PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Suess

Clocker
03-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Palin does CPAC

I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like their crony deals.
I do not like this spying, man, I do not like, 'Oh, Yes we can.'
I do not like this spending spree, we're smart, we know there's nothing free.
I do not like reporters' smug replies when I complain about their lies.
I do not like this kind of hope, and we won't take it, nope, nope, nope.

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuF_xjYIrKc)

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 10:43 AM
What a sad commentary on the state of the Republican party that this person would be taken seriously in any way.

Tom
03-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Funny, we say the same thing about Obama.
Sara speaks what many here believe is the only reason to have a United States.

If we wanted what Obama offers, we could just move north. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Yeah, but she got Ukraine right...........

Your American hero looks like the tool he is.......

Clocker
03-09-2014, 11:14 AM
What a sad commentary on the state of the Republican party that this person would be taken seriously in any way.

Palin is an intelligent, competent person who got pushed up the ladder above her level of competence because of the way the game is played. Objectively, she was not VP material. And equally objectively, she was more qualified to be VP than Obama was qualified to be a US Senator, let alone POTUS. Which is the really sad thing about the whole situation.

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 11:42 AM
You guys may not like Obama. That is your prerogative and I am fine with that. However, if you can give any credibility to Sarah Palin we obviously can't have an intelligent conversation.

The same would go for Donald Trump. The guy is a caricature of himself, likes to fly the candidate balloon to garner more media attention, but has zero ability to actually run for office.

Robert Goren
03-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Sarah Palin is very good at what she is doing now. Separating conservatives from their money. Everything she does is designed to just that. If you come from a grifter heritage like I do, she is a marvel to watch.

Clocker
03-09-2014, 11:52 AM
You guys may not like Obama. That is your prerogative and I am fine with that. However, if you can give any credibility to Sarah Palin we obviously can't have an intelligent conversation.

You are the one that made a personal attack on Palin without regard to content, and you think that is the basis for intelligent conversation?

Tom
03-09-2014, 12:13 PM
I didn't ask for any conversation.

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 12:14 PM
You are the one that made a personal attack on Palin without regard to content, and you think that is the basis for intelligent conversation?I made a personal comment on her lack of content, not a personal attack on her. If I'm attacking anyone it is the people who give her credibility when she is unworthy. It's not her fault that she is being raised upon the shoulders of the conservatives. She is right to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Just don't attack the President when you blindly support Mama Grizzly! :lol:

reckless
03-09-2014, 12:21 PM
If you come from a grifter heritage like I do, she is a marvel to watch.

Sounds like you're really talking about Al Gore Jr., self-described inventor of the Internet, global-warming/climate change charlatan and business partner with Muslim terrorist front groups.

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 12:24 PM
I didn't ask for any conversation.Good! Don't participate. :rolleyes:

Clocker
03-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Just don't attack the President when you blindly support Mama Grizzly! :lol:

I attack Obama for his proven incompetence at any endeavor other than campaigning.

I firmly support Mama Grizzly for her proven competence:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1959716_459023290893180_1852833996_n.jpg

burnsy
03-09-2014, 12:44 PM

I agree and I don't like Obama either....witch begs the question. Why do they keep winning??? Take a look at that collection of (minds???) and its plain as day. If CPAC has any say it will be 8 more years of Hillary or whoever the Dem is. The republican party is literally a brain fart when they put people like this front and center....they're own people even know this but they are afraid of the wackadoo base. I wouldn't watch that crap for anything but I saw this and several other clips. The only one that makes sense is Chris Christie because he realizes you have to win some or you can sit there and bitch about whoever kicks your sorry ass the next time.......again.....all you have to do is watch 30 seconds of her or several other of them and it doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to realize it spells LOSER with the voters. I wish the libertarians would push harder because I think they are primed to suck the life out of that republican party...it pisses me off every time they bring up the spying...they INVENTED IT when their boy was in there! You can't be against the so called Patriot Act, the NSA and all the other "gotta make folks safe" by tracking them move....when you loved the idea AT FIRST! Crocodile tears......

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2014, 12:45 PM
I like Palin more these days then I did after her VP run. I think those who continue to try and push the narrative that she is operating with an IQ barely in the triple digits are becoming disgraceful and irrelevant.

Much like Obama's plummeting job approval ratings, only going in the opposite direction, I see Palin rising above her media-imposed jail sentence of idiocy. It may take another year or two, but it is coming.

In fact, Palin and Obama are two sides of a coin when it comes to the media.

They both started as unprepared and unskilled for the jobs they were seeking, yet one was PROPPED UP mercilessly, just as much as the other was BEATEN DOWN mercilessly, which resulted in their respective standings in the public eye when election 2008 was all said and done.

Time, however, has a way of revealing the truth, no matter what the power elites want us to believe.

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 01:15 PM
I like Palin more these days then I did after her VP run. I think those who continue to try and push the narrative that she is operating with an IQ barely in the triple digits are becoming disgraceful and irrelevant.

Much like Obama's plummeting job approval ratings, only going in the opposite direction, I see Palin rising above her media-imposed jail sentence of idiocy. It may take another year or two, but it is coming.

In fact, Palin and Obama are two sides of a coin when it comes to the media.

They both started as unprepared and unskilled for the jobs they were seeking, yet one was PROPPED UP mercilessly, just as much as the other was BEATEN DOWN mercilessly, which resulted in their respective standings in the public eye when election 2008 was all said and done.

Time, however, has a way of revealing the truth, no matter what the power elites want us to believe.

Amen! Great post.......

Republicans can't win the Presidency ever again, unless the Dems do something catastrophic. Settling for the two houses of Congress is good enough for now.

ArlJim78
03-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Palin is an intelligent, competent person who got pushed up the ladder above her level of competence because of the way the game is played. Objectively, she was not VP material. And equally objectively, she was more qualified to be VP than Obama was qualified to be a US Senator, let alone POTUS. Which is the really sad thing about the whole situation.
exactly right. people question Palin's intelligence and experience yet worship at the alter of Obama while there is no objective evidence of Obama's intellect, quite the opposite, and plenty of evidence of his incompetence.

Palin gets no rspect. :lol:

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 01:21 PM
I think those who continue to try and push the narrative that she is operating with an IQ barely in the triple digits are becoming disgraceful and irrelevant.Well, it's good to know where I stand in your eyes! And here I though you held me in high regard.

Clocker
03-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Republicans can't win the Presidency ever again, unless the Dems do something catastrophic.

The rumors are growing about Hillary's health. If she doesn't/can't run, it is a wide open race, with no obvious choice on either side. If Hillary is out and Biden is the aging heir apparent, there is a good chance another Obama-like dark horse (pardon the expression) comes out of nowhere and grabs the Dem nomination. I think the folks in the middle of the political spectrum have had enough of unproven promises for a while. If that happens, the election is the Republicans' to lose.

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Well, it's good to know where I stand in your eyes! And here I though you held me in high regard.You and those like you are absolutely ridiculous with your stubborn and relentless hold on the "Palin is dumber than a tree stump" narrative. There is no other way to put it.

The sad fact is Palin rises to the level of the water around her. The entire political class of America is mediocre at best, and often way less than that. Yet you guys like to single out Palin as a special kind of inept.

I have news for you. Obama ain't any better. He simply isn't. He hasn't shown me anything that says he's better than Palin when it comes to innovation and intelligence. He really seems like he is only along for the ride. He is not a leader. He goes with the flow. That's his legacy.

Oh wait. I forgot about killing bin Laden and the stock market. And Obamacare. And making the rich richer.

