PDA

View Full Version : Yet another truth in life

DJofSD
03-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Found this expression here. (https://twitter.com/msuster/status/442886702219018240/photo/1)

When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same for when you are stupid.

mostpost
03-12-2014, 10:09 PM
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same for when you are stupid.
We will not know the truth of that first part until we are dead. If it is true, we won't even know it then.

The second part is proven every time a conservative posts here.
Someone is going to do something that proves my point.

sammy the sage
03-12-2014, 10:46 PM
wow another thread with STUPID as the main point....and the 1st responder again MAKES THE point... :lol: :rolleyes: :faint:

cj's dad
03-12-2014, 11:04 PM
We will not know the truth of that first part until we are dead. If it is true, we won't even know it then.

Sad- first response resorts to name calling ! Nice !

sammy the sage
03-12-2014, 11:16 PM
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/s526x395/1800297_10153941378255377_1694386233_n.jpg

I think this will help!

Tom
03-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Sad- first response resorts to name calling ! Nice !

He being all that he can be.

cj's dad
03-12-2014, 11:39 PM

Obviously tom, some here can get away with that and some cannot. Get my drift ?

JustRalph
03-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Obviously tom, some here can get away with that and some cannot. Get my drift ?

He's on a roll. Been pretty bold lately.

HUSKER55
03-13-2014, 04:57 AM
we are used to mosty and liberal name calling. I think we are passed that.

It is no fun arguing with someone who agrees with you. :D

DJofSD
03-13-2014, 08:16 AM

Did you have a bad day yesterday?

Here, let me stroke your huge ego and prove you correct.

It is the same for when you are liberal.
QED

TJDave
03-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Most liberals believe that when they die they're dead.

Most conservatives believe they'll go to heaven.

Tom
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
If I were a liberal Christian, I would be offended by that generalization.

Clocker
03-13-2014, 12:40 PM

I don't know about Christians in general, but most liberal Catholics appear to be Cafeteria Catholics, the ones that go down the line picking what they believe in and rejecting what they don't. Nancy Pelosi is the patron saint of Cafeteria Catholics. All of them have put heaven on their trays.

TJDave
03-13-2014, 02:12 PM

Liberal Christians?

Don't you conservatives call them CINO's? ;)

thaskalos
03-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I don't know about Christians in general, but most liberal Catholics appear to be Cafeteria Catholics, the ones that go down the line picking what they believe in and rejecting what they don't. Nancy Pelosi is the patron saint of Cafeteria Catholics. All of them have put heaven on their trays.

Do you suppose that the conservative Catholics are different?

boxcar
03-13-2014, 09:55 PM

Which isn't saying very much. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

boxcar
03-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Most liberals believe that when they die they're dead.

Most conservatives believe they'll go to heaven.

I suppose you have statistics to back up that utterly stupid claim? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

cj's dad
03-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Do you suppose that the conservative Catholics are different?

Yes we are. We believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman; we say no to abortion, and follow the 10 commandments.

thaskalos
03-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Yes we are. We believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman; we say no to abortion, and follow the 10 commandments.
Congratulations...but the "Good Christians" are called to do a little more than that. Something about loving your enemies...and sharing your belongings with those who have none.

But don't worry...you are not the only one to gloss over these minor technicalities. After all...ignoring the inconvenient teachings is what "Cafeteria Christianity" is all about.

cj's dad
03-16-2014, 12:19 AM
So, you hate Catholics ? If so, that's all about you and no one else. By thw way, I am a Catholic, what are you? I'm guessing Greek Orthodox.

Robert Goren
03-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Catholics should get their own house in order before trying to force their beliefs on other people.

thaskalos
03-16-2014, 12:50 AM
So, you hate Catholics ? If so, that's all about you and no one else. By thw way, I am a Catholic, what are you? I'm guessing Greek Orthodox.

Where did you get the idea that I hate Catholics? I don't hate Catholics...I just find Christians in general very confusing. The SAY that they are "Good Christians"...but they pick and choose from the teachings of Christ...embracing some while ignoring others. That's why I call them "Cafeteria Christians". There is no "hate" involved...

As for me...I don't belong to any organized religion. I suspect that the "Truth" is out there somewhere...but I can't say that I have found it yet.

sammy the sage
03-16-2014, 08:15 AM
I thought this thread was ABOUT truth...there is ALREADY a religion thread :faint:

I'll give you SOME REAL truth!

Who Wears the Pants?

Jack was going to be married to Jill, so his father sat him down for a little fireside chat.

"Jack, let me tell you something. On my wedding night in our honeymoon suite, I took off my pants and handed them to your mother, and said, "Here, try these on."

So, she did and said: "These are too big, I can't wear them.'"

So I replied: "Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and always will." Ever since that night we have never had any problems."

Jack thought that might be a good thing to try. So on his honeymoon he took off his pants and said to Jill: "Here try these on."

She did and said: "These are too large, they don't fit me."

So Jack said: "Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will, and I don't want you to ever forget that."

Then Jill removed her pants, handed them to Jack and said: "Here, you try on mine."

He tried and said: "I can't get into your pants."

So she said: "Exactly. And if you don't change your attitude, you never will."

HUSKER55
03-16-2014, 08:30 AM
:lol: :lol:

thus sets in the reality of life....

Tom
03-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Catholics should get their own house in order before trying to force their beliefs on other people.

Not to worry - I wrote my Bishop and he said you can't join.
Carry on.

DJofSD
03-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Right.

Are you casting the first stone?