqu, Kee, Haw

Valuist
04-10-2004, 12:09 AM
$2.17 ROI (10 for 42)

HAWTHORNE-some good racing today but it looks like it might be on the chalky side

HAW 6th- SHANDY-really liked the improvement he showed in his 4YO bow. Montalvo decided to rate Silver Bid last time. I think it will be a mistake if he does it again. Out of My Way is the horse to beat but he clearly isn't as good at Haw as AP.

HAW 8th- BARREL RACER- very sharp now. The GP preps paid off last out.

AQU 1st- ACT OF REFORM- hard to argue w/this one's form. Normally leery of betting horses claimed away from Dutrow, but it hasn't hurt him.

AQU 3rd- ARTURO-nice solid move forward for 4 YO bow. Good chance to pair up that number.

AQU 6th- CLEVER ELECTRICIAN-think he can beat Literary Row out of the gate for the lead. He's won at the track and the distance.

AQU 8th- ROYAL ASSAULT- already detailed this in OTM Al's Wood Memorial post. Strictly a value play on a lightly raced horse who could appreciate the longer distances. Frankel and Master David are the horses to beat but they also will be heavily bet.

AQU 9th- WELL FANCIED- might be the best 7f horse who isn't named Congaree. Doesn't have to have the lead and figures to be off what should be a brutal pace. Thought he won very easily last time. 5 for 7 at 7f.

KEE 2nd- PHAT has caught off tracks in her last 4. Last fall she won at 7f/Kee at 9-1. Daily Report looks like lone speed but she ran poorly in her only Kee start. I believe Kee is a horse-for course track. Kee may have excellent Mdn and Allw races, but they have some of the worst open 10000-15000 claiming races I've ever seen. This one flat out sucks.

KEE 5th-MARINO MARINI-think he makes the lead here. No Pico Centrals or Bluesthestandards in this field. Christine's Outlaw was just the opposite; lone speed in his last and still fell apart. Lion Tamer is a play against; like Daily Report, he's only run once at Kee but it was a miserable effort.

KEE 9th- LIMEHOUSE- going to try to beat the heavy favorite/lone speed Lion Heart. Limehouse will probably lay 2nd; he's hasn't done too much wrong on fast tracks and he has run well over the Kee surface. He showed in the Hutcheson he can track fast horses.