That's basically everything Obama stands for, right? A warmonger who is in bed with the banksters and whose goal is to make the rich richer.

Ummmm...nope...he was presented as a Nobel peace prize winner who will only help the poor and downtrodden rise up on a more equal level with the middle class and the rich. A Noble peace-prize winning genius who will restore the USA's standing in the world. But that hasn't happened. Far from it.

Obama continues the "killing machine" aspects first started under the Bush administration with his drone attacks and continuing the war in Afghanistan where SO MANY MORE US servicemen lost their lives and were injured, but that never attracted the glare of the media spotlight like it did under Bush.

And the poor haven't fared very well under Obama. Black poor even less so. Again, that rarely hits the media spotlight either.

Tell me how we're all so much better off with this "genius" as president, compared to someone of more modest intelligence. This "genius" president hasn't done anything "genius" that I can see. Can you?

FantasticDan
03-09-2014, 01:52 PM
^Obama is a war-mongering killing machine? But all I've read recently is that he's a big spineless pussy that the world laughs at. Which is it? :confused:

tucker6
03-09-2014, 02:04 PM
^Obama is a war-mongering killing machine? But all I've read recently is that he's a big spineless pussy that the world laughs at. Which is it? :confused:
one can be both Dan

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 02:08 PM
You and those like you are absolutely ridiculous with your stubborn and relentless hold on the "Palin is dumber than a tree stump" narrative. There is no other way to put it.I am stubborn. It's unfortunate you think I'm "ridiculous"! You can "hate" Obama all you want. I find him intelligent and articulate. If "you guys" would spend more time working with him than against him things might actually get done.

You don't give the stump enough credit. Palin is a joke and for you to even pretend to back her .... :lol:

Greyfox
03-09-2014, 02:20 PM
This "genius" president hasn't done anything "genius" that I can see. Can you?

Don't make the mistake of confusing good leadership with intelligence.
The correlation between them is only moderate.
Quite likely Obama has a high IQ - probably much higher than Bush and Palin, though Bill Clinton, a Rhodes Scholar, would probably give him a run in the brains department.
The fact that Obama is intelligent is what makes him frightening, as he has glombed on to a philosophy which is somewhat at odds with the specific interests of making America the guiding light.
Instead, Obama sees himself as a philosopher king - a citizen of the world so to speak. He just happens to live in America and is fortunate enough to lead it.
His ideas, as latent in his speeches, always have been to make the world a better place. If that means a change in the fortunes of America and it's standing on the world stage - so be it. If that means a redistribution of wealth and a flattening of the economic pyramid - so be it as well. If that means not approving a pipeline that would bring thousands of jobs, in favor of a greener world - so be it. If that means attempting to reform the perception of America's role of policing the free world, so be it as well.

Unfortunately, Obama, while being very bright, could never be classified as being a "genius."
"Genius" - is more than having high intelligence.
It involves having the energy to carry forth one's visions of genius.
In that department he is lacking. He does not have the focussed laser like energy that is required to carry out his dreams. Hence, his 160 games of golf, the vacations, and all that. A genius, he is not.
And as a result it is not surprising that this very bright man is failing in so many areas of domestic and foreign affairs.

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM

Throwing drone strikes around after paying bounties for info is easy to do. The infrastructure is in place and all it takes is a phone call. Btw, lots of talk that he isn't even involved in drone strikes. The CIA has Carte Blanche to do it for him.

If he was anything like a warmonger he would have hammered the hell out of Afghanistan and it would be our bitch by now.

He pulls the trigger only when it's politically safe and he can crow about it. Ho hum.....

Clocker
03-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Palin is a joke and for you to even pretend to back her ....

Who here is backing her for anything? She is certainly not a joke in her current position as spokesperson and fund raiser for the GOP. She is certainly correct in pointing out that the emperor has no clothes. She is head and shoulders in competence in what she is doing compared to the feckless occupant of the Oval Office in what he is doing. And she is miles ahead of him in common sense and miles behind in ego.

If I was running a business and was going to hire a competent manager, Palin over Obama would be a no-brainer. She is nowhere near a serious consideration for president, but I'd bet she could do it better than Obama has.

PS I can't speak for others here, but I don't hate Obama. I hate what he is doing to my country and I hate the fact that he is president. I don't hate him any more than I hate a puppy that makes a mess on the carpet. The puppy doesn't know any better. Neither does Obama.

Tom
03-09-2014, 03:28 PM
I am stubborn. It's unfortunate you think I'm "ridiculous"! You can "hate" Obama all you want. I find him intelligent and articulate. If "you guys" would spend more time working with him than against him things might actually get done.

You don't give the stump enough credit. Palin is a joke and for you to even pretend to back her .... :lol:

The point is not to let the shit he wants to get done ever get done.
Like the NSA spying on us. You in favor of that? You think we should help Obama do more of that? Substance, Jay...try addressing the substance of what CPAC talked about instead of cheap shots. You think we should help Obama target more conservative groups with the IRS? They do that in Canada?

With an A**** like Obama, you spend your time stopping him.

FantasticDan
03-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Yet another thread that had nothing to do with Obama taken over by the Obama on the Brain brigade :lol: :sleeping:

NJ Stinks
03-09-2014, 04:05 PM

This reminds me - didn't you keep predicting Obama would not be re-elected until right before he was?

davew
03-09-2014, 04:13 PM
I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like their crony deals.
I do not like this spying, man, I do not like, 'Oh, Yes we can.'
I do not like this spending spree, we're smart, we know there's nothing free.
I do not like reporters' smug replies when I complain about their lies.
I do not like this kind of hope, and we won't take it, nope, nope, nope.

That is great, she finally found a worthy speechwriter.

Obama's legacy will be he empowered people to stay at home and write poetry, or whatever they wanted to do while they collected money for doing nothing.

Tom
03-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Yet another thread that had nothing to do with Obama taken over by the Obama on the Brain brigade :lol: :sleeping:
The thread is about being incompetent.....so naturally, Obama came into it.

HUSKER55
03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
maybe she is trying to reach BO supporters. There is no worry of triple digit IQ there.

BO did prove that!

jballscalls
03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
The thread is about being incompetent.....so naturally, Obama came into it.

it's an auto-reflex for many at this point.

Tom
03-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Much like his apologists?
Pretty hard to accept Sara is not qualified when you have a total incompetent in the WH. Obama don't deserve no rpsetc.

delayjf
03-09-2014, 07:51 PM
What a sad commentary on the state of the Republican party that this person would be taken seriously in any way
She could run circles around the former Speaker of the House - Nancy Pelosi.
In the world of Demwit idiots she's the front runner. Al Franken is pressing her though.

Seriously,When I see Pelosi on TV, I can only ask myself - who did you go to bed with to get your job??

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
She could run circles around the former Speaker of the House - Nancy Pelosi.
In the world of Demwit idiots she's the front runner. Al Franken is pressing her though.

Seriously,When I see Pelosi on TV, I can only ask myself - who did you go to bed with to get your job??

This guy.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pelosi

Deep pockets

TJDave
03-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Pretty hard to accept Sara is not qualified when you have a total incompetent in the WH.

Given those standards I would agree. Sarah is as qualified as most total incompetents.

mostpost
03-09-2014, 09:25 PM
You and those like you are absolutely ridiculous with your stubborn and relentless hold on the "Palin is dumber than a tree stump" narrative. There is no other way to put it.
Sarah Palin thought that Alaska's proximity to Russia made her a foreign policy expert

She thought there were death panels.

She had no clue as to what the Bush Doctrine is.

