PDA

View Full Version : Serious injury for TUP jock

fmhealth
03-12-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/turf-paradise-jockey-von-rosen-sustains-serious-spinal-injury-spill

My heart goes out to this tough young lady. God bless.

NJ Stinks
03-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Really sorry to read the news. I wish only the best for Anne Von Rosen as she recovers from this fall.

LAP_520
03-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Anne needs our Prayers and Best Wishes.... terrible, just terrible.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/jockey-von-rosen-seriously-injured-in-turf-paradise-spill/

Beachbabe
03-12-2014, 08:06 PM
What a shame. It sounds like she will be paralyzed from the waist down. Prayers go out to her.
In no other sport do the athletes risk more in life & limb multiple times a day than these people.
God bless & watch out for all of them.

Mystic
03-12-2014, 08:11 PM
damn.. Hate to hear that. This can give the highest of highs and the lowest of lows sometimes. Perhaps they will set up a fund for her. If someone see's that, please post a link.

greengorilla
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM
To those that don't know Annie, she is a wonderful human being on and off the track. She is the one of the most gritty hard trying riders I have ever met. She's fun to be around and has more passion and heart then 90% of the riders I know. To both her and her significant other Phil Hartman may god bless both of you and I am praying for both of you.

Mystic
03-12-2014, 08:21 PM
"Female Jockeys" Facebook page for updates.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FemaleJockeys/

lamboguy
03-12-2014, 08:25 PM
all my hopes prayers and love go out to that brave lady. and more white light and more prayers from my family go out to her and her family.

greengorilla
03-12-2014, 08:30 PM
If anyone is intrested in sending a get well card or flowers, she is at John C Lincoln Mountain Hospital 250 east Dunlap Ave. Phoenix, AZ

iwearpurple
03-12-2014, 08:49 PM
This hits home as she has ridden horses for us.

My prayers are with you Anne.

wisconsin
03-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Richard Grunder (Tampa) asked for fans to keep her in our prayers prior to race one, and then called her name during the running. Pretty classy, I thought.

nijinski
03-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Good thoughts and prayers sent for her and out to her loved ones .

cutchemist42
03-12-2014, 10:30 PM
damn.. Hate to hear that. This can give the highest of highs and the lowest of lows sometimes. Perhaps they will set up a fund for her. If someone see's that, please post a link.

Really hate to see this, as someone who follows TUP decently close. If anyone here gets word of a fund, please post it here.

NJ Stinks
03-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Richard Grunder (Tampa) asked for fans to keep her in our prayers prior to race one, and then called her name during the running. Pretty classy, I thought.

Just watched the replay because of your post, Wisconsin. Well done by Mr. Grunder. :ThmbUp:

tanner12oz
03-13-2014, 10:19 AM
I just called the hospital to see about sending a letter and they said she their was nobody by that name there. if anyone has an update I would like to get a card out...I called 602-943-2381

LAP_520
03-13-2014, 10:58 AM
This is very Heart Breaking....

On Facebook... Jim Gath posted:

An update from one of Anne Van Rosen's friends, Dan Brock........
"Update on Ann Van Rosen. Unfortunately t5 was crushed and spinal cord was severed. As a result the damage is permanent. Prayers are still needed to help lift her spirits in this new challenge she is facing." The 'kids' & I just sent her a teddy bear.......This is just horrible news...

LAP_520
03-13-2014, 11:32 AM
The link I posted earlier has this fund raiser info...

Bainum, who has worked for von Rosen for six years, said that a fund had been set up through the Turf Paradise horsemen’s office (http://www.turfparadise.com/corporate.php) to help the jockey with her medical expenses. Bucky Huff, horsemen’s bookkeeper at the track, said that a fundraiser is also being planned for April to help von Rosen, and is likely to include silent and live auctions, a bake sale, and a dinner.

johnhannibalsmith
03-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Just brutal.

I guess to frame it in a slightly less devastating light, several people said that it almost surely would have been a whole, whole lot worse were it not for the action of Rudy Arvizu (fellow jock) to get her basically freed from the horse once trapped.

LAP_520
03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
For those interested .. here is a link to watch Turf Paradise Race 1 on 3/11/2014. Anne is on the #8 horse, finishing second.

This video does not show the spill... only her ride.

Click on Race 1

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/rcn_video/browse/TUD/2014-03-11

LAP_520
03-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Fund Raiser questions for Anne von Rosen...

Turf Paradise
1501 W. Bell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85023
Tel: 602.942.1101
Fax: 602.942.8659

ask for :
Bucky Huff - Horsemen's Bookkeeper

jdhanover
03-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Instead of buying/sending a card, donate the couple of $ you would have spent on the card to the fund they set up for her. It will do her more good - very expensive road ahead of her.

Terrible tragedy.

Here's hoping modern medicine finds a way to fix these horrific types of injuries.

lamboguy
03-13-2014, 03:12 PM
done

LAP_520
03-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Friday, March 14, 2014

Prayers are still needed for Anne... having a second surgery

"Basically had the horse to a walk and the horse was in distress. Had a heat stroke type of thing and the horse collapsed on her," said close friend and Von Rosen's agent Troy Bainum.

http://www.kpho.com/story/24972877/jockey-paralyzed-after-accident-at-turf-paradise

LAP_520
03-14-2014, 07:15 PM
March 14, 2014
Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund

Posted on their Facebook page....