She could not name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with. And it wasn't because she agreed with all of them.

She could not name one specific magazine or newspaper she reads.

She thought refudiate was a word, then compounded her dumbness by declaring she was as smart as Shakespeare because he made up words too. No Sarah, Will just used words that you still don't know.

She completely screwed up the details of Paul Revere's ride claiming that he rode to warn the British that the colonists were armed.

She suggested at the recent CPAC convention that a nuclear attack was a way to solve the Ukraine crisis.

She said this; "I haven't heard the president state that we're at war. That's why I too am not knowing -- do we use the term intervention? Do we use war? Do we use squirmish? What is it?" -
I have the same question. "Sarah, WTF is a squirmish?

She used the term "Blood libel" without being aware of how offensive it might by to some.

She thinks that the founding fathers based the Constitution on the bible and the Ten Commandments.

She thinks there is a Department of Law in the White House or maybe she means in the Executive branch.

Dumber than a tree stump? Stop insulting tree stumps.

Tom
03-09-2014, 09:31 PM
She was right about Russia.
And she gets r-e-s-p-e-c-t.
And she talk without a teleprompter.
And she spies on no one.
And has never used the IRS for personal gains.
And she has never murdered anyone with a drone.

Your crap is trumped, son.
Run along now.

reckless
03-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Seriously, when I see Nancy Pelosi on TV, I can only ask myself - who did you go to bed with to get your job??

Well, the real question should be: who did Nancy Pelosi's mother sleep with?

The answer is 'Her father, of course.' ")

Pelosi's father was once the Mayor of Baltimore, Md., and a partisan Democratic insider and operator.

Hubby Paul is her money benefactor, granted, but Pelosi learned all her devious ways while in her chair at the dinner table as a young woman.

Greyfox
03-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Sarah Palin thought that Alaska's proximity to Russia made her a foreign policy expert

She thought there were death panels.

She had no clue as to what the Bush Doctrine is.

She could not name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with. And it wasn't because she agreed with all of them.

She could not name one specific magazine or newspaper she reads.

She thought refudiate was a word, then compounded her dumbness by declaring she was as smart as Shakespeare because he made up words too. No Sarah, Will just used words that you still don't know.

She completely screwed up the details of Paul Revere's ride claiming that he rode to warn the British that the colonists were armed.

She suggested at the recent CPAC convention that a nuclear attack was a way to solve the Ukraine crisis.

She said this; "I haven't heard the president state that we're at war. That's why I too am not knowing -- do we use the term intervention? Do we use war? Do we use squirmish? What is it?" -
I have the same question. "Sarah, WTF is a squirmish?

She used the term "Blood libel" without being aware of how offensive it might by to some.

She thinks that the founding fathers based the Constitution on the bible and the Ten Commandments.

She thinks there is a Department of Law in the White House or maybe she means in the Executive branch.

Dumber than a tree stump? Stop insulting tree stumps.

Good post Mostie. :ThmbUp:

Other than those deficits or gaps in information if you wish, at least you couldn't say that Sarah is a dumb blonde. :lol:

Why she wasn't vetted better by McCain and the Republican Party speaks pantloads as to the question of "What the hell were the Republicans thinking in that election?"

On the other side of the equation, was Joe Biden asked similar questions?
Among other things didn't Joe somewhere along the way tell Senator Graham to stand up so he could see him? Graham was wheelchair bound. :rolleyes:

davew
03-09-2014, 11:00 PM
hey mostly, could you describe the Bush doctrine? as it was a term fabricated by the press...

chrisl
03-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Mostpost: I am sorry you did not how to deal with a smart woman in your life. Your man hood going south is not her fault. Keep dreaming pal. Blame it someone else

_______
03-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Why she wasn't vetted better by McCain and the Republican Party speaks pantloads as to the question of "What the hell were the Republicans thinking in that election?"

This is fairly easy to answer if you ignore everything that happened after her nomination and put yourself in John McCain's shoes in the summer of 2008.

The Democrats had just nominated the first major party black candidate for president but in doing so had dismissed someone who would have been the first major party female candidate for president.

Republicans recognized they had a problem connecting with women voters. The economy hadn't gone wheels off yet but wasn't anything he could run on. Ditto for foreign policy. The calculus was that a historical nomination by the other party required a counter that could potentially draw in a critical cohort that hadn't been a strong point for his party.

It's too easy in hindsight to say a wanna be beauty queen probably wasn't the best choice for that strategy. But it bought him some conservative buy in that wouldn't have been there if he picked Joe Lieberman.

McCain probably faced a no win situation. He rolled the dice with a long shot strategy that made sense at the time.

Greyfox
03-09-2014, 11:17 PM
McCain probably faced a no win situation. He rolled the dice with a long shot strategy that made sense at the time.

To whom, in their right mind, did it make sense to blank line?

Also, do you nominate someone for Vice President with little vetting??:rolleyes:

_______
03-09-2014, 11:37 PM
To whom, in their right mind, did it make sense to blank line?

Also, do you nominate someone for Vice President with little vetting??:rolleyes:

I don't understand your first sentence.

Regarding your second, you do it under pressure and with your fingers crossed. I'm not defending the nomination but I think the proper perspective is to view it from the summer of 2008 when no one knew how empty a vessel she was.

It's too easy to sit here with 6 years hindsight and make the call. You really have to go back to face what McCain did in 2008 to understand why this would look like his best shot at winning.

newtothegame
03-09-2014, 11:48 PM
Here's the thing that most libs wont get, nor want to hear.......

What political office does Sarah currently hold????

Hold your breath......NONE! You can call her whatever you all like but the fact still remains she is responsible for or to none of us.....

On the other hand.......Obama......Well you get the point.

Hey mosty. since you mentioned all of Sarah's blunders, would you like to compare them again to Obama's??? Remember we have done this before and Obama's pages were rather extensive in comparison .......:lol:

TJDave
03-09-2014, 11:53 PM
You really have to go back to face what McCain did in 2008 to understand why this would look like his best shot at winning.

It's my understanding that McCain didn't want her and was very reluctant to put her on the ticket.

Of course, the idea of Lieberman would have been equally fruit bat crazy.

Greyfox
03-09-2014, 11:54 PM
I don't understand your first sentence.

What don't you understand about my first sentence?

Calling your avotar a blank line?

What else would anyone refer to that avotar as? It's not a dash.

Personally, I don't understand why PA even allows ________
to be an avotar.

I wonder if someone else could sign up as ______ _______ II? or jr.?

_______
03-10-2014, 12:05 AM
What don't you understand about my first sentence?

Calling your avotar a blank line?

What else would anyone refer to that avotar as? It's not a dash.

Personally, I don't understand why PA even allows ________
to be an avotar.

I wonder if someone else could sign up as ______ _______ II? or jr.?

I regret that my chosen screen name interfered with our ability to engage in a discussion.

I thought it was a hoot but I guess that's just me. The whole idea that we were anonymous taken to a preposterous extreme.

i try to take screen names with a grain of salt.

Greyfox
03-10-2014, 12:24 AM
I regret that my chosen screen name interfered with our ability to engage in a discussion.

I thought it was a hoot but I guess that's just me. The whole idea that we were anonymous taken to a preposterous extreme.

i try to take screen names with a grain of salt.

Me too.
But from now on I'm going to refer to you as Philindablank, no offense intended.
(Of course if you are in some type of PA avotar witness protection program then I suppose ___________ is understandable. :rolleyes: )

_______
03-10-2014, 01:09 AM
It's my understanding that McCain didn't want her and was very reluctant to put her on the ticket.

Of course, the idea of Lieberman would have been equally fruit bat crazy.

Lieberman would have led to a walk out at the convention by conservative activists.

McCain had the final word on Palin. Regardless of any doubts he might have had, he owns the choice.

Its one that, with hindsight, is regrettable even from the Republican POV. But it's understandable given the circumstances in 2008.

Clocker
03-10-2014, 02:52 AM
I can't counter any of Palin's criticism of Obama, so I am going to respond with a bunch of irrelevant personal attacks on Palin.

What Palin said is true or not true, regardless of who said it. Personal attacks on Palin, deserved or not, do not answer charges of Obama's incompetence.

TJDave
03-10-2014, 03:22 AM
Personal attacks on Palin, deserved or not, do not answer charges of Obama's incompetence.

And shouldn't. Obama's incompetence does not diminish her lack thereof.

HUSKER55
03-10-2014, 03:30 AM
I would rather have had 8 years of Palin instead of BO.

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 06:21 AM
I would rather have had 8 years of Palin instead of BO.There is no way you would have had 8 years of Palin. She'd quit 2 years into her first term because the heat would have chased her from the kitchen.:rolleyes:

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 07:31 AM

This is fairly easy to answer if you ignore everything that happened after her nomination and put yourself in John McCain's shoes in the summer of 2008.

The Democrats had just nominated the first major party black candidate for president but in doing so had dismissed someone who would have been the first major party female candidate for president.

Republicans recognized they had a problem connecting with women voters. The economy hadn't gone wheels off yet but wasn't anything he could run on. Ditto for foreign policy. The calculus was that a historical nomination by the other party required a counter that could potentially draw in a critical cohort that hadn't been a strong point for his party.

It's too easy in hindsight to say a wanna be beauty queen probably wasn't the best choice for that strategy. But it bought him some conservative buy in that wouldn't have been there if he picked Joe Lieberman.

McCain probably faced a no win situation. He rolled the dice with a long shot strategy that made sense at the time.McCain made the worst mistake in recent history by picking her. He did not address his biggest weakness, his age. When Reagan ran he realized that he needed as a VP somebody who looked like he could step in right now. So he picked his main rival, Bush 41. No matter what you think of Palin, there was no way that most of the American voters were going to buy that a first term governor of Alaska was ready to be president. Lieberman would have been a disaster too because it would have split the party. I could name names here, but there is no point. There were perhaps a dozen people he could have choose that fit the bill. The election was close enough it might have mattered.

newtothegame
03-10-2014, 10:49 AM
McCain made the worst mistake in recent history by picking her. He did not address his biggest weakness, his age. When Reagan ran he realized that he needed as a VP somebody who looked like he could step in right now. So he picked his main rival, Bush 41. No matter what you think of Palin, there was no way that most of the American voters were going to buy that a first term governor of Alaska was ready to be president. Lieberman would have been a disaster too because it would have split the party. I could name names here, but there is no point. There were perhaps a dozen people he could have choose that fit the bill. The election was close enough it might have mattered.

Do you ever read what you write?? lmao....
So, the American people were not going to "buy" that a first term governor from Alaska (who did a good job by the way) was ready to be president......

Yet they bought hook line and sinker that a community organizer, that had never ran anything was ready???

:lol:

jballscalls
03-10-2014, 11:35 AM
So, the American people were not going to "buy" that a first term governor from Alaska who did a good job by the way was ready to be president......

Yet they bought hook line and sinker that a community organizer, that had never ran anything was ready???

:lol:

I honestly can't imagine she'll run for a big office any time soon, if ever again. I think she likes being considered for the position and the attention and likes the $$ and exposure she has as a pundit.

But what she does now she gets to go around and speak and never really get challenged on what she says. I mean when reporters actually asked her questions (not even tough ones) in the VP lead up, she was very unimpressive.I don't think she wants to be challenged. (I'm sensing Obama teleprompter jokes coming after that comment)

Tom
03-10-2014, 11:44 AM
She is not going to run for anything.....so that makes the uproar from the left so ridiculous. They are just attacking here because she is a women, and they are trained wage war on women.

classhandicapper
03-10-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't see Palin as significantly better or worse the corrupt incompetents we have running the country now, but at least she's good to look at (at least for a guy my age). Honestly, could she possibly be worse than Biden at VP? Biden should be under a doctor's care.

mostpost
03-10-2014, 01:51 PM
What Palin said is true or not true, regardless of who said it. Personal attacks on Palin, deserved or not, do not answer charges of Obama's incompetence.
Everything I posted in #38 is a verifiable statement made by Palin, and there dozens more in a similar vein. Everyone of those statements is proof that Palin lacks the intellectual capacity to be a checker at the local Piggly Wiggly, much less criticize Barack Obama.

You posted.
Originally Posted by mostpost

I can't counter any of Palin's criticism of Obama, so I am going to respond with a bunch of irrelevant personal attacks on Palin.

I never posted anything like that so stop posting lies.

mostpost
03-10-2014, 02:01 PM
hey mostly, could you describe the Bush doctrine? as it was a term fabricated by the press...
The main tenets of the Bush Doctrine was that the US had the right to engage, militarily and other wise with countries that supported or harbored terrorist and that we had the right to wage preventive war against such countries. It also declared that we would act unilaterally if no one supported us.

It was a term coined by the press. So what? The Carter Doctrine was a term coined by the press. As was the Truman Doctrine and even the Monroe Doctrine.

Clocker
03-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Everything I posted in #38 is a verifiable statement made by Palin, and there dozens more in a similar vein. Everyone of those statements is proof that Palin lacks the intellectual capacity to be a checker at the local Piggly Wiggly, much less criticize Barack Obama.

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

And you don't need to be a genius to point out that the emperor has no clothes.

You posted.
Originally Posted by mostpost

I never posted anything like that so stop posting lies.

I just summarized what you said, kind of like a Cliff's Notes version to save people the trouble of having to actually plow through it.

mostpost
03-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Mostpost: I am sorry you did not how to deal with a smart woman in your life. Your man hood going south is not her fault. Keep dreaming pal. Blame it someone else
Except for your mama, I have nothing but smart women in my life and I get along just fine. And I do not need to enhance my manhood by making foolish comments about some one else's.

Tom
03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
I just summarized what you said, kind of like a Cliff's Notes version to save people the trouble of having to actually plow through it.

Cliff?
Cliff Claven? :lol:

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 02:18 PM
So, the American people were not going to "buy" that a first term governor from Alaska (who did a good job by the way) was ready to be president......

:lol:She was doing such a good job that she had to resign because she couldn't take the heat she was getting for the crap she pulled in her term up that point. Obama won because the GOP did not put up a good team to run against him. It is really that simple. The GOP won't win until they field better candidates. As I said before McCain might have won if he had put somebody more acceptable to the electorate. No matter how much you like her or dislike Obama, she is not a candidate with wide appeal.

TJDave
03-10-2014, 02:26 PM
McCain made the worst mistake in recent history by picking her. He did not address his biggest weakness, his age. When Reagan ran he realized that he needed as a VP somebody who looked like he could step in right now.

Reagan could have picked a pig and it wouldn't have mattered.

In 1980 he won 489 electoral votes.

In '84 he won 49 states and 525 electoral votes.

Among all the republican party infighting, McCain faced one insurmountable obstacle:

He was on the wrong side of a politically correct election.

Clocker
03-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Among all the republican party infighting, McCain faced one insurmountable obstacle:

He was on the wrong side of a politically correct election.