JOCKEY PARALYZED IN SPILL AT TURF PARADISE

Jockey Anne Von Rosen, 43, suffered a serious spinal injury while pulling up her mount after the 1st race at Turf Paradise on March 11th. After a 400-yd QH race in which Von Rosen finished 2nd, her horse went down on the backstretch, somersaulted and pinned the jockey underneath. She was transported to a local Phoenix hospital where she underwent evening surgery to address her spinal injuries. Most grievously, Von Rosen is now paralyzed from her waist down according to both her agent, Troy Bainum, and The Jockeys' Guild, of which she is a member. A second surgery is scheduled for today to stabilize her back thus enabling her to sit comfortably in a chair.

We hope you join with us at PDJF to support Ms. Von Rosen who has been a mainstay at both Turf Paradise and at Canterbury Park. A fund has been set up through Becky Huff, horsemen's bookkeeper at Turf Paradise, to help defray medical expenses.

Call 602-375-6404 for more information. Other fundraisers for Ms. Von Rosen are being planned.

LAP_520
03-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Found this on the PDJF Facebook page ..

they were responding to a person that made a suggestion about a DONATION BOX at an EXIT area of a Race Track Clubhouse........09/10/2013

Thanks for the suggestion, Linda! If you're still feeling generous
please consider making a donation online at https://www.pdjf.org/donate.php or sending a check to PDJF, P.O. Box 803, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Contributions are tax deductible.

///////////////////
Would think both of theses are still good contacts.

lamboguy
03-14-2014, 07:30 PM
i sent a check to the horseman's book keeper.

tanner12oz
03-14-2014, 08:01 PM
I called the other day and the phone just rang...sent Becky a message on fb and no response...who did you make the check out to?

lamboguy
03-14-2014, 08:14 PM
i made the check out to bucky huff in care of Anne Von Rosen. i tried calling as well. i sent a small amount, $25, once i find out that the money actually went to her i will send some more.

johnhannibalsmith
03-14-2014, 08:34 PM
... once i find out that the money actually went to her i will send some more.

Considering the subject of TuP Horseman's Bookkeepers, that actually made for a needed chuckle in the thread.

You'll be safe with Bucky. She's arguably the most decent person to draw a paycheck from that operation.

For tanner... if you tried Thur. or Fri., it being dark for all but the dozen or so simulcast patrons and the grooms looking for soup at $2.50 a fluid ounce, there's a good chance you won't catch anyone worth catching. Bucky will be in her office tomorrow and busy as hell in all likelihood, so may need to leave a message or want to call general offices instead for more information. I'd think that even if it weren't the exact protocol (I have no idea), Lambo's method would get the job done just fine too.

lamboguy
03-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Considering the subject of TuP Horseman's Bookkeepers, that actually made for a needed chuckle in the thread.

You'll be safe with Bucky. She's arguably the most decent person to draw a paycheck from that operation.

For tanner... if you tried Thur. or Fri., it being dark for all but the dozen or so simulcast patrons and the grooms looking for soup at $2.50 a fluid ounce, there's a good chance you won't catch anyone worth catching. Bucky will be in her office tomorrow and busy as hell in all likelihood, so may need to leave a message or want to call general offices instead for more information. I'd think that even if it weren't the exact protocol (I have no idea), Lambo's method would get the job done just fine too.thanks for the info, i will send some more. i know this girl must be in hell right now, anything that might cheer her up a little is well worth it.

CryingForTheHorses
03-16-2014, 04:43 PM
I think setting up a paypal account is a much better Idea..Im a little worried about giving my card number to a unsecure site..Please do this and I will donate..Poor lady many prayers for her.!!!

Dark Horse
03-18-2014, 03:49 AM
Friday, March 14, 2014

Prayers are still needed for Anne... having a second surgery

"Basically had the horse to a walk and the horse was in distress. Had a heat stroke type of thing and the horse collapsed on her," said close friend and Von Rosen's agent Troy Bainum.

http://www.kpho.com/story/24972877/jockey-paralyzed-after-accident-at-turf-paradise

Not to ask the obvious question, but has this sudden collapse been investigated? Probably not hey?

Formula One used to have its fair share of casualties. Not anymore. They focused on safety and it worked. Even if this quarterhorse was not medicated, how on earth do medicated horses not endanger the lives of jockeys? Don't they take enough risk already?

Mystic
03-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Gary Stevens and Mike Smith pay a visit to Anne.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/stevens-smith-visit-injured-jockey-von-rosen/

LAP_520
03-25-2014, 07:49 PM
3/25/2014 drf.com

At the end of the Jockeys refusing to race, ,,, there is an update on Anne von Rosen.

http://www.drf.com/news/turf-paradise-tuesday-card-canceled-track-agrees-provide-better-insurance-jockeys