Most of the analysis I saw after the election showed that Palin cost some votes and gained some votes, and over-all appeared to have little effect on the final totals.

It didn't matter what McCain did, he could not have won that election. No Republican could have. The election was about Bush, and the mood of the country was anti-Bush. Who ever got the Democratic nomination that year was the next president.

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Reagan could have picked a pig and it wouldn't have mattered.

In 1980 he won 489 electoral votes.

In '84 he won 49 states and 525 electoral votes.

He was on the wrong side of a politically correct election. When McCain showed up in Washington after the Leman collapse and the republican house members hung him out to dry, real questions about his leadership abilities emerged. Despite his bad choice at VP and that, he still almost won. It shows how weak a candidate Obama really was. The GOP gave us that election on a silver platter. I as much I as I don't I like to think it, the country was and still is basically what conservatives call a Rino nation. Heaven helps us democrats if the GOP ever puts up even a decent candidate. But from what I have seen, they aren't likely to do that.

TJDave
03-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Despite his bad choice at VP and that, he still almost won.

It was not a close election. Obama won 10 million more votes and almost 2/1 in the electoral college.

Obama

McCain

delayjf
03-10-2014, 03:04 PM
She was doing such a good job that she had to resign because she couldn't take the heat she was getting for the crap she pulled in her term up that point

In her defense, she didn't have the IRS at her disposal to go alpha on her opponants.

_______
03-10-2014, 03:05 PM
When McCain showed up in Washington after the Leman collapse and the republican house members hung him out to dry, real questions about his leadership abilities emerged. Despite his bad choice at VP and that, he still almost won. It shows how weak a candidate Obama really was. The GOP gave us that election on a silver platter. I as much I as I don't I like to think it, the country was and still is basically what conservatives call a Rino nation. Heaven helps us democrats if the GOP ever puts up even a decent candidate. But from what I have seen, they aren't likely to do that.

I think the financial crisis is what doomed McCain. Most Presidential elections are either ones where people feel good about the state of the nation and are unwilling to consider an insurgent candidate or, like 2008, where things looks so grim that they will.

People were already unhappy about Iraq. The financial crisis sealed it.

Someone else posted earlier that Palin didn't make any difference and all the post election polling does seem to confirm that. She wasn't the reason McCain lost.

reckless
03-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Most of the analysis I saw after the election showed that Palin cost some votes and gained some votes, and over-all appeared to have little effect on the final totals.

I agree for the most part on what you just said, Clocker, but I do recall that days leading up to the GOP nominating convention, Obama was double-digits in front in most polls, especially those polls that future Obama stenographers at ABC, MSNBC, CNN and the rest of the cabal were citing.

Then McCain picked Palin, and Sarah's acceptance speech won over the conservatives that basically had no use for McCain and was going to stay home. Within a week or so, the McCain-Palin ticket overcame most of that double-digit poll deficit. Thanks to Sarah.

Then the vulgar main stream press went into attack mode on Sarah, and we know the rest. They knew Sarah was making sense and energizing a morbid McCain. They needed to crush her personally, good liberals that they are.

Of course, the misogynst Karl Rove also showed his lack of class by basically siding with the vulgarians in the left wing media, which didn't help. Then add the clowns that ran McCain's campaign like Steve Schmidt and Mike Murphy, who put the final siiv into Sarah's back and the election was lost.

It didn't matter what McCain did, he could not have won that election. No Republican could have. The election was about Bush, and the mood of the country was anti-Bush. Who ever got the Democratic nomination that year was the next president.

Once again, Clocker, you're spot on. But McCain also lost the race by his own doing as well, especially in the early days of the financial meltdown when he suspended his campaign for a few days. McCain offered no answers nor solutions to the crisis and looked like a boob when asked about it.

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 03:26 PM
You forgot about Sarah's melt down when asked relative simple questions in the debate and her interviews. I don't what she expecting to asked, but it sure in the Hell what she was asked. She was a deer in the headlights. People don't understand when you are asked what you read and you don't have an answer. The far right can forgive one their own for something like that but rest of us have a major problem.

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 03:29 PM
I actually like her as person from what I have seen. It is her politics I can't stand. She reminds me a lot of some my of dad's relation.

chrisl
03-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Please Mr. Goren. Tell an Alaskan what you have seen about Sarah to make that statement?

Tom
03-10-2014, 03:35 PM
I thought she was the stronger half of the ticket.
Since then, McCain has convinced me I was right.

thaskalos
03-10-2014, 03:44 PM
I thought she was the stronger half of the ticket.
Since then, McCain has convinced me I was right.

:ThmbUp:

Best post in this thread so far.

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Please Mr. Goren. Tell an Alaskan what you have seen about Sarah to make that statement?Why I like her? She reminds me of some of my dad's grifter relatives. Maybe I romanticize them to much, but I like them. I wouldn't trust them, but I like them.

chrisl
03-10-2014, 03:59 PM
So you romanticize about Sarah. I'll by that.

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 04:14 PM
So you romanticize about Sarah. I'll by that.She is a looker. No one ever said she wasn't. I am told she even better looking in person than she is on TV.

chrisl
03-10-2014, 04:28 PM
My Mother in law had lunch with Sarah when she governor. My mother in law said she was very, very intelligent and her looks were breathtaking. My mother in law worked in the administration of the Pioneers home. A state run program that if you are a Alaskan resident for 25 years at retirement you can live at low cost in one of these communities. Sarah made sure that these ran well funded and well staffed. I have never heard of anything as good as this, in any other state.

JustRalph
03-10-2014, 04:46 PM
The main tenets of the Bush Doctrine was that the US had the right to engage, militarily and other wise with countries that supported or harbored terrorist and that we had the right to wage preventive war against such countries. It also declared that we would act unilaterally if no one supported us.

It was a term coined by the press. So what? The Carter Doctrine was a term coined by the press. As was the Truman Doctrine and even the Monroe Doctrine.

Many really smart people disagree with you........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/12/AR2008091202457.html

Clocker
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM

Thank you, Captain Obvious!

JustRalph
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
It was not a close election. Obama won 10 million more votes and almost 2/1 in the electoral college.

Obama

McCain

Dave, stop throwing the truth around. It inhibits the imagination of some posters.

She resigned as Governor after the 12th lawsuit notification by Democratic lawyers who were out to exact revenge on her. The state was going to have to pay for defending those lawsuits. She was tired of being harassed.

Chris, that program for retired Alaskan's is news to me :ThmbUp:

Her negotiations with the oil industry to obtain royalties for Alaskan's are one area I have seen her praised. We've been through this subject before. No reason to carry this on. Old news.

The media placed the dummy tag on her, just like they have done before.

Dan Quayle got it, for a misspelling and Obama does the same thing and it means nothing.

The media controls the narrative. This includes Tina Fey and the idiots who are accomplices in the conspiracy that is Democratic politics.

On that note, Sharyl Attkisson resigned from CBS news today. She was on the wrong side of the Benghazi story..........

mostpost
03-10-2014, 04:59 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/12/AR2008091202457.html
You tell me that many really smart people disagree with me and then you quote Charles Krauthammer. Krauthammer needs to leave his over sized ego at the door. What most people consider as the Bush Doctrine is precisely what I said. Krauthammer tried to apply the label to the ABM treaty and Kyoto and it never took. Just about anyone who thinks about the Bush Doctrine, thinks about it in terms of terrorism and protectors of terrorists.

classhandicapper
03-10-2014, 05:00 PM
As unqualified as Palin was at that time, she was better than McCain. McCain is an incompetent who no longer has (or maybe never had) the capacity to become competent. Palin has the capacity to become competent. She just wasn't worldly or informed enough at the time (maybe still now too). McCain is a good argument for forced retirement past a certain age even though I am generally against that.

_______
03-10-2014, 05:04 PM
My Mother in law had lunch with Sarah when she governor. My mother in law said she was very, very intelligent and her looks were breathtaking. My mother in law worked in the administration of the Pioneers home. A state run program that if you are a Alaskan resident for 25 years at retirement you can live at low cost in one of these communities. Sarah made sure that these ran well funded and well staffed. I have never heard of anything as good as this, in any other state.

I would have been more impressed if she had been perceived as very, very, very, very intelligent with underlines and some exclamation points.

The problem with anecdotal information is that it's, well, anecdotal.

I think it's awesome that you live in Alaska.

But I don't think it actually adds any credibility to your perspective. I almost but couldn't quite reach far enough to shake hands with Gerald Ford at a rally once. That doesn't make me the final word on all things Ford.

JustRalph
03-10-2014, 05:09 PM
You tell me that many really smart people disagree with me and then you quote Charles Krauthammer. Krauthammer needs to leave his over sized ego at the door. What most people consider as the Bush Doctrine is precisely what I said. Krauthammer tried to apply the label to the ABM treaty and Kyoto and it never took. Just about anyone who thinks about the Bush Doctrine, thinks about it in terms of terrorism and protectors of terrorists.

When you graduate medical school while confined to a wheel chair, work in the White House, be asked to be syndicated columnist in hundreds of papers and magazines, win a Pulitzer and write a NY Times best seller while also working the lecture circuit, and become a star on the number one cable news network in the world, you can act like you're smarter than the man who is still in a wheelchair to this day. Krauthammer pisses me off sometimes too, but doubting his intellect is a joke.

TJDave
03-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Krauthammer needs to leave his over sized ego at the door.

Krauthammer is deserving. A brilliant man.

It is rare that he is wrong.

Clocker
03-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Krauthammer is deserving. A brilliant man.

It is rare that he is wrong.

He comes up with an odd opinion on things from time to time, but he always has his facts lined up. Krauthammer is generally acknowledged to be the first person of note to use the term "Bush doctrine", and he used it in regard to ABMs and Kyoto.

The term evolved over time, but was never well defined, especially while Bush was still in office, which is when Gibson played gotcha with it. The question puzzled a lot of other people at the time.

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Dave, stop throwing the truth around. It inhibits the imagination of some posters.

She resigned as Governor after the 12th lawsuit notification by Democratic lawyers who were out to exact revenge on her. The state was going to have to pay for defending those lawsuits. She was tired of being harassed.

Chris, that program for retired Alaskan's is news to me :ThmbUp:

Her negotiations with the oil industry to obtain royalties for Alaskan's are one area I have seen her praised. We've been through this subject before. No reason to carry this on. Old news.

The media placed the dummy tag on her, just like they have done before.

Dan Quayle got it, for a misspelling and Obama does the same thing and it means nothing.

The media controls the narrative. This includes Tina Fey and the idiots who are accomplices in the conspiracy that is Democratic politics.

On that note, Sharyl Attkisson resigned from CBS news today. She was on the wrong side of the Benghazi story.......... Two points, I don't anybody who thought she was dumb. Mis and uninformed is more like it . Maybe not as quick on her feet as some. But not dumb. She is probably as smart as any politician.
Isn't the term Royalities just a fancy word for taxes on the oil taken from Alaska? Isn't the program for older Alaskans socialism?
i

thaskalos
03-10-2014, 05:58 PM
He comes up with an odd opinion on things from time to time, but he always has his facts lined up. Krauthammer is generally acknowledged to be the first person of note to use the term "Bush doctrine", and he used it in regard to ABMs and Kyoto.

The term evolved over time, but was never well defined, especially while Bush was still in office, which is when Gibson played gotcha with it. The question puzzled a lot of other people at the time.

I am not clear about the point that Krauthammer was trying to make in the article that JustRalph posted.

Ok...so the term "Bush Doctrine" evolved over time...and it had taken on multiple meanings. Shouldn't Palin have been familiar with at least ONE of them?

FantasticDan
03-10-2014, 06:06 PM
The media placed the dummy tag on her, just like they have done before. Dan Quayle got it, for a misspelling and Obama does the same thing and it means nothing.Really, Obama did the same thing? He watched some kid write "respect" on the blackboard, and he told the kid he was wrong, better change it to "rspect"?

Now that would be funny. :lol: :ThmbUp:

Oh, and then when they pulled down the US map, he could say, "Durrrr, this must be an old map, where are the other seven states??" :lol: :faint:

davew
03-10-2014, 06:43 PM
you must have missed this Fantastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTbOMzOlpI

I still don't understand that if the first guy to ever use something in print, suddenly has no idea what it means.

So what is the Obama Doctrine? don't ask what you can do for the country, ask what the country can do for you..

classhandicapper
03-10-2014, 07:55 PM
I am not clear about the point that Krauthammer was trying to make in the article that JustRalph posted.

Ok...so the term "Bush Doctrine" evolved over time...and it had taken on multiple meanings. Shouldn't Palin have been familiar with at least ONE of them?

The article implied asking "what aspect?" was appropriate because there wasn't a consensus on what the "Bush Doctrine" meant at that time. But rather than giving her a more specific question, the interviewer (being biased) tried to make her look foolish.

I don't doubt she was looking for a more specific question, but it's not clear if that was because she was aware of the multi use of that term or because she didn't know what it meant at all. In any case, I see that as a case of ignorance or not being ready for prime time, not an issue of intelligence.

If the left had made the case she wasn't ready, I think that would have been quite acceptable to all. But the left was on an all out search and destroy mission because she was a relatively young, very attractive, conservative woman, that had riled up the convention and core with her speech. That was not good for the left. So they destroyed her.

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2014, 08:13 PM
The left did what they had to do...what the right would have done.

The responsibility in what happened falls squarely at the feet of the GOP for putting her up to begin with.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the GOP is left with the unique problem of putting up a PERFECT CANDIDATE. And when I mean PERFECT, we are talking absolutely 100% perfect. Perfect in looks...perfect in stature...perfect hair...perfect mix of nationalities...perfect cadence...super-human intelligence...and on and on and on...you get the picture...

Nothing else will be seen as acceptable from the opposition, which, unfortunately, also happens to control the media dialogue in this country. This, despite the fact that right-leaning programming always seems to get higher ratings.

Go figure.

Jay Trotter
03-10-2014, 09:16 PM
I give up!

Tom
03-10-2014, 09:20 PM
You tell me that many really smart people disagree with me

My guess, ALL of them.

Tom
03-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Really, Obama did the same thing? He watched some kid write "respect" on the blackboard, and he told the kid he was wrong, better change it to "rspect"?

No, he couldn't even get it right when it is a song and he couldn't even sign it right.

Ever wonder how the idiot would do with the alphabet?

Acdb,feg.....

Oh, and let's not forget, this is the same mental midget who said that we give breathalizers to kids with asthma. :lol:

Tom
03-10-2014, 09:24 PM

Was it a multiple choice question?
Because it had different meaning and evolve, it in effect did not exist. She answered correctly.

The question was stupid, asked a known dimwit.

Tom
03-10-2014, 09:28 PM
The looney-birds get 100% of their demographic watching only one station, Fox News, so yes they have the highest ratings.

You should hang around with Sara......it might improve you IQ a few points.
Your posts are showing your lack of, shall we say, reality? A? :lol: :lol:

TJDave
03-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Nothing else will be seen as acceptable from the opposition, which, unfortunately, also happens to control the media dialogue in this country. This, despite the fact that right-leaning programming always seems to get higher ratings.

If the right gets higher ratings then the left isn't doing a very good job of controlling, is it? ;)

Clocker
03-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Oh, and let's not forget, this is the same mental midget who said that we give breathalizers to kids with asthma. :lol:

Unless they are military kids. Then we just call a corpse man.

newtothegame
03-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Or, hell, lets just make fun of special Olympic kids and their supposed inability to bowl!!! :mad:

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2014, 01:59 AM
If the right gets higher ratings then the left isn't doing a very good job of controlling, is it? ;)It's mind boggling sometimes, especially to an idiot like me.

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2014, 02:04 AM
If the right gets higher ratings then the left isn't doing a very good job of controlling, is it? ;)Actually, they do a great job. Fox news gets top ratings among its peers, however, most people still get their news and opinion from the major networks and newspapers.

TJDave
03-11-2014, 02:49 AM
Fox news gets top ratings among its peers

I would hope so.

Look...You and I don't seem to have a problem in figuring it out. How about letting others think for themselves. If they can't then maybe they aren't meant for the challenge.

Robert Goren
03-11-2014, 07:10 AM
The left did what they had to do...what the right would have done.

The responsibility in what happened falls squarely at the feet of the GOP for putting her up to begin with.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the GOP is left with the unique problem of putting up a PERFECT CANDIDATE. And when I mean PERFECT, we are talking absolutely 100% perfect. Perfect in looks...perfect in stature...perfect hair...perfect mix of nationalities...perfect cadence...super-human intelligence...and on and on and on...you get the picture...

Go figure.The GOP won twice with GWB who was far from the perfect candidate. The GOP just needs put up somebody decent. A good place to start is somebody under 60 who won their last general election. There are ton of GOP senators and governors who fit that description. Now throw out the ones with foot-in-mouth disease. Then pick someone who is a conservative but not too far right. Avoid hard core tea partiers and you have a potential winner. The hard right won't love him or her, but then again anybody they love hasn't a chance. The key is to pick someone who can relay the message that government can do things when it has to, but will only do them when it absolutely has to. That is where the center of the American people currently are now and has been for quite a while. I wish they were further to the left, but they aren't.

Robert Goren
03-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Actually, they do a great job. Fox news gets top ratings among its peers, however, most people still get their news and opinion from the major networks and newspapers.Fox news does a pretty good job of reporting the news when there is no politics involved in the story. But they will beat a story to death if there is way to portray Obama in unfavorable light. They have found a profitable niche for them and they are going to exploit it for all it is worth while they can. As a cable channel that is what they are suppose to do if they are to be profitable. The question is whether they will survive as a player when Obama is gone. MSNBC was going great guns when Bush was president, but now is merely taking up a channel slot with about as viewers as QVC. I don't have an opinion either way on what will happen to Fox News once Obama is gone. Trying to pick winners in cable TV is like try to pick the supra in the derby cold.

JustRalph
03-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Fox news does a pretty good job of reporting the news when there is no politics involved in the story. But they will beat a story to death if there is way to portray Obama in unfavorable light. They have found a profitable niche for them and they are going to exploit it for all it is worth while they can. As a cable channel that is what they are suppose to do if they are to be profitable. The question is whether they will survive as a player when Obama is gone. MSNBC was going great guns when Bush was president, but now is merely taking up a channel slot with about as viewers as QVC. I don't have an opinion either way on what will happen to Fox News once Obama is gone. Trying to pick winners in cable TV is like try to pick the supra in the derby cold.

You know they have been around a lot longer than Obama, right?

reckless
03-11-2014, 01:36 PM
The GOP won twice with GWB who was far from the perfect candidate. The GOP just needs put up somebody decent. A good place to start is somebody under 60 who won their last general election. There are ton of GOP senators and governors who fit that description. Now throw out the ones with foot-in-mouth disease. ... pick someone who is a conservative but not too far right. Avoid hard core tea partiers and you have a potential winner. The hard right won't love him or her, but then again anybody they love hasn't a chance. The key is to pick someone who can relay the message that government can do things when it has to, but will only do them when it absolutely has to. That is where the center of the American people currently are now and has been for quite a while. I wish they were further to the left, but they aren't.

I just love it when left wingers tell people what the GOP needs to do to win an election. I never met a left winger yet who had the best interest for the country at heart much less what's best for the GOP or proud Conservatives.

reckless
03-11-2014, 01:43 PM
No, he couldn't even get it right when it is a song and he couldn't even sign it right.

Ever wonder how the idiot would do with the alphabet?

Acdb,feg.....

Well the left wing was right about one thing ... affirmative action is definitely needed for a person who is an imbecil but does possess lofty goals and dreams.

HUSKER55
03-11-2014, 02:21 PM
oweee!

I was hoping for something with more substance.....

no wonder the world laughs at us....OJT for the POTUSA

Robert Goren
03-11-2014, 03:58 PM
I just love it when left wingers tell people what the GOP needs to do to win an election. I never met a left winger yet who had the best interest for the country at heart much less what's best for the GOP or proud Conservatives.Just telling you what I fear. I have no problem saying what I think. Nobody pays any attention anyhow. I love it when "proud" conservatives talk because people listen to them and they scare the Hell out of anybody other than one of there own thinking about voting for one.

reckless
03-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Just telling you what I fear. I have no problem saying what I think. Nobody pays any attention anyhow. I love it when "proud" conservatives talk because people listen to them and they scare the Hell out of anybody other than one of there own thinking about voting for one.

My response has been a bone of contention with me for ages.

I find it laughable that left wingers/Democrats/Progressives, et al, always offer advise on what the GOP needs to do to win an election.

Why would conservatives or even the establishment GOP heed such advise from our political (and our country's) enemies?

Also, why would proud conservatives scare you, Robert?

Don't you care about the (mis)direction our country is taking?

Speaking of scary, isn't it real scary on how much Obama has demeaned our standing in the world?

The Ukraine, Iran, Egypt, Syria is a powder keg yet all the world sees lately is this clown Obama and his court jester, Joe Biden, always on vacation, playing golf, talking policy to 8-year-old school kids, drawing thin pink lines at our enemies and getting his NCAA brackets in order.

And you say proud conservatives scare you??

Have you seriously thought it through on how Obama's Affordable Care Act is not affordable at all nor does it have any health care in it?

Does it bother you on principle that someone like Mike Barnicle could virulently demean Sarah Palin on television and call her a moron despite the fact that he personally has a history of dishonesty and plagarism while a columnist for a major Boston newspaper?

Yet, left wingers on this great board seemed to get all bent out of shape when I started an earlier thread about the Democrat's War on Women.

The true hateful and scary stuff, Robert, is all laid at the feet of the left wing and the Democrat Party.

thaskalos
03-11-2014, 06:41 PM
My response has been a bone of contention with me for ages.

I find it laughable that left wingers/Democrats/Progressives, et al, always offer advise on what the GOP needs to do to win an election.

Why would conservatives or even the establishment GOP heed such advise from our political (and our country's) enemies?

Also, why would proud conservatives scare you, Robert?

Don't you care about the (mis)direction our country is taking?

Speaking of scary, isn't it real scary on how much Obama has demeaned our standing in the world?

The Ukraine, Iran, Egypt, Syria is a powder keg yet all the world sees lately is this clown Obama and his court jester, Joe Biden, always on vacation, playing golf, talking policy to 8-year-old school kids, drawing thin pink lines at our enemies and getting his NCAA brackets in order.

And you say proud conservatives scare you??

Have you seriously thought it through on how Obama's Affordable Care Act is not affordable at all nor does it have any health care in it?

Does it bother you on principle that someone like Mike Barnicle could virulently demean Sarah Palin on television and call her a moron despite the fact that he personally has a history of dishonesty and plagarism while a columnist for a major Boston newspaper?

Yet, left wingers on this great board seemed to get all bent out of shape when I started an earlier thread about the Democrat's War on Women.

The true hateful and scary stuff, Robert, is all laid at the feet of the left wing and the Democrat Party.

ALL the "hateful and scary stuff" should be laid at the feet of the left wing and the Democratic Party...Mr. Reckless? Aren't there any hateful and scary stuff left over to be laid at the feet of the right wing and the Republican Party?

Obama ALONE was the one who "demeaned our standing in the world"?

What did GWB do? ENDEAR us to the world?

reckless
03-11-2014, 07:55 PM
ALL the "hateful and scary stuff" should be laid at the feet of the left wing and the Democratic Party

hi Thaskalos,

Yes, I feel the hateful and scary stuff seems to be the imprimatur of the left wing and Democrat Party. There is much more 'proof' on this opinion than not.

...Mr. Reckless? Aren't there any hateful and scary stuff left over to be laid at the feet of the right wing and the Republican Party?

I am sure one could find isolated examples. I am no fan of the current establishment GOP by any means, and I have on record for years on end, here and elsewhere, said so at the expense of the GOP. I am a 'proud' conservative that our friend Robert Goren seems to afraid of.

Just an example of the hateful (and silly) left wing. The left hates the Koch Brothers and in NYC, there are Council Members looking to protest and refuse the $100 million gift for a Medical Hospital. I would think that such a generous gift would be accepted with open arms. I would also think that this gift would help provide top health care for all citizens -- Democrats, liberals, Republicans, scary conservatives, Jews, Gentiles, Muslims -- basically everybody, including Italians and Greeks :).

But because the Koch Brothers are GOP money men, conservative in nature and even worst, oil men, liberals want to refuse their offer.

Do you think this is silly to put partisan politics ahead of what is good for the general citizenry? I do.

Obama ALONE was the one who "demeaned our standing in the world"?

Well, I do recall when G.W. Bush was accused of the same crime, the accusations came from ideological enemies of the USA: college campuses, the UN, the French, the Hague, you know who, the usual suspects.

Obama is all by himself as the reason the world thinks that the USA is no longer a major world power and a laughingstock.

Some examples: Putin bitch-slapping Obama with his actions in the Ukraine has proven this; the Syrian 'red line' threat that was a joke in the world's eyes; blaming the Bhengazi terrorist attack on a You Tube video... a lie that caused deaths to our Ambassador and soldiers. Again, the world knew better, but the left wing in the USA still uses this lie as a reason. How about Obama and Hilary supporting our enemy the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and elsewhere, all dangerous and scary stuff.

Israel and even some Arab countries have spoken on the record that Obama can't be trusted. I never read or heard from any legit source that the USA under Bush couldn't be trusted. Plain and simple no one trusts Obama, Kerry, Hilary and the USA anymore.

classhandicapper
03-11-2014, 08:27 PM
If the right gets higher ratings then the left isn't doing a very good job of controlling, is it? ;)

My theory on this is that if you lean left you have MANY options for TV news, TV entertainment, newspapers, magazines etc... So whatever percentage of the population wants left leaning news etc.. it gets very diluted among all the available options.

If you lean right you have some financial and business programs/magazines/papers, FOX, talk radio, and Duck Dynasty. ;) So conservative are way more concentrated in the smaller number of options.

There is very little in the middle.

So you could say the left dominates the available media, but the right dominates the ratings.

thaskalos
03-11-2014, 08:44 PM
hi Thaskalos,

Yes, I feel the hateful and scary stuff seems to be the imprimatur of the left wing and Democrat Party. There is much more 'proof' on this opinion than not.

I am sure one could find isolated examples. I am no fan of the current establishment GOP by any means, and I have on record for years on end, here and elsewhere, said so at the expense of the GOP. I am a 'proud' conservative that our friend Robert Goren seems to afraid of.

Just an example of the hateful (and silly) left wing. The left hates the Koch Brothers and in NYC, there are Council Members looking to protest and refuse the $100 million gift for a Medical Hospital. I would think that such a generous gift would be accepted with open arms. I would also think that this gift would help provide top health care for all citizens -- Democrats, liberals, Republicans, scary conservatives, Jews, Gentiles, Muslims -- basically everybody, including Italians and Greeks :).

But because the Koch Brothers are GOP money men, conservative in nature and even worst, oil men, liberals want to refuse their offer.

Do you think this is silly to put partisan politics ahead of what is good for the general citizenry? I do.

Well, I do recall when G.W. Bush was accused of the same crime, the accusations came from ideological enemies of the USA: college campuses, the UN, the French, the Hague, you know who, the usual suspects.

Obama is all by himself as the reason the world thinks that the USA is no longer a major world power and a laughingstock.

Some examples: Putin bitch-slapping Obama with his actions in the Ukraine has proven this; the Syrian 'red line' threat that was a joke in the world's eyes; blaming the Bhengazi terrorist attack on a You Tube video... a lie that caused deaths to our Ambassador and soldiers. Again, the world knew better, but the left wing in the USA still uses this lie as a reason. How about Obama and Hilary supporting our enemy the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and elsewhere, all dangerous and scary stuff.

Israel and even some Arab countries have spoken on the record that Obama can't be trusted. I never read or heard from any legit source that the USA under Bush couldn't be trusted. Plain and simple no one trusts Obama, Kerry, Hilary and the USA anymore.

Look...I don't like arguing about politics, as a rule...because I consider it to be a colossal waste of time. NONE of us really know what we are talking about when it comes to politics...but, because we THINK that we do...it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for us to change our minds about our political beliefs. Keeping in mind that I have respect for your opinions...here are some of my own:

I am a foreigner, as you know, and I make it my business to keep track of the news in my own country -- and in Europe in general. It was common knowledge that the USA could not be trusted in much of the world...even before Obama. I know that Americans don't like to hear this...but it is what it is.

Do I think that this is a BAD thing for this country? Should the USA be overly preoccupied with what the rest of the world thinks about her?

Of course not!

America should be primarily concerned with the welfare of the AMERICANS...and a high standard of living for the Americans would be the best way to silence those who go to great lengths to criticize this country. But that isn't what is happening now either.

This once-great country is mired in economic turmoil...and only "smoke and mirrors" are preventing its citizens from realizing how dire things really are. But the people can only be kept from the "truth" for so long...

The problems plaguing this country cannot be attributed solely to one political party...or to the other. These economic problems have been brewing for many years...and there is enough blame to go around. This "finger-pointing" is an old trick that country-leaders use, to distract the citizens from the real problems at hand.

America has been my home for the last 41 years...and will remain my home for the rest of my life. THIS is my country now...and I want nothing but the best for her -- and for all the people living here. But this country has been rather fortunate up 'til now...and the citizens here don't really remember how BAD bad can get -- when the governing body puts its own welfare ahead of the welfare of the people whom they've sworn to represent.

I see economic turmoil here...and incompetent leadership ALL THE WAY AROUND.

And my knowledge of history informs me that that's a recipe for disaster.

I hope I am wrong...